GGG completely blew it - I quit

"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

Even if you do get currency or progress, what do you use it for? Everything you use yourself is useless because you always lose. Even if I had 10000C, I'm not going to load up a Harbinger mod, simply because it's just stupid.

i think you simply lost the 'fun' aspect of the game and play only for 'gains' or 'efficiency'

ill brutal here - if you want to 'gain' anything: exercise, learn something, go find a better job

games are waste of time in the big picture. you can only gain 'fun' out of it. the moment you started treating the game like a job (i wont do A because i do not get currency out of it) was the moment you (and seeeeveral others) lost

the more brutal truth comes even quicker: once you wake up youll diss POE in 2 minutes and never come back. this kind of addiction and perceived gains shatters quickly

this is also what is ultimately going to kill POE (and GGG as a company). games are 'games' because of 'challenge'. simple games with challenge live for decades (i bet civ 4 has more daily players than POE) while games with insta-win insta-gratification and faux-challenges that you can cheat around are temporary fads

and it seems that ggg cannot see or will not accept the simple fact: creating a challenge and then immediately giving people ways to cheat around it (insta logout, vaal pact, buyable challenges, defences that are noob traps because more damage is always better defence etc) removes the 'challenge' factor out of the game and turns it into a passtime

passtimes do not last and unless people get addicted (or have strong enough willpower to avoid using built-in cheats to maintain the challenge) - they quickly leave

but maybe thats the point. poe is a seasonal game with majority of revenue coming from new players. so maybe thats the plan anyway
Last edited by sidtherat on Mar 6, 2018, 2:51:56 AM
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
"
vio wrote:
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
how they blew it with making the game a super grindfest that doesn't need any thinking whatsoever.

how else do you want to get your godly gear?

a grindfest with heavy rng to have at least some diminishing returns to get those supporting players wit a functioning life lucky from time to time.

I have a very functioning life, that is the very core reason why I'm quitting. I'm not willing to go endless zombie grind mode to have success.

nope. you usually throw some nets while doing the main story to get the challenges and when mapping you just look for 3 to 4 monster affixes that have valuable outcomes.

for me, the biggest improvement of bestiary is the increased rare monsters difficulty and the enrage mechanic. they also drop more loot.

catching them is just a nice gimmick for 90% of them
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
sidtherat wrote:

i think you simply lost the 'fun' aspect of the game and play only for 'gains' or 'efficiency'

ill brutal here - if you want to 'gain' anything: exercise, learn something, go find a better job

I don't understand where the assumption comes that I lost the fun aspect or that I live a shit life? I go to gym 5x per week, been going for 8 years, one of the richest people in my town, good relationships, pro gamer since forever. The game itself has been dumbed down to a level where it's a cookie clicker, not an ARPG.

"
Pyrokar wrote:
I am really confused here. Did the changes that OP mentioned really happen or is he just complaining about RNG and the sextant nerf? Last league(s) he was lucky and now he isn't? I didnt't see anything he is describing in the patch notes.

Currencies did get nerfed without a doubt, I've mapped too much to not make a difference. This isn't even about me and my RNG. Players adjust the price of things. If T13 is 3C and last league it was 10C, then that means that chaos is more valuable and rare. You can see the same thing in most items.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
So let me get this straight... Changes were made because everyone and their sister was litteraly flocking to the same thing because it was the hands down best/easiest way to acquire wealth...

And now your not only Surprised by them changing this but actually pissed?

Dude let me make something real clear to EVERYONE... And this comes from not only 5+ years in this game alone but countless other years and thousands of hours in other games..

If you have been playing Path of Exile for more than 1 year now and are still unable to adjust to changes in this game.. Go do something else. Dont even waste your time playing games at all.. Its not for you and your reasoning for why you do it most likely isn't in the right place for it anyway.

There is ALWAYS ways to make currency in POE... Even in Standard where the economy is fucked from years of currency and item inflation and legacy market. Theres is ALWAYS something broken or something method of farming that yields the best results. Go out and find it.. That USED to be half the fun was setting out and finding the next way to do things when something changes.. Not go cry about it on the forums.

