This policy is a reason why the game will always be rigged with RMT and illegal Crosstrades

"
Fruz wrote:
"
allbusiness wrote:
Then you're going to have to deal with RMT

I'm not really dealing with anything like that tbh, people live their lives, play their chars, and I play mine, period.
Yes this will have some impact on the global economy, but not a meaningfull enough one that will keep me from getting one or two items when I need it ( on a non self found char of course ).
I will never really understand why people feel this need to compare permanently themselve to others I guess ....

Most people don't feel the "need" to compare themselves to other people. They just want to be able to acquire the stuff that makes them feel like they've accomplished their builds. When they can't find that kind of stuff and need to trade for them, they get frustrated when they feel like it's too big a hill to climb.

I've climbed the hill before. If you manage to break through, it feels great. If not, you feel like you're constantly in a losing position and waiting for a big breakthrough. There's no steady progression curve at endgame, in large part because going from a 5l to 6l is like a massive quantum leap (in both gem/build versatility and item cost/value) rather than an incremental path of progression.
Top rares where going for 150 exalts LAST WEEK now they are going for 500+ this week!!!!!!!!!!!

There is only one way that can happen and it begins with a D and was the death of D2.

REALLY GGG YOU NEED TO ADDRESS THIS.
"Blue warrior shot the food"
Last edited by maxor on Jan 6, 2014, 7:27:58 PM
It's not only enforcement on RMT and Crosstrades.

It's also enforcement on maphack for example.

There are 2 known cases where somebody uses maphack on a stream.

One received a warning on stream, the other did several races with maphack and still isn't banned.

And yes they got reported and received reddit threads.
"
Hilbert wrote:
It's not only enforcement on RMT and Crosstrades.

It's also enforcement on maphack for example.

There are 2 known cases where somebody uses maphack on a stream.

One received a warning on stream, the other did several races with maphack and still isn't banned.

And yes they got reported and received reddit threads.

When people provide evidence of their own crime, and GGG does nothing about it, I'm not sure who is stupider? The guy who advertises that he cheats, or the company that doesn't enforce their own rules.
Many lewt.
Much desync.
Such rewarding.
Wow.
According to forum mods "sandwich" is considered an offensive word. Who knew?
"
allbusiness wrote:
Did you even read what I just posted?

RMT is basically worthless in games like WoW.

Except they still have RMT.
And it's exceptionally pointless to RMT in a one-week race, but people are doing it anyway.
That was my point and you missed it.

"
allbusiness wrote:
The problem is that you and Hilbert are just simply trying to circumvent the real issue.

The "problem" is that we don't feel the need to blame victims or give justification for asshole metagaming. There is no situation in which RMT is acceptable when the people who own the servers say that it is not acceptable.

The one and only thing GGG needs to do is actually enforce the rules that they've created. When they let people get away with it publicly, the cost is perceived to decrease and the reward-to-cost ratio of cheating increases.
"

Precisely, the game is designed in such a way that it encourages RMT

So in other words, GGG and the players have to deal with it and its consequences. If GGG wanted RMT to be less of a consequence, they should have made the game less trade/economy reliant

But... they did. Can you imagine this game with gold? Bam, RMT is a thousand times easier.

You should honestly read their developer diaries from in beta, they made a lot of RMT-conscious decisions.

http://pathofexile.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Developer_Diaries

The issue is you can't kill RMT. You'll never be able to kill it, you can just reduce it.

Also, "RMT is basically worthless in games like WoW," confuses the hell out of me, because RMT is THE MOST RAMPANT in WoW. In-fact RMT in WOW is so fucking bad, it's the reason RMT is as large as it is today - WoW is the carcass RMT business got fat off of. RMT is fucking stupid, it doesn't matter what game it's in.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
"
anubite wrote:
"

Precisely, the game is designed in such a way that it encourages RMT

So in other words, GGG and the players have to deal with it and its consequences. If GGG wanted RMT to be less of a consequence, they should have made the game less trade/economy reliant

But... they did. Can you imagine this game with gold? Bam, RMT is a thousand times easier.

