This policy is a reason why the game will always be rigged with RMT and illegal Crosstrades

The problem is, those risk variable aren't all that unknown to people who put a minimal amount of effort into research. As OP highlighted, off-site discussion boards are filled with people talking about how they're getting warned but not banned.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
"
Did you provide proof of them RMT-ing? If proof was provided I reckon GGG would have taken appropriate action.

Of course I did.

Read the other posting but that's what you get if you RMT here:

RMTboard-> /topic.php?t=67080324&f=160&o=0

Looks like a standard warning.

So why having a ban policy if the most recent incident clearly shows there is no banning?

"
If that is the only form of proof then rmt might as well be legalized before very few rmters would ever be caught and banned.

There are even enough stupid RMTers or RMTers exposed themselves in CB.
Not a single one of them is banned!

The support always answers: "We will ban them" in standard mail.

I can dig out a thread which shamed a recently banned player and another player for RMTing.
It took almost 10 months to get a high tier player + streamer banned.
Imagine how much effort it needed and that player didn't even took much effort to hide it and had open conversations about RMT.

Warning RMT and Crosstrade Rulebreakers is a common procedure and that must end.

Chris reddit quote:
"
In general when people are banned (or suspended), we don't have a problem with them making a new account because any advantage they got from the activity is locked into their inactive account. I'm okay with you participating in this race under a new account while the other one is suspended.

Forgot what I said about banned players......
Posts like that only motivate players to RMT even more.....

Damn I want user code leagues with self regulation even more...

Last edited by Hilbert on Jan 4, 2014, 4:03:34 AM
Sheesh, it looks like some of you wont be content unless the RMT'ers house is bombed by a drone or something.

They just should be banned and be kept out of the game like cheaters, that's all I want.

But dev posts like "We don't mind if you create a new account and continue RMT" are a punch in the face.

Might as well write. "We won't ban your main account if we catch your ALT botting even if you xfered botted currency on your main account"

With a stance like that they might as well remove the RMT mule and create a RMAH.
"
Nephalim wrote:
short of admission of guilt how could GGG prove someone was using RMT?

I do not think they have transaction logs of suspects recieving mirrors and large quantity of orbs with nothing in exchange.

The burden of proof in a game should be far lower than in real life. Instead of going by "beyond reasonable doubt" criteria, they should go by "suspended if high suspicious" and "until proven innocent".

If a player looks fishy, it should be the burden of the player to explain all his fishy transactions.
----

As for what GGG did with the streamer whose fate caused this thread: I expected 0 punishment, so Chris did indeed surpass my expectations and I am glad that he did. Restores my faith a little by little :).
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
Charja wrote:
Free to play game, banning people directly can only have a moderate impact.

It has a huge impact, if you ban streamers that advertise your game. Not on RMT ofc, but on the longevity of the game :P
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
As for what GGG did with the streamer whose fate caused this thread:

Wrong the dev posting is the reason not the incident.
Even they admitted they knew about it he wouldn't be banned.
And I am certain that users watching the streams can prove that those players knew about it.

If I created a thread without a proof from a dev showing the Warn instead of Banpolicy it would be exhibited as a lie and a support member will write the same thing in a mail. "We ban players RMTing"

My Sig includes the disappointment of this Warnpolicy.

And the reddit posting even shows more disappointment.

The actions taken on RMT and illegal crosstrades are pretty much the same.

And FYI my goal isn't to get both players banned. It's to get a change of policy and finally players banned and prevent further creations instead of warning and allow further creations.

But the reddit post only shows a disappointing development and I heavily believe a user regulated enforcement in usercode leagues will do a better job.
Last edited by Hilbert on Jan 4, 2014, 4:46:46 AM
Now now Hilbert,we all smelt this coming since closed beta.(like a silent fart that eventually reveals itself by the stench)

A competitive game on closed servers with *mates rates* is no better than a peer to peer game boasting a ladder. lol

But whatever amuses the masses is fine with me.

GGG might as well just allow RMT. I don't see the point in banning it. If someone wants to sell, and someone wants to buy, then what's the harm?
"
bluefalcon74 wrote:
GGG might as well just allow RMT. I don't see the point in banning it. If someone wants to sell, and someone wants to buy, then what's the harm?

It effectively turns grinding for loot into a low-paying job. The underlying game might still be fun, but then every piece of loot that drops is now some dollar amount by virtue of the RMT market.

Every great piece of gear you hold onto is now an opportunity missed; it's money you could have made by selling it. You're paying (via opportunity cost) for the privilege of having it collect dust in your stash.

You've now tied the real-world economy to the game economy, and Wraeclast would be terrible place to work ;).
IGN: SplitEpimorphism

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info