This policy is a reason why the game will always be rigged with RMT and illegal Crosstrades

"
Warmey wrote:
Interesting statements, but they lack backing. I don't see any supporting pack beneath your name so I question the validity on your statements.

When you've purchased a pack, I will review this again.

Oh

My

God

!!!!!

@OP, just another one of the many farces about this game.
Yes it was a pretty disgusting event from beginning to end. I think the end even more so.
Casually casual.

"
morbo wrote:
This rule is pointless, because it cant be enforced. Only streamers can possibly be caught in the act (if they are reckless enough to do it on stream), for everyone else there is plausible deniability, even if GGG has logs showing "suspicious activity".

What seems like a cross-trade, can be just two "bro-deals" among friends or guild members.

Exactly.

There's nothing that prevents me from 'letting you use' my Marohi in the one week and then a week later, you 'lending' me 5 exalts in Nemesis. It's absolutely impossible to enforce and banning people for being caught doing this just makes it so the actual cheaters that do this in bulk corner the market.
For them to up the ante on RMT they have to put something like the warden in the game, track trading/chat logs and crusade the shit verses RMT websites and places people go to RMT as well as have a team just to look for them and pose as players or fake RMT people.

And of course alot of possible innocent people might be banned, but that's the risk you take upping the ante.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Jan 5, 2014, 3:21:47 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I also would like to clarify: just because it's insane to RMT doesn't mean it doesn't happen. That's be like saying people don't get addicted to crack. I believe that GGG has the best of intents here (regardless of results) and is trying to make a quality game and not a Skinner box, that the aim is fun and not addiction, that the addiction of some is a side effect not a primary effect.

For RMT buyers, strong enforcement is more than just hurting RMT sellers by taking away their (repeat) business; it's also shows mercy on the RMT buyer, allowing them to escape their mental illness by no longer enabling them. I'm not saying I justify mental illness because I don't, and I believe those with issues need to be fully accountable for their actions, but given my personal history (I've been insane myself) I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't empathize. If you are no longer enjoying the game, stop torturing yourself and get out.

I think you are missing point a bit with the mental illness here. People are using RMT as they know the enjoyement they will get from the game will increase through this shorcut. It's essentially time vs real life resources issue, and with the state PoE is, I will always understand why someone goes for RMT. They are not playing the game they hate or dislike - they like the game, they just want to get to the good part more quickly.

Me, I quit playing after hitting a wall of not progressing over lvl 72 maps and not getting any good drops. I could have RMT and decked myself with good gear and probably started enjoying game again, doing lvl 72+ maps. But I didn't, I just quit and I'm now playing some other games.

Also, not everyone in PoE has the same chance, to get back to your comparison with real life. Some just can't get pass lvl 70-72 maps, just due to RNG in this game. As much as I played, I couldn't get to the point where I'm able to experience content that other players had.

BUt I will say, GGG needs to either step up on the RMT policies or not mention it again. I find Chris symphaty for the streamers especially detrimental to the state of RMT scene in PoE.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
Last edited by Odoakar on Jan 5, 2014, 4:09:01 AM
I think crosstrade banning is a silly policy, but I'm satisfied with the way GGG enforced it.

A difference from real-world analogies is that GGG is judge, jury, and executioner. It's good they show some restraint and don't jump straight to execution every time.

There is no division of powers. GGG is a tyranny with all the powers of enforcement, judgment, and even legislation. I just hope they remain a benevolent tyrant.
"
I think you are missing point a bit with the mental illness here. People are using RMT as they know the enjoyement they will get from the game will increase through this shorcut. It's essentially time vs real life resources issue, and with the state PoE is, I will always understand why someone goes for RMT. They are not playing the game they hate or dislike - they like the game, they just want to get to the good part more quickly.

The reason why most people RMT is because it will always be more efficient.

Go ahead and "farm" an Exalted, check the prices for one and you will see that if you get a job (assuming youre a student and dont already have one) you will always have to invest way less time to get what you desire. To RMT basically means to safe time, the only resource that isnt replaceable. Personally I understand why people do it, efficiency is everything and if they cant find enjoyment in farming why would they do it?

OP basically confirmed what I expected. He doesnt have any legit proof of RMT happening. He simply saw or heard a streamer say XXX, which isnt automatically a punishable action as long as he doesnt hand over the money on stream to receive ingame items. And as long as someone isnt that stupid you will never end up having proof, you will never be 100% sure which makes it pretty hard for GGG to enforce anything.

Are you really going to ban a guy who has spend hundreds of dollars on the game already, even though youre not completely sure whether or not he RMTed? I doubt it.
"
Warmey wrote:
Interesting statements, but they lack backing. I don't see any supporting pack beneath your name so I question the validity on your statements.

When you've purchased a pack, I will review this again.

I'm so full of this bullshit man. Not every supporter likes to show off. I've read this statement several times already in other topics, so I wanna finally show you the sad truth...

I am (and so many others like me) a supporter at all effects, even though I don't have any bullshit under my name in forums...

Last edited by Prosciutto on Jan 5, 2014, 10:35:29 AM
"
Odoakar wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I also would like to clarify: just because it's insane to RMT doesn't mean it doesn't happen. That's be like saying people don't get addicted to crack. I believe that GGG has the best of intents here (regardless of results) and is trying to make a quality game and not a Skinner box, that the aim is fun and not addiction, that the addiction of some is a side effect not a primary effect.

For RMT buyers, strong enforcement is more than just hurting RMT sellers by taking away their (repeat) business; it's also shows mercy on the RMT buyer, allowing them to escape their mental illness by no longer enabling them. I'm not saying I justify mental illness because I don't, and I believe those with issues need to be fully accountable for their actions, but given my personal history (I've been insane myself) I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't empathize. If you are no longer enjoying the game, stop torturing yourself and get out.

That's only sane if there is a "good part" to fast forward to. As far as endgame PvE goes, that simply isn't true. (The only somewhat rational argument I can imagine is PvP.) Further, I think everyone involved knows this, deep down, that the grass isn't greener... so the question becomes, why are they lying to themselves? Why self-deception?
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
That's only sane if there is a "good part" to fast forward to. As far as endgame PvE goes, that simply isn't true.

"Look at me I state an opinion and pretend that it is an argument"
"
nynyny wrote:
OP basically confirmed what I expected. He doesnt have any legit proof of RMT happening. He simply saw or heard a streamer say XXX, which isnt automatically a punishable action as long as he doesnt hand over the money on stream to receive ingame items. And as long as someone isnt that stupid you will never end up having proof, you will never be 100% sure which makes it pretty hard for GGG to enforce anything.

Are you really going to ban a guy who has spend hundreds of dollars on the game already, even though youre not completely sure whether or not he RMTed? I doubt it.
I would. This isn't a criminal court, we aren't putting anyone in prison. We need to get rid of this "100% proof" concept and instead operate according to the preponderance of evidence — in other words, the standard used by most civil courts throughout the civilized world.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info