Ben_ wins the gauntlet

https://clips.twitch.tv/TsundereFantasticPotatoWholeWheat-Naixwj020A0vTp4A

And he died in the least spectacular manner possible LOL.
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Last edited by Jradlot21 on Feb 12, 2024, 9:56:18 AM
Yeah, he won before it started as per usual. He truly blows my mind, I'm definitely not bad at the game this guy is next level.

Ben is like an NBA/NFL superstar compared to someone who likes basketball/football. He is a different breed of human, gifted player. It amazes me how much better the top players are compared to the other 2%

Yeah if I had time to train I'm sure I'd do OK. I got to 90 in gauntlet as a elementalist and I had maybe 10% the time streamers do.

Still no amount of practice would ever put me on Ben's level, he's absurdly gifted person must be crazy smart. There are very few players even close to his skill level it's absurd.
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
"
Jradlot21 wrote:
It amazes me how much better the top players are compared to the other 2%

Not shitting on Ben here but you also need to appreciate that there are probably 10 PoE players who actually treat it seriously enough to compete, He is vastly better, also puts in vastly more effort the two are related.

Many players in that 2% put in literally no effort beyond just playing so what i'm saying is it shouldn't amaze you that there is a difference :p Ben puts in the effort, reaps the rewards

Fun facts:

Siege of the Atlas was released February 4th, 2022 and I mention this because the bosses (the most challenging Gauntlet content) has been the same for the last two years, so it didn't surprise me when Ben cleared the latest "Misery" labeled Gauntlet within a week.

What surprised me is that many got baited to believe this would be the most "challenging" Gauntlet, where even Ben would struggle to complete it. Zizaran always had the opportunity to make the Gauntlet event indeed "challenging", but again, and again, and again he seems to never does, and it makes me question why? Does he get "lobbied" by some of these other PoE streamers so they can maintain a significant "edge" with the hours they log consistently playing or streaming this game through these years, and also how far they're willing to go without "sleeping"

Well, it went exactly like this and the top two prizes went also in the streamers pockets, streamers that do average 1-2k views. I was right at the end for suggesting Ben to be excluded from winning monetary prizes, because he averaged up to 10k views just from participating.

I always wanted to believe the Gauntlet was designed event for the PoE community, and that means the community can feel they're "winning" something, or close to winning, so they can continue to play this particular game, and watch some of these particular streamers.

Zizaran banned like 4 skills, yet Jung and Ben used transfigured gems that were with equal or greater power to overcome the content in the exact way they did it, and on top the Affliction mechanic was quote "most rewarding", and that goes with saying after previous mechanics were already quite rewarding. The "oasis" (white maps), where the mods were significantly easier allowed them to get most of the uniques they needed, and the rest from div cards, and then the extra power the Ascendancies gave easily.

This is not even about Ben or Jung or whoever else, but the fact that many are able to overcome a "challenging" content that's been out for two years, both normal, and uber bosses within a short period, and that's a problem when your event lasts for 10 days, where like 15%-25% of the prize goes to some RNG based or easy bounties, the other 32% went to two individuals, which happened to be Ben and Jungroan, while also one of them collected most of these biggest bounty prizes on their way, and then there's another five spots that shared the 40%, and lastly the other seven shared the 28% of the prize pool, and then I'm not gonna go into how much the total prize pool was that tens of thousands were competing for.

Example, I gave my girlfriend around $5,000 USD alone just for her b-day, and during the Xmas holidays, but hey for many within Eastern Europe, Brazil, or the many other developing countries it makes more sense to put that "effort", especially if you don't have a streaming career alongside.

Bottom line, I'm thankful there's still one competitive event lasting for 10 days out of 3-4 months, an event that hasn't happened in a year, and thanks to this event it's why I had "fun" playing PoE for over a week during this league. I only play/practice/learn the game in SSF HC and when I feel its rewarding to me, and as long as GGG alongside X streamer gives me the opportunity to "outperform" and "separate" from the masses PoE will be that "competitive" game I'll be playing, watching, and supporting over anything else.

Finally, I am looking forward to Last Epoch because it's coming at a "needed" time, and I don't know how good it will be, and how long I'll be playing it. My expectations and hype on Last Epoch is as low as it can be, but I remain optimistic because its "online" ARPG that features seasonal SSF HC "ladder" and with how bad Diablo 4 was (which I didn't play even if I could for free), and the continuous drought in the MMORPG genre, current state of PoE, and how Affliction was the least time I've spent playing PoE, yea... looking forward to Last Epoch.

