This policy is a reason why the game will always be rigged with RMT and illegal Crosstrades

"
kolton wrote:

snitches get stitches

come at me bro, gl.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
Lol, apparently this thread is about gameplay and balance, not general rules and policy.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
It even isnt about double posting, isn't it?
"
Hilbert wrote:
Repost because original posting got deleted without breaking a rule!
This is feedback about the action being taken.
I only removed descriptions how to avoid detection after being caught.

I am not letting myself getting censored without reason!
I got backups of the posting now and other users should do the same.

"
The players have been given a five day account suspension and a warning that it will be a ban next time. I am willing to believe they didn't know about the rule if it was literally done on stream.

This proves my point why RMT and illegal crosstrades will always be a problem in PoE.

I reported several RMTers and they never got banned.

There also is another incident where it needed 10months till a 100% RMTer got banned.

Players breaking the rule only receive a warning. In others words they will use ways to perform such actions under the radar in future.

And the chance of such users getting banned is quiet low.

This is just a halfhearted way to execute rules.
You can't avoid a ticket for speeding because you didn't know about a speedlimit for example.

Especially high ranked players know about gggtracker.

As long players don't need to fear a direct ban for breaking the rules more players will be motivated to break them.
Given bans always were players getting shamed for months here or on reddit.

And especially crosstrades allow secondhand RMTing.

Especially banning known players will prevent other players to breaking the rules.
A halfhearted execution of punishment will only result into the belief supporters and streamers receive treatment.

Just remember the D3 Gold Dupe in Diablo 3 which resulted in several streamers getting banned.

soooooooooo...whats the point of your post now?
Neurotypicals are the worst thing this planet ever experienced.
"
Or maybe it has to do with who that player is and who he plays with ? *tinfoil head*

This is will always thrown in because of such incidents.

If you do research on higher tier RMTers you will easily find out they put next to no effort hiding it and got reported for months so in fact you can claim they overdid RMT or received several warnings.

I am not using the quote as special treatment towards rule breakers. I took it because it's common treatment against RMT/illegal trades.

Without a quote you would only read the standard stuff of the mail respoonse which isn't the case.
"We will ban players if we caught them"

"
where's the source of the quote OP posted?

check gggtracker chris posts in a 5 posting count thread or check the reddit link.

"
however, if there is reasonable proof the first action should be far worse than a slap on the wrist.

Sadly it is only a slap on the fingers.

"
If nothing else, this policy adds insane fuel to the "GGG profits off RMT by selling orbs" conspiracy theories.

You can easily check the owners of the Itemshops and find out the item shops belong to one of the big 4 multigame itemshopowners.

"
If large companies can't deal with this issue then how could a company run out of some guys garage deal with them?

My critics are aimed at the "Ban policy" when it's actually a "Warn policy"
And especially the reddit statements put this policy in a bad light.

It's more like they don't want to handle it.
Large companies usually also use RMT known as ingame shops.
Look at D3 or several MMORPGs.
The companies are compeating with external shops and they even can stay above their price because they are trusted or also offer MTX.

There were times companies were strictly against RMT. But those were times when e-bay was the most common RMT source and since several Bans and Scams were involved e-bay made such such auctions illegal.

There are several automated ways what GGG can do which don't require much effort such as logging trade ids, trade content and mode.
This way you can easily identify one sided trades.

But what's the point if it's only a written rule to make players feel better and there is no enforcement?

I am positive that some players would even want to see lotteries being a mutable offense.

"
soooooooooo...whats the point of your post now?

Proper rule enforcement or remove those rules at all.
The reddit posts rather indicate the latter.

To all those miserable QQers who say RMT is caused by low progression — essentially RMT apologists — Hilbert here is giving the real reason. In most cases, high crime rates are caused by cops failing to enforce laws, and that's precisely the situation here. It's not the nature of the game, but the fact that the risk of penalty is so low which causes infractions.

Why not stronger enforcement? My best guess is some kind of misguided sympathy for RMT buyers, viewing them as essentially non-criminals (perhaps as "potential" legit players), while instead trying to focus on RMT sellers who represent the true nastiness — botting, hacking, spamming, even sweatshop-style labor. But all that nasty stuff would have no payoff if not for the buyers, they are the component that turns all that malicious activity into an industry. As such, they are accomplices too it and are guilty as well. (Same with street drugs — if you're funding Mexican cartels who declare war on their government and murder federal agents, then you're partially responsible for those deaths.)

