This policy is a reason why the game will always be rigged with RMT and illegal Crosstrades

"
syrioforel wrote:
"
bluefalcon74 wrote:
GGG might as well just allow RMT. I don't see the point in banning it. If someone wants to sell, and someone wants to buy, then what's the harm?

It effectively turns grinding for loot into a low-paying job. The underlying game might still be fun, but then every piece of loot that drops is now some dollar amount by virtue of the RMT market.

Every great piece of gear you hold onto is now an opportunity missed; it's money you could have made by selling it. You're paying (via opportunity cost) for the privilege of having it collect dust in your stash.

You've now tied the real-world economy to the game economy, and Wraeclast would be terrible place to work ;).

So what? If that's what someone chooses to do, then that's on them. I don't even trade, RMT doesn't affect my game in the slightest. I don't think the GGG devs are against RMT for the reasons you cited.

Regardless, RMT is already here, and people are undoubtedly feeling like you mentioned, so why not just "legalize" it and be done with it?

"
Why would anyone work for poe for 1.50 usd an hour when they could just rmt those delicious exalts.

Why would anyone RMT exalts for cash when they could get a real job and earn much much more money? As a money-making scheme it sucks balls. As a way to earn a couple bucks by doing what you already like to do, it makes more sense. So, again, why not just let people do it. Who or what is it really hurting.

I don't know how much money an exalt sells for, but it can't be nearly as proportional time-wise to working at McDonalds. An exalt drops like once every 100 hours? Andow much is someone really going to pay for that? Five dollars?
Since when is ignorance of a law/rule a viable defense? Honestly GGG I didn't know it was against the rules please look the other way...*sigh*

Honestly Judge, the car was unlocked I thought it was there for anyone to use.

Crafting doesn't exist in POE. Gambling does...and the house always wins.

Velocireptile - I LOL'ed. Which made me fart. I wish the office were empty right now :(

Hardlicker - I had to push the dog out of the way so I could get to the sexy quilt.
Last edited by ToxicRatt on Jan 4, 2014, 9:43:39 AM
This whole thread is idiotic and useless.

In essence you claim GGG doesn't care about their game. How about you go play more, and leave it to them to provide quality of service.

You can vote with your support money, and by looks of it you don't even value this company's effort to warrant any, making your rants here void and null in my eyes.
Thread can be closed. Case is solved on reddit. Nothing to see here anymore.
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
I am pleased with the punishment. It wasn't like he actually real money traded, so I don't think he deserves a permaban. His account was banned for the full remaining duration of the race, I think that is fair. Neon_GGG, however....I hope he got a good spanking in the office. How did he not even know the rules of his own game?
"
Hilbert wrote:
Repost because original posting got deleted without breaking a rule!
This is feedback about the action being taken.
I only removed descriptions how to avoid detection after being caught.

I am not letting myself getting censored without reason!
I got backups of the posting now and other users should do the same.

"
The players have been given a five day account suspension and a warning that it will be a ban next time. I am willing to believe they didn't know about the rule if it was literally done on stream.

This proves my point why RMT and illegal crosstrades will always be a problem in PoE.

I reported several RMTers and they never got banned.

There also is another incident where it needed 10months till a 100% RMTer got banned.

Players breaking the rule only receive a warning. In others words they will use ways to perform such actions under the radar in future.

And the chance of such users getting banned is quiet low.

This is just a halfhearted way to execute rules.
You can't avoid a ticket for speeding because you didn't know about a speedlimit for example.

Especially high ranked players know about gggtracker.

As long players don't need to fear a direct ban for breaking the rules more players will be motivated to break them.
Given bans always were players getting shamed for months here or on reddit.

And especially crosstrades allow secondhand RMTing.

Especially banning known players will prevent other players to breaking the rules.
A halfhearted execution of punishment will only result into the belief supporters and streamers receive treatment.

Just remember the D3 Gold Dupe in Diablo 3 which resulted in several streamers getting banned.

The point is, the guy who got suspended asked a dev before performing certain actions, and dev's reply was "I don't know if that's illegal or not".
Then Chris came and said it was illegal, and suspended the guy's account. But he couldn't ban him because the bad advice came from a dev.
So as i understand it he has a 5 day account suspension. I understand why, but the policy still troubles me and here is why.

Friend A : i found an insane weapon dude, do you need it *friend B*

Friend B : yeah why not, you want anything for it *friend A*?

Friend A : no it's okay, we traded before, you helped me out and i help you out this time.

Friend B : sweet bro, thanks a lot.

At this time *friend B* logs off, and enters another league.

Friend B wispers friend A : Hiy *friend A* i would like to buy a identifying scroll fragment from you for 4.5 exalts in this league, i am desperately out of ID fragments.

Friend A : well i cannot refuse such an offer, since it is a bartering system, you have every right to give me 4.5 exalts for one ID fragment.

I hope this little example shows why i have a problem with what happened. Basically if he bought a ID fragment for those 4.5 exalts it would not have been cross trading. Just 2 individual actions on different league's.

Where is the line? And how will they enforce such a rule that can be bypassed this easily, or will punish friends playing together?

Just a thought i had.

Opinions?

Clearly my example proves it was not a cross trade deal, since the deals ended individually in each league, so basically he just had to buy a ID scroll fragment for those 4.5 exalts and he would have bypassed the rule in question set by Chriss.

Very tin line imo.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
I agree that it shouldn't take months of RMT violations for a ban, but I disagree on enacting any immediate ban unless GGG knowa for certain that it is a willful violation. What "everyone knows" can turn out to be untrue.

I don't follow the streams or read most of the posts by the specific players involved, so I can't form a valid opinion on that.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
"
Nephalim wrote:
GGG does ban given irrefutable evidence.

Not true.

I used to provide auction screenshots with visible email adresses or IGN screenshots, connected those email adresses to players and provided further evidence. Nothing happened.
The moment when I gave up on detecting RMTers was when I asked if providing a bulletproof connection between an email adress and a certain RMT sale would help the GGG in any way (cross checking with account emails for example). I got a response that they cannot discuss the matter of accounts but they can check it out for me.

Holy shit, there I was thinking I'm doing something for them. After that I checked in from time to time on the profiles of the profiles I nailed, nothing was happening so I gave up.

I don't want to say how I did my investigations because all it would do is give heads up to RMTers on how to avoid detection. You know, just in case they had to actually worry about anything.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
"
"
Nephalim wrote:
GGG does ban given irrefutable evidence.

Not true.

I used to provide auction screenshots with visible email adresses or IGN screenshots, connected those email adresses to players and provided further evidence. Nothing happened.
The moment when I gave up on detecting RMTers was when I asked if providing a bulletproof connection between an email adress and a certain RMT sale would help the GGG in any way (cross checking with account emails for example). I got a response that they cannot discuss the matter of accounts but they can check it out for me.

Holy shit, there I was thinking I'm doing something for them. After that I checked in from time to time on the profiles of the profiles I nailed, nothing was happening so I gave up.

I don't want to say how I did my investigations because all it would do is give heads up to RMTers on how to avoid detection. You know, just in case they had to actually worry about anything.

snitches get stitches
IGN: NNQQ, Sporkay, Rands_

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info