3.22.2 Patch Notes

"
Beglets wrote:
loading time when entering new locations decreased substantially

Lies.

Was 5-10sec before patch, now 30-60sec. Not even exaggerating, and it's not particles. Loading the GAME took/takes longer, to the point of clicking on the black screen before the intro cinematic and getting a 'program isn't responding' from the OS. Everything to do with the game since the 3.21.2 Performance Rollback Patch has been hit-and-miss and has had a familiar degenerative ring to it.
And yet No performance patch...
mayb this is a "vision" stuff too?
DX11 speeds up load times for me. Being in Vulkan takes forever to load into zones.
"
Zerodrag wrote:
DX11 speeds up load times for me. Being in Vulkan takes forever to load into zones.

Yeah, but DX11 tends to stutter in the middle of the run and that's arguable even worse.
I feel like there's no good way to run the game at this point.
And I sure hope they can fix it before november events.
Handmade cursors for PoE: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2740991
"
Flying_Mage wrote:
"
Zerodrag wrote:

Yeah, but DX11 tends to stutter in the middle of the run and that's arguable even worse.
I feel like there's no good way to run the game at this point.
And I sure hope they can fix it before november events.

Would be a miracle if it all gets (actually) fixed by 3.23 in December, the biggest upcoming update. I'll take such christmas present.
"
Hollow_Ichigo wrote:
I'll take such christmas present.

Surely they worked hard(LOL) in last 10 years and NOW the time they fix everything, I'm sure of it. kekW
The devs absolutely work hard what other games get as many big updates as poe?
Think you for improving the graphical performance. Please keep pushing on this topic.
And please, let ToTA go core asap. ToTA “breaks” are such an enjoyable enrichment to the game as tattoos are for build creation. The game is well maintained and in a good state - I’ll buy the supporter pack update tonight 😉
"
gorioo wrote:
"
Micro24 wrote:
Performance is better after this patch. For my case, DX12 renderer is the most consistent in performance. DX11, after all the caching, is not as performant as DX12. Lower frame rates and lower fps consistency. Vulkan renderer, after its caching, is a lot better than DX11 for consistency, but lower max fps which is a trade-off much better than inconsistent fps.

Channel count on sound setting is set to Low.

My graphical settings are set in its lowest setting except:
- Resolution = 1920x1080 (Native) borderless windowed
- Renderer: DX12
- VSync: Off
- Triple-Buffering: Disabled
- Bloom: 75%
- Water Detail: High
- Texture Quality: High
- Texture Filtering: 16x
- Dynamic Culling: Enabled
- Dynamic Resolution: Enabled
- Target Framerate: 48
- Engine Multithreading: Enabled

CPU: Intel I5-12400
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6600 (8GB)
Memory: 16GB
Steam Linux Client
Proton Version: 7.0.6

Can I ask you why Proton 7.0.6?
Does it have something special?
Or it's just "do not touch what is working?"
What's your GPU/CPU latency according to ingame graph? and fps.
But most importantly WHY 75% BLOOM????? :D

Proton 7.0.6 because even if the game is windowed borderless, in my case, the mouse cursor does not leave the window, as if it's on fullscreen. The latest Proton does not allow me to move my mouse outside of PoE to do multitasking even though its set to windowed borderless.

CPU/GPU latency on hideout is around:
CPU: 3ms
GPU: 7ms

Obviously, it spikes up while doing things, but the gameplay is much smoother and consistent after this patch.

75% Bloom because it helps me see dangerous stuff easier (they're usually brighter) so I can avoid them :D
Nevermind my previous post, it takes a minute and a half to log into the first town, with like two players in it, at least thirty seconds to load into any area, another thirty seconds to load any breakable object, special effect or mob, so you pretty much die if you move anywhere.
Well done improving the engine, it has been a nightmare to play this game since july.

Only good thing is that it does not fry the CPU constantly anymore.

Good luck for the future, I hope the dev team comes back from PoE2 to fix a few things.
https://www.youtube.com/user/PeipeMasta

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info