evasion v armor

Evasion would be worthless if not for the existence of ondars and acrobatics.

Even then ir+us is still generally more reliable for most builds.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim wrote:

For melee builds.

You just recently looked after how evasion works (after lvl 100?O.o) as i seen by your recent forum posts, thus, we all know that you didn't even try to make it work.
"
IriZe wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

For melee builds.

You just recently looked after how evasion works (after lvl 100?O.o) as i seen by your recent forum posts, thus, we all know that you didn't even try to make it work.

Actually I have made it work on a level 95 character but it was through reliance of acrobatics and ondars.
Last edited by Nephalim on Jan 1, 2014, 11:56:03 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
IriZe wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

For melee builds.

Actually I have made it work but it was through reliance of acrobatics and ondars.

You just failed it.
Acrobatics isn't that important by the way. You may pick it up, but evasion works without that too.
Odnar's guile is yes, a very important keystone, but that's like saying armor is only good because you have armor% nodes on the skill tree.
If we made it to 80, and my friend to 85 with evasion without deaths, it shows that it can work, and it worked quite very well. You just have no idea how to get physical damage reduction from other sources.

Oh, and saying, "made it work on a lvl xy character in standard" means nothing, where death is "whatever", and if you fuck up something, you can just fix it after several deaths, and keep going.
Last edited by IriZe on Jan 2, 2014, 12:05:50 AM
"
IriZe wrote:

You just failed it.
Acrobatics isn't that important by the way. You may pick it up, but evasion works without that too.
Odnar's guile is yes, a very important keystone, but that's like saying armor is only good because you have armor% nodes on the skill tree.
If we made it to 80, and my friend to 85 with evasion without deaths, it shows that it can work, and it worked quite very well. You just have no idea how to get physical damage reduction from other sources.

Oh, and saying, "made it work on a lvl xy character in standard" means nothing, where death is "whatever", and if you fuck up something, you can just fix it after several deaths, and keep going.

Evasion can work without acrobatics, but by not going acrobatics, you are also opting out phase acrobatics. There is only so much that an evasion can do on its own. Every time you evade, you use up the entropy value, and have to wait about 6 seconds before trying to an attempt another chance to evade.

You can get away with all of this if you avoid merc Dominus, and bosses with EK. Most players in hardcore opt-out a lot of maps because of the risk of dying. It all takes one slip up pretty much RIP. Armor alone cannot do anything, and SAME goes with Evasion.

Try tackling the toughest maps with the toughest mods with your friend, and see if you can get away it.

Ondar's Guile, Acrobatics (phase as well), and other status avoidance are equally important. Evasion synergies well with them, be it melee or range character.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
IriZe wrote:

You just failed it.

Evasion can work without acrobatics, but by not going acrobatics, you are also opting out phase acrobatics. There is only so much that an evasion can do on its own. Every time you evade, you use up the entropy value, and have to wait about 6 seconds before trying to an attempt another chance to evade.

You can get away with all of this if you avoid merc Dominus, and bosses with EK. Most players in hardcore opt-out a lot of maps because of the risk of dying. It all takes one slip up pretty much RIP. Armor alone cannot do anything, and SAME goes with Evasion.

Try tackling the toughest maps with the toughest mods with your friend, and see if you can get away it.

Ondar's Guile, Acrobatics (phase as well), and other status avoidance are equally important. Evasion synergies well with them, be it melee or range character.

I know how it works, and i meant, acrobatics is the least you should take. I planned to use acrobatics, and was the next thing i was going for, but until level 80-85, for 70-72 maps it wasnt important.

And, by not important, i meant that i'd rush health and other important keystones before going acrobatics, because for several levels, you may not want to criple your damage reduction or energy shield by it.

Hey, it's this thread again.
IGN: SplitEpimorphism
"
IriZe wrote:

I know how it works, and i meant, acrobatics is the least you should take. I planned to use acrobatics, and was the next thing i was going for, but until level 80-85, for 70-72 maps it wasnt important.

And, by not important, i meant that i'd rush health and other important keystones before going acrobatics, because for several levels, you may not want to criple your damage reduction or energy shield by it.

The thing is about pure evasion builds, damage reduction and energy shield are the last thing on your mind. What I mentioned + life nodes is all matters from the defense. Unless you have 5k+ armor and 1.5k+ ES, do not even bother. My ranged character barely had any damage reduction and a non-existent ES, so I was actually better of getting acrobatics when I was in the early 60s, and now I am in the 80s doing very well in maps, and even tackling maps that has EK bosses.

It all depends on the build, but if you are pure evasion, forget DR and ES.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Jan 2, 2014, 12:43:26 AM
"
IriZe wrote:

You just failed it.

Your elitism and is only overshadowed by your tactlessness.

A build's defensive viability is not instantly dismissed just because its on softcore. Death count can be kept arbitrarily low or zero if you practice hasty alt-f4 in addition to skipping every boss (And map) that poses even a slight chance of death or in the most extreme cases - programs that log you as soon as the life globe hits a certain point.

As an example, I could have just easily dismissed your level 85 hc characters as nothing more than a crude path of lifenodes/eva nodes build that stacked every defensive mechanism possible including every possible enduring charge but I didnt.
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
IriZe wrote:

You just failed it.

Your elitism and is only overshadowed by your tactlessness.

A build's defensive viability is not instantly dismissed just because its on softcore. Death count can be kept arbitrarily low or zero if you practice hasty alt-f4 in addition to skipping every boss (And map) that poses even a slight chance of death or in the most extreme cases - programs that log you as soon as the life globe hits a certain point.

As an example, I could have just easily dismissed your level 85 hc characters as nothing more than a crude path of lifenodes/eva nodes build that stacked every defensive mechanism possible including every possible enduring charge but I didnt.

Calling that attitude "elitism" is giving it far more respect than it deserves.
IGN: SplitEpimorphism

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info