Plus, RMT buyers are a LOT easier to catch than the sellers.

This sympathy towards RMT buyers has to stop. GGG should punish them, and punish them mercilessly.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jan 4, 2014, 3:50:10 PM
GGG cant afford to step on the toes of streamers too much. It would be bad for business. (like it or not)

btw, how is GGG able to tell if something is cross-trade and not just friendly business? I mean in case of mere mortals that dont stream 24/7.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
What I personally dont get is how a person can tell for sure that other people are RMTing. Wanna enlighten me? I hope youre not the guy who posts screenshots of d2jsp auctions were items with the same stats and socket colours are posted and calls that proof.

Personally I am pretty sure that people simply suck at farming and the amount of RMTers in this game is way lower than many expect. I have seen a lot of people, including myself, who without going 24/7 managed to get enough money in the first month of a new league to finish their build. And I am talking about uniques that go for 25+EX without even being 6Linked, something else you have to add. And if even we are capable of doing that, without being part of the most efficient group, why shouldnt others be able to farm way more? Maybe they use bots, who knows. Cant remember that being illegal.

But youre welcome to show the proof you got on "various RMTers". I am pretty sure that its laughable and theres no way in hell it can be considered a clear case.
Last edited by nynyny on Jan 4, 2014, 4:21:05 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
To all those miserable QQers who say RMT is caused by low progression — essentially RMT apologists — Hilbert here is giving the real reason. In most cases, high crime rates are caused by cops failing to enforce laws, and that's precisely the situation here. It's not the nature of the game, but the fact that the risk of penalty is so low which causes infractions.

Why not stronger enforcement? My best guess is some kind of misguided sympathy for RMT buyers, viewing them as essentially non-criminals (perhaps as "potential" legit players), while instead trying to focus on RMT sellers who represent the true nastiness — botting, hacking, spamming, even sweatshop-style labor. But all that nasty stuff would have no payoff if not for the buyers, they are the component that turns all that malicious activity into an industry. As such, they are accomplices too it and are guilty as well. (Same with street drugs — if you're funding Mexican cartels who declare war on their government and murder federal agents, then you're partially responsible for those deaths.)

This sympathy towards RMT buyers has to stop. GGG should punish them, and punish them mercilessly.

People wouldn't RMT if they weren't compelled to. People will always RMT; GGG's job is to minimize it, which they clearly are not doing a very good job at.

Also high crime rate is not synonymous with lack of enforcement. There's a distinct lack of enforcement in various MMOs and yet hardly anyone RMTs in those. High crime rate in real life is linked to socioeconomic status more than anything. So guess what happens here too? When lots of people are poor and are determined to move up, they will turn to shady things like cross league trading and RMT.
Last edited by allbusiness on Jan 4, 2014, 4:36:20 PM
"
allbusiness wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

People wouldn't RMT if they weren't compelled to. People will always RMT; GGG's job is to minimize it, which they clearly are not doing a very good job at.

Also high crime rate is not synonymous with lack of enforcement. There's a distinct lack of enforcement in various MMOs and yet hardly anyone RMTs in those. High crime rate in real life is linked to socioeconomic status more than anything. So guess what happens here too? When lots of people are poor and are determined to move up, they will turn to shady things like cross league trading and RMT.
No, it's when a lot of people don't enjoy playing the game yet they feel compelled to anyway, either because they want to lie to their friends (acting as if they're into a hipster indie game when they're not), or to lie to themselves (as if there's anything past maps except more maps, so RMTing for map gear serves no purpose whatsoever because you're not skipping anything).

In real life, the problem isn't the same, because lots of people can't find work. That situation doesnt exist in PoE; everyone can farm/trade, at any time. If real life were like PoE, everyone would have a guaranteed job and unemployment would be zero. That doesn't mean everyone would work; some would choose to work less, some to work more, some none. The poor would still QQ but no fucks would be given.

But the core motivation is always the same: trying to "beat" an unbeatable game which the RMTer doesn't actually enjoy playing. Which makes it an addiction and a mental illness rather than sane behavior.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Jan 4, 2014, 7:05:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info