evasion v armor

Noone said something else, i was talking about ev w/o Dodge not w/o OG
I recently removed IR node. Had 57% damage reduction. Now I have 45% but have 55% EV as well. It seems better this way as I have lots of EV scion nodes and my gear is AR/EV.
I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!
"
gathor wrote:
I recently removed IR node. Had 57% damage reduction. Now I have 45% but have 55% EV as well. It seems better this way as I have lots of EV scion nodes and my gear is AR/EV.

Ofc with ar/ev gear its better to NOT run ir.

You decrease your Avoidance by a shit load of amount with IR.
Yeah, I swapped my twink armor, gloves and helmet for much better gear and forced my brain to rethink the IR viability. It seems like it succeeded, heh.
I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!
"
gathor wrote:

Seems like you had way too little armor + evasion XD. Furthermore, IR should be played with endurance charges.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
Noone said something else, i was talking about ev w/o Dodge not w/o OG

When you replied to me you were replying to my post about Evasion needing either Iron Reflexes or Ondar's Guille to be viable.

I never mentioned Dodge.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
Evasion + AA > Armor + whatever you want.

AA alone brings Evasion decent enough damage reduction to greatly diminishes its weakness.
No way you can get Armor reduce elemental damage (apart from Fire through AA once more)
Last edited by Iyacthu on Jan 1, 2014, 8:46:00 AM
"
gathor wrote:

How do you check this %? Im new in this game, i dont get a lot yet
"
mazul wrote:
"
"
mazul wrote:
(...)

Wrong.

Evasion = Only viable if you use ondar's guille or Iron Reflexes.

Armor = better in all other cases

Dat Bullshit... Eva with ot w/o Dodge is still viable and good.
But ofc, when u dont pick a single HP node on your way, then there is no wonder u get 1 shotted.

And Armor helps a shit, cuze hard hitter migate your armor with such a big amount, that it feels like you run around with nearly 0 armor.

But better spread the shit, that eva is useless as fuck w/o iron reflex. loled

There is a difference between "viable" and useless :P. Evasion is viable if you go either ondar's guille or iron reflexes.

The thing with iron reflexes is: determination + grace + endurance charges + hybrid evade/armor gear + jade flask + granite flask yields so insane physical reduction.

Sure you won't be able to tank maze vaal hits, but that's it XD.

Ondar's Guille roflstomps every projectile attack and even makes you evade the grand majority of your own reflected projectile attacks.

Evasion without Iron Reflexes and without Ondar's Guille is meh.

I'm 80 right now and run EVA w/o guile, and have no problems with anything really. LL makes up for the short fall, as does decent dps.

A large portion of this game revolves are playing it correctly. If you wish to stand still and get smashed, then you going to have a problem either way.
"
Aetherium wrote:
"
"
pajomk wrote:
Can somebody explain me, why and when should I take Iron Reflexes node i passive tree?
I dont get idea when better is evasion and when better is armor....

Evasion > Hard slow hard hitters
Armor > many "tiny" hits

thats a bad explanation if you have low hp, even versus hard hitters armour is the only way to go (sure it will reduce damage by very low amount but it will let you not to get 1 shotted), evasion overall gives you much better damage mitigation than armour(due to the fact that you mitigate elemental attack damage too), however the major flaw of evasion is that bleeds are very dangerous and if you dont pay attention you can die in a couple of second when puncture monster crits, best idea would be to take iron reflexes as soon as you can, elemental damage doesnt give all that much of a trouble until late game, by the time you reach it you will probably have enough experience to decide which mitigation methode to choose :)

How possibly could you make it to lvl 89 in hc without knowing what "removes bleeding" means on flasks?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info