GGG completely blew it - I quit

"
aldorus wrote:
"
ciel289 wrote:

i didnt have any trouble for a long time now.
which gateways did you try? sometimes it can be a gateway problem and the servers are running fine.

My "main" is Frankfurt, I tried Amsterdam and Paris as well. Had trouble on all three.
The weird part - as long as I am solo, the problems are barely noticeable.

Once my friend joins the mapping, we both have it borderline unplayable.
We both played together every league for a long time, so scratching my head.

If it would be only me, I would already lynch my provider, but we are not even from the same city, but we have same symptoms - once we group together, we cross some border and the game is barely playable since the launch of the league.

I still hope it is just server load, that will go down in few days and we get back to normal

hmm ,than i cant say anything as i play SSF.the only thing that could matter as well would be the gateway your friend is using and who opens the map. i never liked grouplay in these kind of games since it seems to make everything very "easy" bosses and monsters have a diffrent target + bonus auras/curse(s).
i´m not saying tehre arent any problems its just i didint notice any.
"
Miská wrote:
And the worst part is, the people that are rejoicing these choices, it didn't even affect them in the slightest. It's like rejoicing your neighbour getting ill, because you are envious of his car. It's despicable behaviour.

This is an online game, changes affect everyone that isn't playing an SSF league. Personally, I'm happy because the problem becomes more apparent without the exploit so there's a greater chance it will be solved in a way that improves the game for everyone, that's better in my book than keeping the situation favorable to 5 or 10% of the playerbase.

For instance, it's similar to having two awesome melee skills, as long as they're around they can claim that melee is played and is in a good spot. If those two get nerfed fixing the underlying issue becomes a more pressing concern. We could say it happened with summoners, before you could only play snapshot spectres but once they removed it they had to put more work into the archetype and now we have a ton of ways of playing summoner.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Mar 7, 2018, 9:58:14 AM
Wow, just read through all of this thread.

I must say this shit was blowing my mind as I was trying to make some sense out of it. It all comes down to a simple statement that people are not making enough currency to run maps just by running maps. Some people even quit because of this.

I wonder how should I feel about this since I'm playing mostly SSF (self-imposed) and avoid trading as much as possible. I usually plateau around tier 14 maps in a league because I refuse to trade for maps. I did not have issues with currency in past league but I just reach white maps yesterday evening so can not comment how is Bestiary developing so far.
"
Baron01 wrote:
Wow, just read through all of this thread.

I must say this shit was blowing my mind as I was trying to make some sense out of it. It all comes down to a simple statement that people are not making enough currency to run maps just by running maps. Some people even quit because of this.

I wonder how should I feel about this since I'm playing mostly SSF (self-imposed) and avoid trading as much as possible. I usually plateau around tier 14 maps in a league because I refuse to trade for maps. I did not have issues with currency in past league but I just reach white maps yesterday evening so can not comment how is Bestiary developing so far.

For SSF it must be even worse honestly. I am running alched maps with biscos and goldwyrm, and not even getting enough alchs back to cover what I spent. I've been buying alchs every single day since day 1, because the droprate of currency is just to low. Compared to before where I only had to buy alchs once a week or so.

And just to be specific (Because the lolroflbreach guys are still around) this is just compared alched maps vs alched maps. No breach, zana mods, sextants etc. Normal alched maps are on the edge of COSTING currency to run. Go on and defend that.
I'm finding this thread a bit head-scratching because I only play SSF and I'm usually sitting on high double digit or low triple digit alch counts (ie: 80 - 120 alchs) even when in red maps. More generally, I don't find maintaining functional currency counts that difficult while mapping (except chisels).

I almost never do alch / scour / alch ... for maps. I use the chaos recipe and chaos orb drops to re-roll maps that have mods I can't / won't run. I don't need a large supply of regal orbs, so I often "downgrade" the regal recipe to chaos by adding in one item with ilvl 60-75 to a set of items with ilvl 75+ (easy enough to do, just do a brief, truncated speedrun through the canals / feeding trough in A10 whenever I run low).

I pick up rare jewelry while mapping because that's usually the key constraint for filling out the chaos / regal recipe. Otherwise, I usually just pick up rares dropped near or by the boss, or those that have some chance of being an upgrade for my character, and use those items to generate a bit more currency for each map and to fuel the chaos / regal recipe. I have to leave the map at the end anyways, so a few extra seconds spent picking up items to turn into currency and less than a minute interacting with a vendor screen seems like a reasonable tradeoff. It's rare that I leave and return to a map; I usually leave only once and that's after I've finished running it.

The main currency item I have trouble managing is chisels. I find picking up all rock breakers and their variants bothersome, so I only pick them up when they have quality on them or when I'm starting to run low on them. It's not optimal from a map maintenance / progression perspective, but I live with that tradeoff.

Maybe there's some useful information for the "currency deficit while mapping" folks in here, or maybe not.
Now that prestige classes will finally leave lab in 4.0, will GGG get it right this time or will they find new ways to repeat old mistakes?
Last edited by EnjoyTheJourney on Mar 7, 2018, 11:12:36 AM
Regal orbs are non existent to me, but Chaos drops like candy.

What I miss most are the red beasts though and if I do so many Abyss, then why no jewels or belts, it´s just terrible to give me a crack each map, but no rewards in them. I would love to get rid of many chaos orbs and cracks, if I would just get the league content, finally.

This is a beast league, so give us beasts please.
"
Ygidua wrote:
Regal orbs are non existent to me, but Chaos drops like candy.

What I miss most are the red beasts though and if I do so many Abyss, then why no jewels or belts, it´s just terrible to give me a crack each map, but no rewards in them. I would love to get rid of many chaos orbs and cracks, if I would just get the league content, finally.

This is a beast league, so give us beasts please.
jewels noly drop from things you can open (box outside or everything in the side area. belts only drop from rares? and the "boss" (doesnt have to be a lich) in the deeps.
they changed that and its written in one of the patchnotes.
When GGG said they were taking poe in a new direction from 3.0 on wards, i wasn't expecting them to ruin the game.

Everything since legacy has been trash or worse.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info