Ben_ wins the gauntlet

Time for all of us to go online on twitch next league and ask day one for the items we need. Gonna be a big league start for everyone hoho
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
What I found interesting was hearing Ziz make a statement wanting to make the Misery Gauntlet harder, but how GGG wouldn't "allow it", and later on another statement, planning to host the Gauntlet every "other" league, so that's still better than every year, but if the Gauntlet remains the only competitive event that the community is hyped (looking forward) to compete in, I sincerely hope GGG has alternative plans beside delivering content for both PoE + PoE2.

I signed up to this game to compete in an "online" ARPG, and I'm sure many enjoy watching PoE on twitch for that same competition. The past week I've been trying to "hype" myself for Last Epoch despite completely ignoring it through the past. Last Epoch feels in a much better state similar like how PoE was late 2014 from like 2010-2011 or whenever "early access" begin, and in the end it's the second best option compared to everything else (beside PoE 2) until late 2025.

If anything what Ben proved is how damaging unique items can be for a "good" competition, because in the current state of the game, the way builds are made, and how the combat is (beside not sleeping) it's tough to compete or "separate", especially when the "Misery" Gauntlet was cleared because of such unique item within a week.

When GGG is willing to go as far to "interfere" in the difficulty of the Gauntlet, it only means it favors indirectly someone like "Ben". Add the fact that certain transfigured gems weren't banned, how "rewarding" the Affliction mechanic was, the lack of difficulty in white maps, etc...

I'm still thankful that we had a Gauntlet, but I'm also thankful that Last Epoch is coming tomorrow, a game that sadly is indeed now "competing" with PoE. One has to be in a competition before it understands how to host/organize/promote a great one, and it's why PoE 2 is on it's way, which I am hyped for, just like every PoE league, but not as hyped as I would be due to the silence, or lack of info about PoE'2 endgame, ladders", "competitive events", etc.

Noticed how Ben was streaming Helldivers 2 instead of Last Epoch this past week? Well, why would he promote the main PoE competition, when he was getting 10k+ twitch views from PoE latest Gauntlet? Exactly, which is why rest of the established PoE streamers that may have been experiencing declining viewership and "revenue" are more inclined to gain popularity elsewhere, and Last Epoch is the perfect game for that, and its why many of them will stream/play it starting tomorrow, and that means a significant portion of the PoE player base along (including myself).

Finally, unlike PoE Last Epoch does come with a "pay wall", being a buy to play game, but B2P is also good to fight "botting", and $35 is still a great deal, even better than most felt needing to pay for stash tabs.
"
Baharoth15 wrote:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/2058685491?t=04h23m38s

That guys mechanical skills are absurd... that precise movement and dodging all that shit that happens i couldn't handle 10% of that.

what a great moment
"
Kopogero wrote:

Noticed how Ben was streaming Helldivers 2 instead of Last Epoch this past week? Well, why would he promote the main PoE competition, when he was getting 10k+ twitch views from PoE latest Gauntlet? Exactly, which is why rest of the established PoE streamers that may have been experiencing declining viewership and "revenue" are more inclined to gain popularity elsewhere, and Last Epoch is the perfect game for that

what a weird nonsense logic. Why shouldn't he be free to play other game genres aside of arpgs especially after the many hours of the gauntlet grind?
But I mean unlike LA Helldivers 2 has been out since a few weeks without any early access memes, so no shame to play that instead of a unfinished and unpolished game that just got fully released today lol
Flames and madness. I'm so glad I didn't miss the fun. hoho
You don‘t get it Pashid. Everything is a conspiracy these days hoho
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Still waiting on his participation in Gauntlet.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
Still waiting on his participation in Gauntlet.

He's already the #1 armchair racer why would he need to participate in the 'rigged' competition hoho
Twitch: https://twitch.tv/artcrusader
Last edited by ArtCrusade on Feb 21, 2024, 4:13:08 PM
Top 10 at least right cmon!
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
> ben_ is not even that good
> ban him so i can win

you have to chose one bro
This was a truly wonderful discussion to read tonight lol. I think I can honestly say, without hyperbole, that there are two players in this thread that win the prize for literal craziest PoE forum-ers ever to have graced this site.

How you can watch these videos, know his history, compare him to all the OTHER videos we all have access to......and continue to blame the tinfoil hat "GGG invisible hand" or "luck" is absolutely astounding. Beyond head buried in the sand, this is "head buried in the sand, with lead poisoning, removed ears, removed eyes, and amnesia".

And then the periodic essays about how great you are, but with no actual stats, and wanting only to REMOVE the best competition from any event you'd want to participate in, while again blaming the GAME.....just truly frightening thoughts.

Kudos to those of you with the patience to not just straight up lose your...while responding for 9 pages.

Favorite moment: "Stop derailing this thread!" -------> "this is MY thread"

wrecked
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Mar 17, 2024, 10:45:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info