GGG completely blew it - I quit

Posting it here too, so you would have a better understanding.

I am now 100% sure that currencies are nerfed. I was left off previously on 6 smaller maps with only 1 vaal orb drop which is bad RNG but if I add 5 more on top of it:

I ran some just in case to check it out. All with 70 - 90 quant rare + 19% Goldwyrms. Didn't write down below alch currencies and probably missed a few steel nets.

First map 0 rare currency drops - Mud Geiser ( small map)
Second map 1 chaos 1 fuse - Estuary ( big map)
Third map 1 fuse - Arachnid nest ( big map)
Fourth map 1 fuse 1 regret 1 vaal - Vaal Temple with double boss ( big map)
Fifth map 2 scour 1 alch - Residence ( big map)

33 steel nets, 6 thauma nets.

The overall profit is something like 2C for 4 giant and 1 small map with all of the cool extra on top of it. Ended with 2 blue mud geysers, I started from 3 previously owned rare maps. Without Goldwyrms, the profit would be 1C aka can barely roll new maps if I exchange all my currency.

Not bothering to test anymore until GGG actually writes something.

If I use chisels, I am in deficit
If I use prophecies, I am in deficit
If I reroll or get 1 map that has reflect, I am in deficit
If I use Zana map mods, I am in deficit
If I use fragments, I am in deficit
=
Zombie mode alch 20 maps to get 5C without considering alchs and rerolls, with these it would be close to 0. Not worth playing.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Last edited by Kiss_Me_Quick on Mar 7, 2018, 7:04:09 AM
"
Miská wrote:
You are still living in the stone age, mapping like you describe it happened 10 leagues ago. The last 10 leagues however, you could invest currency into mapping and make some extra back. By using sextants, zana mods, utilizing the league mods, vaaling maps etc. Risk vs reward. It made the game less reliant on trade for wealth only.

You see, that's the problem right there, people are in the red because they pick up only currency while you can cover some expenses from that occasional good drop payoff. If you tried to squeeze more out of your map it would be sustainable in the long run, but that isn't fast you say, great, pick one, speed or sustainability. If that's the way it works again that's fine with me.

I don't understand the design where you can still profit by leaving valuable things on the ground in a supposedly loot centered game. If everyone did that there wouldn't even be any loot.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Mar 7, 2018, 7:16:11 AM
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:

1. I'll help you out buddy.

deficit
ˈdɛfɪsɪt/Submit
noun
an excess of expenditure or liabilities over income or assets in a given period.

You have a T13 map, you use a Zana Map Mod, you complete the map, you return from the map with 2C less than you started with. Voila, deficit! Wahaha

2. Jesus christ, the SSF argument is the most obnoxious and dumbest one of them all. No I don't want to play only a small part of the game only. Yes, I do like to play, trade and communicate with other players.

3. Yes, running alch maps for 12h per day non stop like a zombie is not a game worth playing for me.

1:

2:
So you don't like the game the way you play, but balk at any suggestion pointing you towards SSF?

SSF liberates you from the "deficit" mentality. This is one of the great things about it! You use your orbs (instead of hording them like a squirrel). You'd be surprised what you can get done within the limitations of SSF. The challenge really makes the game more compelling.

3:
If you don't like repeating content, then what business do you have complaining about Grinding Gear Games' free-to-play ARPG -- a genre notorious for its repetition? Pfah
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
"
ciel289 wrote:

i didnt have any trouble for a long time now.
which gateways did you try? sometimes it can be a gateway problem and the servers are running fine.

My "main" is Frankfurt, I tried Amsterdam and Paris as well. Had trouble on all three.
The weird part - as long as I am solo, the problems are barely noticeable.

Once my friend joins the mapping, we both have it borderline unplayable.
We both played together every league for a long time, so scratching my head.

If it would be only me, I would already lynch my provider, but we are not even from the same city, but we have same symptoms - once we group together, we cross some border and the game is barely playable since the launch of the league.

I still hope it is just server load, that will go down in few days and we get back to normal
"
Miská wrote:
"
raics wrote:
"
Kiss_Me_Quick wrote:
A cool example to you - Last league if I spent 400C on crafting a foil, it would sell for 500C. Now if I want to sell the same foil that I spent 400C crafting on, it will sell for 250C because everyone has less currency available. The chances of something being rolled is fixed by GGG.
If I spent 10C( which is a fixed price by GGG) on a map, I ended with 16C afterwards. Now if I spend 10C, I get 8C, a loss.

As I said before, the mapping cost is the way things should be working so all well and good there.

However, I'll agree that crafting is in a bad place after dabbling in it myself for a time, but having a subset of people knocking the currency price down wasn't the right way to go about it. Maybe the problem now becomes more apparent without the bandaid and they solve it in a way that benefits everyone, so this could be a good thing in the long run.

You are still living in the stone age, mapping like you describe it happened 10 leagues ago. The last 10 leagues however, you could invest currency into mapping and make some extra back. By using sextants, zana mods, utilizing the league mods, vaaling maps etc. Risk vs reward. It made the game less reliant on trade for wealth only.

