3.22.0b Patch Notes (restartless)

Impending DOOM build (like the one on maxroll gg) BIG QUESTION with all this strange announcements - i cant follow it anymore and need HELP.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alright somehow i am not clever enough to follow all this "left then right then up then down".

Is any kind soul able to explain me in simple words if the impendig doom build (like the one on maxroll gg) now actually works or not.

Firs i thought there is a bug - then they say they fixed the bug - fixing the bug made it worse as the build only worked due to a 3 year old bug now they reverted the change and we are back in between the working build and the not working build?

What exactly would i have to do to make it work? i am so confused.

It would be HIGHLY appreciated if somebody would take the time to explain it to me :)

Thanks a LOT
I had abyss bug out, didnt finish, monsters spawned again when killed. Is it known bug?
Increasing the nvidia cache won't help you in the long run, the game has capped the vram now at 1.7gb, sometimes it goes to 2gb. Why ? No clue, at least go back to ur 3 gb vram cap. We aren't a mobile game, the vram minimum has been 6-8 gb for the last decade on GPU's, why are you capping it so low ?
These "Changes" are a fucking laughing stock. I've been here since Talisman and this is objectively the second worst league mechanic after Kalandra.

The Patches didn't adress any of the key issues that the league mechanic has, so i'm gonna quickly list them, so that you (the devs) actually know what is going on, as i doubt the mechanic got playtested.

1. THERE ARE NO WORTHWHILE REWARDS

2. Inconsitent Aggro, where Enemy DEFENDERS start killing your totems, while your defenders sit in a corner and do nothing

3. "Mom can we have Enemy units?; We have enemy units at Home."
The Units at Home
Where the enemy Lunar Turtle takes me longer to kill than a 5 essence juiced rare, despite being a white mob, yet if i have the turtle its the ACME knockoff brand one that has brain damage.

4. Any "Shaman" Enemy that just ignores being stunned, was implanted with precognition as they manually sidestep attacks, and whenever you hit them, they run away. Coupled with issue #2 this becomes unwinnable as in half the positions they constantly sit in your backline killing everything while your units sit around doing nothing.

5. Players should NOT be affected by the hook unit.

6. THERE ARE NO WORTHWHILE REWARDS, especially when measured against how long matches take

7. "Ignore 50% Physical Damage Mitigation", because 4 Different Defensive layers aren't enough.

8. Enemies outscale the Amount of units you can have even if you win every round

9. Completely inconsistent stuns on players vs. the ones on enemies, where you get immediately hit by a something invisible that stuns you; yet enemies are allowed to sit inside toxic rain (WHICH HAS A HIT COMPONENT SO IT SHOULD STUN IF THE ARROW HITS THEM) and channel for 7 seconds before one of my units decides to turn around and stun them.

Edit:

Fuck the "Further patches will be coming soon™",

When you ship a league it should be done, and properly playtested. If a team of 8 developers can't ship a league with proper balance on release day, you either need more time or more people.

Yes the first 48 hours are always damage control, and you guys fixed like 100+ bugs that arent mentioned anywhere because no one cares about them, but for a day 5 patch this is just lackluster.
Last edited by Glaringsoul on Aug 23, 2023, 10:13:50 AM
"
YinminTarul wrote:
Impending DOOM build (like the one on maxroll gg) BIG QUESTION with all this strange announcements - i cant follow it anymore and need HELP.

Alright somehow i am not clever enough to follow all this "left then right then up then down".

Is any kind soul able to explain me in simple words if the impendig doom build (like the one on maxroll gg) now actually works or not.

Firs i thought there is a bug - then they say they fixed the bug - fixing the bug made it worse as the build only worked due to a 3 year old bug now they reverted the change and we are back in between the working build and the not working build?

It would be HIGHLY appreciated if somebody would take the time to explain it to me :)

Thanks a LOT

Nothing changed for this league, keep following your guide, it still works as it did previously. Next league impending doom is doomed.
GGG THX FOR RUIN LEAGUE. NICE VIXENS FIX, WITH ENDGAME GEAR I CANT KILL GARBAGE BOSSES
Yeah is this meant to be in the game already? As I see zero difference and as stated above the rewards are terrible, the once-shot mechanics with no telegraphs are a joke, and having to replace an AG that dies in the halls of the dead is a joke as they can be one-shot even with the best gear on.

Not sure if this patch is in or not yet as it says it will make it clearer for the players to see a rez timer but nothing shows this anywhere.

One thing I will say you need 1000000% is a 1.5-second immunity when you spawn back in as the enemy just cast on your spawn location before it even lets you move and you die instantly again. this is with good gear.
"
GeoffC wrote:
"
skrrrrt wrote:
be sure to make your cache folder bigger in the nvidia control panel

This actually worked for me (quick test)

For others wanting to try this:

1. Open Nvidia Control Panel by right clicking the desktop and selecting it. On Windows 11 you have to first click "Show More Options"

2. Click "Manage 3D Settings"

3. Find the item "Shader Cache Size" and change it from Default to Unlimited (not tested other settings)

Now, it will still stutter a bit as you load in textures but once they are cached, it should not stutter again.

Went into a Delirium map which almost bricks my GPU with heavy graphical stutters, now it was smooth as butter after the initial 10 seconds.

Looking hopeful on this.

This helped me too! But now my game can crash after 1~2 hours of playing.
I'm not sure if is related to this shader cache change, but I do prefer one crash after 2 hours than 2 hours of no texture loading.
"
YinminTarul wrote:

Thanks a LOT

First, stop listening to everything content creators say. The build is fine, even with the bug that wasn't a bug thing. Anyone who actually played the build before this hotfix can tell it was very much playable. You lose some single target damage, but nothing that will force you to make a gem swap or anything like it.

TL;DR: It works. It was working just fine before the hotfix, it's working better now.
"
Fixed a bug where Global Illumination was over-brightening many visuals.

Yeah.. ehm.. that wasn't fixed - at least not entirely.
Still seeing over-brightened things all over the place. Both on static objects that shine light, but also on mobs with some kind of illumination, where they're just turned into "mobile light-sources" at this point.

Edit:
Even just putting the "Darkseer Weapon Effect" on the "Scourge Weapon" MTX, triggers this..
Last edited by Tagger on Aug 23, 2023, 11:20:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info