This policy is a reason why the game will always be rigged with RMT and illegal Crosstrades

PoE: The game where devs misinform players then suspend them for listening.
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
But then the only people who have a real incentive not to rmt are people like me who have given ggg like 500+ dollars and don't want to lose account specific microtransaction effects.
100% guaranteed that many big supporters have and are still RMTing.

Its actually fairly easy to catch a great deal of RMTers. Not all obviously, but a large number of them. It doesn't take much effort either. Considering how hardcore against it Chris claims to be, I find it odd that its still as strong in this game as it is, and its extremely strong and still growing.

I don't think people really realize how bad it is. If they had a magical button that would automatically ban every single account that has ever RMTed and every one of those people stopped playing, this game would take a devastating hit in playerbase.
"
Nephalim wrote:
at least some fear that you will be banned would go a long ways to deter rampant rmting but GGG just is not vocal about players they successful find and ban.
Are you not aware that people who are banned are able to make another account and keep playing?
"
Forum Guidelines
Players should not make posts that:
E) Contain references to illegal activity
For example: explicit drug references, discussion or the planning of real world criminal activity, discussion or the planning of prohibited in-game activity such as the use of real world trading or prohibited software.
If you think the thread should be closed, then just report it. Do you really need to see your posts on the forum so bad that you would add to threads that you think shouldn't exist? Thats kind of sad.
"
If you think the thread should be closed, then just report it. Do you really need to see your posts on the forum so bad that you would add to threads that you think shouldn't exist? Thats kind of sad.

Well that got downright nasty at light speed.
IGN: SplitEpimorphism
"
syrioforel wrote:
"

Well that got downright nasty at light speed.

Well deserved, guy has just been trolling nonstop.
"FullyBlownDaddy"-FullBlownDaddy™
"FillBlownDaddy"-GGG
"FullBlownMommy"-Casual_Ascent
Last edited by FullBlownDaddy on Jan 4, 2014, 2:04:40 AM
"
Are you not aware that people who are banned are able to make another account and keep playing?

I am fully aware and I welcome them back with open arms so they can either
1) repent and play legitimately

or

2) get caught again and lose several hundred dollars worth of real money.

It would be fantastic if GGG somehow profited off of bannings as it would be a great motivator to devote more resources.

"

I don't think people really realize how bad it is. If they had a magical button that would automatically ban every single account that has ever RMTed and every one of those people stopped playing, this game would take a devastating hit in playerbase.

Im curious to know how 'bad' it really is and how you know people are actually rmting other than having an incredible amount of currency or gear with little play time and no trade activity.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim wrote:
Im curious to know how 'bad' it really is and how you know people are actually rmting other than having an incredible amount of currency or gear with little play time and no trade activity.
Theres many well known sites where it takes place. PoE activity has exploded over time. It also appears to be much worse for this game then most any other F2Ps, I assume because of how punishing things like crafting are.
Here is a thought how about you just play the game and not worry about about it?

Back to the game lol
"
"
Nephalim wrote:
Theres many well known sites where it takes place. PoE activity has exploded over time. It also appears to be much worse for this game then most any other F2Ps, I assume because of how punishing things like crafting are.

You know I'm sure many people feel they get driven to rmt due to various ways the game gets surprisingly more and more difficult as the game progresses. Maybe it would help to some extent if GGG was more transparent about how hard the game gets/how difficult GGG wants their game to be or how it may be better for the player to start a new character/reroll, get better at playing, building characters, learning more about game mechanics etc rather than rmt.

Maybe doing more 'build of the week' or perhaps some tutorial videos of various mechanics that might not be obvious like maps and their mods or how various damages work to help the player anticipate challenges rather than running into a feeling of getting stuck and then perhaps feeling inclined to rmt.
I don't get the arguments about how this doesn't affect other players. That's like saying financial market corruption has no effect on your daily life. That's not how it works, you're just ignorant.

The game has competitive and economic aspects that are, shockingly, promoted and used in every second argument about anything in the game. Trading, partying, races?

More often than not, people don't like what hilbert says, more often than not, he's right.

I honestly can't really guess about the extent of RMT and other dodgy shit in the game, but it's present, no doubt.
Action taken seems appropriate to me, tbh. Didn't think they were going to do anything.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
"
I don't get the arguments about how this doesn't affect other players. That's like saying financial market corruption has no effect on your daily life. That's not how it works, you're just ignorant.

The game has competitive and economic aspects that are, shockingly, promoted and used in every second argument about anything in the game. Trading, partying, races?

More often than not, people don't like what hilbert says, more often than not, he's right.

I dont think anyone here is arguing about the tremendous impact of rmt on the economy as evident by the fact uniques cost upwards of 150 exalts and mirror fees as high as 70 exalts. Granted, people do not need these end game items to play but for someone who is not already rich, it is an almost insurmountable task to accumulate enough currency to buy a single key unique or rare.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info