At this point I wonder why GGG doesn't have that "join" Gauntlet button bi-weekly every Friday, with a featured ladder, while Zizaran can still have that "one" Gauntlet with some monetary prizes every league. Ben has lost Gauntlets in the past and my guess is he would be "losing" a lot more like Draegnarrr said, more than "10 players" took it more seriously, or simply had fun "competing" when/if "competition" would be available.
Last edited by Kopogero on Feb 12, 2024, 10:40:20 AM
I have never before been tempted to ask an AI to give me a tl;dr of a post, but here we are.
Last edited by ArtCrusade on Feb 12, 2024, 10:30:59 AM
"
Example, I gave my girlfriend around $5,000 USD alone just for her b-day, and during the Xmas holidays, but hey for many within Eastern Europe, Brazil, or the many other developing countries it makes more sense to put that "effort", especially if you don't have a streaming career alongside.

"
Finally, I am looking forward to Last Epoch because it's coming at a "needed" time, and I don't know how good it will be, and how long I'll be playing it. My expectations and hype on Last Epoch is as low as it can be, but I remain optimistic because its "online" ARPG that features seasonal SSF HC "ladder" and with how bad Diablo 4 was (which I didn't play even if I could for free), and the continuous drought in the MMORPG genre, current state of PoE, and how Affliction was the least time I've spent playing PoE, yea... looking forward to Last Epoch.

A+ trolling - truly a masterful depiction of the madman's rambling.
"
ArtCrusade wrote:
I have never before been tempted to ask an AI to give me a tl;dr of a post, but here we are.

I stopped reading it, but I think the general idea is “I want a competition, but I don’t want any of the good competitors to be able to enter it.”

I’m sure if a “non-streamer” put in the effort and dunked on everyone else they could also start pulling a lot of views.
"
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

I stopped reading it, but I think the general idea is “I want a competition, but I don’t want any of the good competitors to be able to enter it.”

I’m sure if a “non-streamer” put in the effort and dunked on everyone else they could also start pulling a lot of views.

That is the gist of his other thread as well.

Mechkov / PlayLife has shown in the Ruthless SSFHC event during Crucible that someone completely new can take a competition and make a name for themself. If you're really good at a game, people will flock to you.

That is, if you are willing to make the effort. Kopobro wants a participation badge
"
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

What I wrote above was not with a followed intention to "explain", or "argue" on individuals opinions that will follow, because I've been around long enough where people are convinced (actually believe) the sun is blue, even if its yellow. What I'm trying to say is the texts/words are there to be read, and others are welcome to interpret that in whatever way it will make them feel best in the end.

There's no statement in my post above that I don't want any of the "good" competition to be able to participate. The sole purpose of "competing" is for one to compete (compare) itself with every other participant, and in the way they play the game that usually "challenges" the participant to "think" and "perform".

I simply criticize the current state of the Gauntlet event because I strongly believe both GGG alongside X streamer have a lot more room for improvement when it comes to "promoting" competition. In the end the more participants a competition has it means only one thing...

Only one who express an interest to participate in any competition understands best what's their own "personal" reason or motivation. If anything what @Pestilence_PoE proved with his statement is another good reason why the Gauntet event may have been the way it's been now and for a long time. If another "unknown" player started "doing well", and even winning such event consistently it means they'll eventually gain fame/glory/popularity, and if they choose to stream it only means one thing, the viewers will migrate from these "established" x streamers, and when this happens the new "Ben" can give permission to next "Ziz/Steel" to "milK" their viewership for a certain "fee", where the next "Ziz/Steel" streaming next "Bens" stream while doing the commentary, and I believe that's why Ziz (as the event organizer) was able to do it, while Steel was there alongside, and not streaming on his channel (again to help Ziz with views).

Finally, whoever will be the next "Ben" or "Zizaran will have to understand that PR (public relationship) and reputation goes far when your main revenue comes from one audience that shares interest toward this particular game, and that means "giving" back to the "audience" a share of the profits you generate, and you do that by "excluding" yourself from winning more, or promoting/organizing the event to be more "rewarding", so the audience will still prefer to be in your stream.

I look forward for PoE 3 where I can just pay a fee to sign up to more frequently hosted events, and alongside bigger, and better sponsors, and popularity it will be better for everyone who shows interest toward this particular product.
Last edited by Kopogero on Feb 12, 2024, 12:49:26 PM
So you ever going to win the Gauntlet? Overdue eh
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info