This policy is a reason why the game will always be rigged with RMT and illegal Crosstrades

"
Whether or not some other player is getting ahead using shady methods doesn't actually impact your own experience.

In general, I fully agree with you.

In a race though, it kind of really does impact others though. That's a legit complaint.
"
syrioforel wrote:
"
bluefalcon74 wrote:
GGG might as well just allow RMT. I don't see the point in banning it. If someone wants to sell, and someone wants to buy, then what's the harm?

It effectively turns grinding for loot into a low-paying job. The underlying game might still be fun, but then every piece of loot that drops is now some dollar amount by virtue of the RMT market.

Every great piece of gear you hold onto is now an opportunity missed; it's money you could have made by selling it. You're paying (via opportunity cost) for the privilege of having it collect dust in your stash.

You've now tied the real-world economy to the game economy, and Wraeclast would be terrible place to work ;).

Why would anyone work for poe for 1.50 usd an hour when they could just rmt those delicious exalts.

part of the reason why d3 failed was because you could directly tie hourly time investment to a real world momentary gain.

"
The burden of proof in a game should be far lower than in real life. Instead of going by "beyond reasonable doubt" criteria, they should go by "suspended if high suspicious" and "until proven innocent".

I think the issue is that GGG does not want to cross that much needed line. Right now, unless you are incredibly naive or do something stupid like openly admit to rmting in game or god forbid on the forums then the chances of you getting banned for rmting is incredibly small. In the short term, GGG does not really gain anything by seeking out and banning offenders and with such a small team its hard to blame them.

however, if there is reasonable proof the first action should be far worse than a slap on the wrist.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
If nothing else, this policy adds insane fuel to the "GGG profits off RMT by selling orbs" conspiracy theories.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
"
Hilbert wrote:
They just should be banned and be kept out of the game like cheaters, that's all I want.

But dev posts like "We don't mind if you create a new account and continue RMT" are a punch in the face.

Might as well write. "We won't ban your main account if we catch your ALT botting even if you xfered botted currency on your main account"

With a stance like that they might as well remove the RMT mule and create a RMAH.

I know of a high Level Nemesis player who just got a warning, for selling Exalts to FG ;)
No need to even make a new Account it seems you can RMT to a certain Level and not get banned.
Or maybe it has to do with who that player is and who he plays with ? *tinfoil head*

The decision made in the drama yesterday is the right one though, i dont think a first offender in cross league trading needs a perma ban.
Last edited by Kamro on Jan 4, 2014, 8:20:12 AM
If large companies can't deal with this issue then how could a company run out of some guys garage deal with them?
"
Splift wrote:
If large companies can't deal with this issue then how could a company run out of some guys garage deal with them?

Take your own rules seriously ? and not just write and very stern email with a warning to RMT offenders ?
Last edited by Kamro on Jan 4, 2014, 8:23:49 AM
"
Splift wrote:
If large companies can't deal with this issue

how do you know they even tried?
where's the source of the quote OP posted?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim wrote:
(reddit link)

So many in reddit are being so ridiculous.

It is common sense for anyone who has played in real competitions, that having a fair competitive environment is extremely important.

People claiming that they didn't know and they can't be expected to know are being ridiculous. It is common sense that you shouldn't use your wealth outside of the race to buy advantages inside of the race.

This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Last edited by mazul on Jan 4, 2014, 8:53:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info