3.22.2 Patch Notes

"
Asto14 wrote:
After the patch I can't play, I get this error vk::PhysicalDevice::createDeviceUnique: ErrorFeatureNotPresent
Thanks GGG for screwing up the game even more

I have exact the same issue
For some reason this patch broke the Vulkan renderer for me as well.

Editing the renderer type in the production_Config.ini to DirectX11 worked for me, well at least the game loads, but still experiencing freezes on most packs in maps. Sad days. Game played flawlessly before the patch. Also the resolution scaling seems wonky now as well (kicking in at times, and not at times when it used to).
After clearing my shader cache, the game ran very well again for an hour or so. Now the game crashes once I try to open ANY instance (town, h/o, map, ...)

Great job on that patch f'ing over the players who play more than 2-4 weeks each league (as in: the core fanbase), so we can act as guinea pigs for some experimental changes.
"
Improved dynamic resolution to avoid jarring situations where the resolution scales down and up in quick succession.

So after the patch, I had no dynamic resolution applying at all. And later when I returned to play a bit more it was there again, and the game was smooth for a few maps, then its gone again and do not come back anymore. I mean I literally have 18 fps staying in empty map, and with target fps at 50 I can disable/enable dynamic reso with no change whatsoever. Did you do the delay between scaling resolution in hours, or what?:)
As of why I have 18 fps in the empty map after the patch - I've no idea.
still waiting for performance fix
"
Montek81 wrote:
"
Asto14 wrote:
After the patch I can't play, I get this error vk::PhysicalDevice::createDeviceUnique: ErrorFeatureNotPresent
Thanks GGG for screwing up the game even more

I have exact the same issue

The problem is the "production_Config.ini" in Documents\My Games\Path of Exile

When i deleted Vulkan from the line "renderer_type=Vulkan", the problem was gone

vulkan can't be used, I had to do that and change to direcxt 11
I say hello to everyone who worked on this patch.

Nice update
"
"
Improved dynamic resolution to avoid jarring situations where the resolution scales down and up in quick succession.

So after the patch, I had no dynamic resolution applying at all. And later when I returned to play a bit more it was there again, and the game was smooth for a few maps, then its gone again and do not come back anymore. I mean I literally have 18 fps staying in empty map, and with target fps at 50 I can disable/enable dynamic reso with no change whatsoever. Did you do the delay between scaling resolution in hours, or what?:)
As of why I have 18 fps in the empty map after the patch - I've no idea.

Holly crap.
What hardware do you have?
And did you try to change renderers?
Every time I try to join the halls of the dead I get: "Disconnected Failed to connect to Instance"

good patch though
Last edited by trilateralcommission on Oct 25, 2023, 12:18:35 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info