You should honestly read their developer diaries from in beta, they made a lot of RMT-conscious decisions.

http://pathofexile.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Developer_Diaries

The issue is you can't kill RMT. You'll never be able to kill it, you can just reduce it.

Also, "RMT is basically worthless in games like WoW," confuses the hell out of me, because RMT is THE MOST RAMPANT in WoW. In-fact RMT in WOW is so fucking bad, it's the reason RMT is as large as it is today - WoW is the carcass RMT business got fat off of. RMT is fucking stupid, it doesn't matter what game it's in.

The amount of RMTing going on in WoW compared to the number of players that actually play it legit is absolutely minuscule.
"

The amount of RMTing going on in WoW compared to the number of players that actually play it legit is absolutely minuscule.

Where do you get your facts on this? You're absolutely nuts. There's no way that's true and you know it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_economy

There's a blood wikipedia article on it, it's so rampant. WoW is practically what started this mess -- no, it is. You're out of your goddamned mind. Even today, it is the largest source of money for RMT. Every RMT business has a WoW venue. How could they not - it has 10~ million active players. Easily, every 12 year old and his brother buys gold from some east-Asian farmer corporation.

Blizzard doesn't punish for it.
Prices and the economy are fucking inflated as hell by it (so you have to commit RMT to be competitive).
The game is gated by gear, if you don't have good gear, you can't fucking do dungeons. Let's not forget, probably 5% (or more, who really knows) of all level 90's probably bought their fuckin' character from somebody off Ebay or some shit.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Last edited by anubite on Jan 6, 2014, 11:12:28 PM
This thread is intended on enforcement of GGGs own rules than RMT in WoW :(
"
anubite wrote:
"

Where do you get your facts on this? You're absolutely nuts. There's no way that's true and you know it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_economy

There's a blood wikipedia article on it, it's so rampant. WoW is practically what started this mess -- no, it is. You're out of your goddamned mind. Even today, it is the largest source of money for RMT. Every RMT business has a WoW venue. How could they not - it has 10~ million active players. Easily, every 12 year old and his brother buys gold from some east-Asian farmer corporation.

Blizzard doesn't punish for it.
Prices and the economy are fucking inflated as hell by it (so you have to commit RMT to be competitive).
The game is gated by gear, if you don't have good gear, you can't fucking do dungeons. Let's not forget, probably 5% (or more, who really knows) of all level 90's probably bought their fuckin' character from somebody off Ebay or some shit.

You really make alpha testers look bad with statements like this.

1) Hardly anyone RMTs in WoW because you can get close to top end gear by playing 2-3 hours a day for a month; if you want the elite level gear you have to play more, but its certainly feasible.

2) The game is gated by gear? Do you even play WoW? Lmao. WoW is a complete joke now, it's easy to get decent gear. It's why no one ever RMTs except people who are absurdly lazy.

3)The reason why RMT seems so big is because WoW is big itself. RMT isn't rampant in WoW as it is in Path of Exile where literally every top player RMTs in some form or fashion (either they are an associate with a RMT player who they benefit from, or they engage in RMT). Hilbert can attest to this, as can I. If you're at the top, your group likely has at least one guy RMTing in some form or fashion.

4) WoW not punishing RMT is hilarious, especially considering Blizzard is probably the only company I know that actively peruses botting companies even when they are not in the U.S. Blizzard forced Paypal (read that again, they forced Paypal) to close dozens of gold seller accounts because they were saying that the gold being sold was intellectual property.

RMT used to be rampant in WoW when it was an actually sorta hardcore MMO where you had to grind just to get to the max level. RMT now only exists for convenience, and the vast majority of the population simply plays the game because its actually fun to play. Compared to the tens of millions that play WoW, only a fraction of that actually RMTs (probably less than 5% of that engages in RMT).

Also, to say that RMT got started by WoW is fucking hilarious. Literally. Hilarious. It may have been the first mainstream game to popularize RMT (outside of Diablo 2 and Everquest), but RMT has been going on since the days of fucking Meridian 59.
Last edited by allbusiness on Jan 7, 2014, 12:40:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info