Serious question: What would you do with 3000+ exalts?[VOD update]

"
thorondir_42 wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:
here's my take on this:

warning: RAGE

one guy holding the Exalted Orbs of the entire PoE Standard League community.

seems right, GGG. working as intended.
great drop-rate and economy design.

if he RMTed his way to such absolutely mind-boggling fortune - you should ban him.
if he didn't - you should fucking ban yourselves.

I'm sorry.
I NEVER, EVER attacked you guys directly in any of my ~1.5k posts - but s**t just hit the fan.
this is absolutely ridiculous, and you should hold an urgent staff meeting, and figure out what went wrong.

I am pretty sure he did not RMT them .. the people who do RMT buy them because they want to buy some other stuff with them - or to use them for crafting, but not to have them laying around.

This is btw nothing special. In any (multiplayer) game (with a market) players will play the market and amass huge amounts of wealth doing so - more than 99.9% of the other players. You have to life with it or start playing Single Player games.

EDIT: join random groups (best with perm alocation) and drop them after a boss/rare dies and watch the discussion :)

Not everyone is a masochist, willing to lose everything, to a moment of desync with dogs w/ multiple projectiles and attacks faster.
"hardcore" is a optional mode that the game isn't balanced around in the first place. The drops are horrible without tons of IR, why the hell would I want to grind for 10's of hours and then lose it all?
You WILL die. It's a inevitable fact. Have fun with that though.
"
Hows that economy working out for you GGG? F**king idiots.

Hahaha, oh god please don't be trolling, your stupidity along with many others in this thread is source for much amusement for me! You go OP, you go man!
"
BackwoodsS wrote:
"

Hahaha, oh god please don't be trolling, your stupidity along with many others in this thread is source for much amusement for me! You go OP, you go man!

Wut?
he's right though. If the OP really does have 3000 exalts, GGG failed hard.
"

I have, I do, and I will. Thanks.

Ever noticed that it is mostly softcore players that complain the game is broke? Imagine how happy us HC players would be if GGG ever bothered to "balance" HC.

I don't always respond to pointless posts, but when I do, I troll.
@ GGG. WTF is this?

Is this the "fairness" of RNG?

Is this a "balanced" solo vs group play?

Is this a result of a no auction house?
Ask charan how many kiwis he'd be willing to save for 3000 exalts.
"
"
BackwoodsS wrote:
"

Wut?
he's right though. If the OP really does have 3000 exalts, GGG failed hard.

Yes, being successful can not be tolerated.

OP, please teach me how to be successful. Wait, what am I talking about. Burn him! He's witch! He turned me into a newt!
"
"
thorondir_42 wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:
here's my take on this:

warning: RAGE

one guy holding the Exalted Orbs of the entire PoE Standard League community.

seems right, GGG. working as intended.
great drop-rate and economy design.

if he RMTed his way to such absolutely mind-boggling fortune - you should ban him.
if he didn't - you should fucking ban yourselves.

I'm sorry.
I NEVER, EVER attacked you guys directly in any of my ~1.5k posts - but s**t just hit the fan.
this is absolutely ridiculous, and you should hold an urgent staff meeting, and figure out what went wrong.

I am pretty sure he did not RMT them .. the people who do RMT buy them because they want to buy some other stuff with them - or to use them for crafting, but not to have them laying around.

This is btw nothing special. In any (multiplayer) game (with a market) players will play the market and amass huge amounts of wealth doing so - more than 99.9% of the other players. You have to life with it or start playing Single Player games.

EDIT: join random groups (best with perm alocation) and drop them after a boss/rare dies and watch the discussion :)

Not everyone is a masochist, willing to lose everything, to a moment of desync with dogs w/ multiple projectiles and attacks faster.
"hardcore" is a optional mode that the game isn't balanced around in the first place. The drops are horrible without tons of IR, why the hell would I want to grind for 10's of hours and then lose it all?

Yeah this is what I'm starting to realize.. I have my suspicions too that drop rates were altered as well after the recent patch, but this is just my experience and I have no evidence to prove it, nor would I try to convince anyone of this.
But out of 8 toons I've created, standard, anarchy and onslaught, highest up to around 55, I have yet to see anything higher than a GCP and Blessed drop for me. No Exalt, No Divine, No Eternal, and one single GCP.
I love the game, but the drop rates suck.. even with IIR and IIQ getting anything of real value even with Rares is brutal at the rate its at.. most are way underlevel when you find them or just have pointless rolls. Don't even get me started on trying to craft now that fuses seem even more rare than chaos orbs..
I doubt I will be playing this game much longer as Grim Dawn gets closer to release.
Well just watched the video

To me its seems likely the OP has what he's stated he has.

Good dealing, 6L a shavs, sell and repeat with new unlinked + uber crafted gear, mirror the crafted stuff for a fee and buy mirrors with the profits and then sell another. Guess its possible.

So to the original question what should he do with it.

Spend some of your bloody real money on GGG by buying stash tabs. How can you still only have 4??? - Support the company that has made you wealthy in virtual currency beyond everyone's wildest dreams.

I don't think there is anything 'good' you can do with it. The game is not designed for people to have this much wealth (or the drop rates would be orders of magnitude higher). You have acted as an enormous money sink and pushed up the prices of items beyond others reach, no player can compete with you at auction or anything else.

Best suggestion, all the GGG devs play as well, give most of it too them to distribute as they see fit for rewards or prizes.

You already have hit the 'I win' button and no-one else can really compete.

Congratulations if you accrued it all 'honestly'

wwwwwah

I am sure he does not cheat and ggg knows it.
Anarchy/Onslaught T-Shirt Owner.
Trading Guide : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/519890
Killing Vaal merc with (600 life) : http://is.gd/qsgV9P [Open Beta]
Let's be Crazy: http://is.gd/TxxLsS / Old Suggestion: http://is.gd/Jd09W0
<< God blesses those who bless themselves >>
Last edited by Inexium on Aug 29, 2013, 2:37:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info