I'm getting so tired of the parrots in this thread that can only come up with 1 argument 'breach spoiled you'. People make currency and use it as a means to an end, many league players don't give a crap about how much wealth they have, but everyone needs it to fullfil their goals. Stop hating on people that are a little bit more ambitious then you.

Ambitious? Ambitious people do not complain but adapt and change. You most likely meant entitled. That set high goals and expect to happen no matter what.

What i find funny is that the argument with t13 map costs completely ignores the fact game changed A LOT between patches. No breach. No sextants. People that are ambitious already adapted and moved on and do different things. Im sure they are perfectly fine

Btw if you are so hell bent on vhaos orbs do chaos recipe. You can easily get lots and lots of these valuable chaos orbs.
"
sidtherat wrote:
Btw if you are so hell bent on vhaos orbs do chaos recipe. You can easily get lots and lots of these valuable chaos orbs.

How can you even suggest such an oldfashioned thing, sid?

Yup, easy to forget this fast modern game rests on those that stoneage it. Let the busy little drones sift through the mud and I'll just zoom through and spray it all over them, a strawberry here and a cherry there, pick no more than that because why would I? I'm croozin, bro, and they be hatin!

Playing a modern game is all well and good, but keep in mind GGG didn't design a modern game.

"
raics wrote:
"
Miská wrote:

You see, that's the problem right there, people are in the red because they pick up only currency while you can cover some expenses from that occasional good drop payoff. If you tried to squeeze more out of your map it would be sustainable in the long run, but that isn't fast you say, great, pick one, speed or sustainability. If that's the way it works again that's fine with me.

I don't understand the design where you can still profit by leaving valuable things on the ground in a supposedly loot centered game. If everyone did that there wouldn't even be any loot.

I'm not as doomsday as the OP. The point for me is not even that mapping is costly. I make enough currency trading to not have to worry about that at all. But what we have now vs last leagues is that the gap between trading and mapping became alot bigger once again. It doesn't make any sense why anyone would even defend that bigger made gap. So much hate on trading here, but when it comes to people complaining they are forced into trading because mapping is dogshit, then everyone is suddenly upset, and come with arguments how mapping is supposed to be shit.

Not everyone is playing like Zizaran. I really dislike the whole 'anyone who isn't spending 20min in every map is a filthy speed clearer'. I would prefer gameplay being more rewarding so I don't have to trade to get to my goals.
"
sidtherat wrote:

Ambitious? Ambitious people do not complain but adapt and change. You most likely meant entitled. That set high goals and expect to happen no matter what.

What i find funny is that the argument with t13 map costs completely ignores the fact game changed A LOT between patches. No breach. No sextants. People that are ambitious already adapted and moved on and do different things. Im sure they are perfectly fine

I love it how noobies think people were jumping into sextanted breached Vaults from day 1 last league. You should probably just keep quiet, you don't even understand the OP's post.
"
Miská wrote:
I'm not as doomsday as the OP. The point for me is not even that mapping is costly. I make enough currency trading to not have to worry about that at all. But what we have now vs last leagues is that the gap between trading and mapping became alot bigger once again. It doesn't make any sense why anyone would even defend that bigger made gap. So much hate on trading here, but when it comes to people complaining they are forced into trading because mapping is dogshit, then everyone is suddenly upset, and come with arguments how mapping is supposed to be shit.

Trading is dogshit too and I don't think anyone questions if that's intentional or not because we heard it directly from the horse's mouth, that's probably why I can't begrudge the wealth earned that way.

As already stated, I don't think the way mapping gained prominence was healthy. Ideally I'd like to see picking trash become more attractive by lowering the amount of rare loot but raising the odds of getting something good, which would result in a similar amount of good gear on the market but higher profit per map run while also naturally slowing the game down a bit.

"
raics wrote:
"
Miská wrote:

Trading is dogshit too and I don't think anyone questions if that's intentional or not because we heard it directly from the horse's mouth, that's probably why I can't begrudge the wealth earned that way.

As already stated, I don't think the way mapping gained prominence was healthy. Ideally I'd like to see picking trash become more attractive by lowering the amount of rare loot but raising the odds of getting something good, which would result in a similar amount of good gear on the market but higher profit per map run while also naturally slowing the game down a bit.

Are you talking about Vault only, because that was indeed abit over the top. But if you look at Legacy league for example with leaguestones, you could pick and choose wich content you enjoyed and earn enough currency to not have to focus on trading if you chose that route.

Whatever Vault created last league, the point was that there was an endgame mapping setup available. Maybe abit to profitable, but it took alot of effort and preparation. People here like to downplay that part, but there is a reason only a handful of players relatively took advantage of Vault farming.

Now we have not much left. They cut off sextants in a terrible way. They demolished Vault to be just a shadow what it was pre 3.1 (Completely unnecesarry and over the top), we lost Breach (Wich is fine, rotations happen. But maybe they should look at why Breach is so popular). We went from 190% to 20%, typical GGG nerfing. Way over the top and fix it later. And the worst part is, the people that are rejoicing these choices, it didn't even affect them in the slightest. It's like rejoicing your neighbour getting ill, because you are envious of his car. It's despicable behaviour.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info