The very thing the vast majority of people on these forums that bitch and complain do not realize is that very thing you guys hate so much and that causes more salt that any other action GGG make is actually the one thing that keeps this game alive to start with... Change! This game has ALWAYS been ever changing. And if you cant get behind that this isn't the game for you. But make no mistake this game would flat line and probably quite quickly if it didn't see constant changes and new content added around those changes...

Ive had 50-100 Ex builds DESTROYED by patches.. Hell im even willing to admit thats a huge reason for my stance on the matter.. Ive been royally fucked by it but in doing so now at least i know what im in for and now ill NEVER spend anything close to that kinda currency in a build EVER again... Fuck that theres no need anyway if you do it right.

And as far as time correlation when it comes to games especially ARPGs... dude ARPGs have ALWAYS been about the grind. PERIOD! And its always stood that the man who puts the most time and most grind in gets the most out of it. From D2...D3, Grim Dawn, POE, it doesnt matter the more time you put in the more shit you will always see. If you put in 8 hours and your buddy puts in 16 hours... chances are he sees roughly twice what you seen throughout that session.

There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
"
Demonoz wrote:
So let me get this straight... Changes were made because everyone and their sister was litteraly flocking to the same thing because it was the hands down best/easiest way to acquire wealth...

And now your not only Surprised by them changing this but actually pissed?

There is a massive difference between playing smart and grinding mindlessly. I'm pissed because my options are limited to only one option. Half of the game that exists and has existed is deleted from the game simply because it's not worth doing.

I was rich as fuck every league so I know how to make loads of currency, I can do that right now as well but even if there is something broken now. For what will I use it?

Crafting is always a deficit
Investing more in maps is a deficit

^^^^^^^^^^^

That's literally the whole core of the game that is gone. It's no different from a cookie clicker where you just hold 1 button down for hours so you could press another click in a different place to upgrade yourself.
You haven't even played Bestiary, please. Also you're strawmanning to the max and can't tell the difference between speed of acquiring wealth vs being ABLE to acquire wealth.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Last edited by Kiss_Me_Quick on Mar 6, 2018, 5:57:52 AM
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
There is a massive difference between playing smart and grinding mindlessly.

It isn't really playing smart, you were ticking the boxes you were supposed to if you wanted results. It's like parents buying you a truck when you graduate highschool, you aren't getting a reward for success, you getting it for not failing.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
There is a massive difference between playing smart and grinding mindlessly.

It isn't really playing smart, you were ticking the boxes you were supposed to if you wanted results. It's like parents buying you a truck when you graduate highschool, you aren't getting a reward for success, you getting it for not failing.

Choose whatever words you wish, the fact is that there were more things to work with and play with. Mixing and using the tools that you had wisely was profitable and smart, now you can't use them unless you want to shoot yourself in the leg.
So, you're pretty much leaving because you can't use the obvious shortcut to get rich and playing without getting rich quick holds no appeal to you? There's no helping it then, I suppose.

Last edited by raics on Mar 6, 2018, 6:25:43 AM
"
raics wrote:
So, you're pretty much leaving because you can't use the obvious shortcut to get rich and playing without getting rich quick holds no appeal to you? There's no helping it then, I suppose.

Shortcut to what? What am I going to do with that currency? Is using the tools that are core of the game now considered a shortcut? Your ONLY way of progressing is running alch / magic maps non stop, as soon as you load up a Zana map mod in a <T14 map, you just threw 2+ chaos away. That is DAY 3, in 2 weeks there's no point in using them even in T15 and rarely in T16 which means that 99% of the players will never use it. Anything you do with currency yourself is an automatic loss to you, you can only use it as "money".
Last edited by Kiss_Me_Quick on Mar 6, 2018, 6:42:06 AM
Well, using the tools that aren't in the game would be cheating, not a shortcut. But yeah, if it's the fastest way to do something it's a shortcut, and by that I don't mean there's anything wrong or underhanded about it, you got all the signs pointing to it anyway - for fastest route to Rockefeller Hill go this way.

What I meant by there's no helping it was, if we're thinking logically, GGG closing it means that a route that fast shouldn't exist in the game and even if a similar one appears again at a later date they will close it down again. So, if you can't bring yourself to bother playing without one I don't think there's anything that can be done about it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info