This policy is a reason why the game will always be rigged with RMT and illegal Crosstrades

"
"
Warmey wrote:
Interesting statements, but they lack backing. I don't see any supporting pack beneath your name so I question the validity on your statements.

When you've purchased a pack, I will review this again.

Wtf does that have to do with anything?

Absolutely nothing why he chose to write those words is beyond me.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
This is why people call me full blown daddy.
"FullyBlownDaddy"-FullBlownDaddy™
"FillBlownDaddy"-GGG
"FullBlownMommy"-Casual_Ascent
Finds everyone naked in the room... "Oh my... sorry... was just looking... carry on."
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
"
Free to play game, banning people directly can only have a moderate impact.

You know that players can be identified even they use a different account?
Why do you think there was a user creating threads getting banned using a bot 10 minutes and then recreating threads for bans after ban evasion.

"
Interesting statements, but they lack backing. I don't see any supporting pack beneath your name so I question the validity on your statements.

Because a tag proves anything.
I financially support content when I get stuff I like. The game developed in a direction a totally dislike and the execution of rules is such a thing I also dislike.
My signature is like this even before that incident.
This incident only provides a devmessage as evidence what I always suspected.
I never believed those:"We will review the incident and ban given player if..."

I ask you that way. Would you buy Diablo2 now(imagine updated graphics and a bigged playerbase)?
The state of D2 full of Cheaters and RMTers but it has 2 rules which disallow both.

"
you shouldnt repost deleted threads

Proper way would be closing with broken rule.
But it didn't break any rule it gave hints how to avoid getting caught but this repost doesn't even contain those so deleting the thread is not wanting any criticism.

The thread is solely about execution of own rules. And if they don't like criticism they should add a rule: No critism allowed.

I don't want to see names of players here or digging out the incident again it's only about taken action against rulebreakers.

"
Where do you draw the line with streamers though? doing it blatantly on stream and making everyone think it's okay to do.

It's not about streamers. My reports on RMTers don't even stream.
It will only create an illusion of special treatment on streamers for some users.

My reports were 100% RMT basically they gave evidence themselves.
I except that received a warning since they did a predictable action to go under the radar to get away undetected in future. I can describe what they did but I don't want to give a reason a more or less acceptable lock.
short of admission of guilt how could GGG prove someone was using RMT?

I do not think they have transaction logs of suspects recieving mirrors and large quantity of orbs with nothing in exchange.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
As long as it doesnt reach d2 level of corruption (where botting/duping/rmt was so prevalent that very few people actually cared about trading) it won't be a major issue.

Whether or not some other player is getting ahead using shady methods doesn't actually impact your own experience. Lets say that we are both playing super mario but I am using a gameshark to cheat. Should you care?

It may ruin group play (you feel pretty worthless when your team mates have triple your dps) but this sort of problem already exists without bots.

RMT/cross realm trading does have a huge impact on the economy however its very difficult to say if its enough to matter. If it isn't affecting the economy right now than it will in the future.

I've seen this game develop from closed beta today and I can verify that the bots are winning. There is more botting activity today than there used to be.

There isn't a lot GGG can do to fix botting. PoE was DESIGNED with low-risk grinding in mind and they went out of their way to give you many tools to do it: instant log out, cheap refills of flasks with portals, the ability to receive chaos/alch orb drops at any level range, very minor penalties for being overleveled etc.

Bots thrive on low-risk grinding.

"
Warmey wrote:

I have purchased supporter packs and chosen not to display titles. So what?
[edit] that was on my previous account, where I was regal supporter and never had anything showing. I have not made any purchases on this account.
Many lewt.
Much desync.
Such rewarding.
Wow.
According to forum mods "sandwich" is considered an offensive word. Who knew?
Last edited by Robert_Paulson on Jan 4, 2014, 1:33:43 AM
I was actually thinking about this earlier today. How could GGG possibly have a reasonable chance to police its game with the limited staff it has? I know there are electronic means like warden etc but man it's definitely an uphill battle for them.

Unless they give some players the power to police the game themselves I really don't know how they have a kitty cat's chance in hell to reduce rmt.

But then the only people who have a real incentive not to rmt are people like me who have given ggg like 500+ dollars and don't want to lose account specific microtransaction effects.

How do you limit the human desire to take the easiest path aka ~ cheat?
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
I was actually thinking about this earlier today. How could GGG possibly have a reasonable chance to police its game with the limited staff it has? I know there are electronic means like warden etc but man it's definitely an uphill battle for them.

Unless they give some players the power to police the game themselves I really don't know how they have a kitty cat's chance in hell to reduce rmt.

But then the only people who have a real incentive not to rmt are people like me who have given ggg like 500+ dollars and don't want to lose account specific microtransaction effects.

How do you limit the human desire to take the easiest path aka ~ cheat?

you can not fix stupid greedy people but you can sure as hell ban them.

at least some fear that you will be banned would go a long ways to deter rampant rmting but GGG just is not vocal about players they successful find and ban.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Regarding my RMT reports:
I gave a link from here where their fools gold account was identifiable.
The rule got active with OB and in CB users openly admitted RMT or even stated their account on the RMT board.
I found tradethreads of those accounts and logged the fools gold changes.
I included a current standing of their Fools Gold value.
The value changed daily and their threads were Items vs Fools Gold threads concluded with a "t4t".

So what's missing? I even got a first response if you got proof of RMT like that please continue to email support. I asked 2 weeks later why the account still isn't banned and got a standard response.
1 week later that user took an action to go under the radar(Why would he suddenly do it if he didn't receive a warning)

Another known example would be a high tier player getting named and shamed since Feb 2013 and got banned mid Nov 2013.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info