3.22.0b Patch Notes (restartless)

Release some new mtx already!
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Savage_of wrote:
soooooooo let me get this straight. youre deleting a build that people like out of the game entirely for no reason because youre deciding that the way spell cascade has worked for *checks calendar* 6 mfing years is now a "bug"? what exactly did impending doom do you to guys?
This bug is not that old (it is 3 years old, which is still impressive).

Spell Cascade has always taken account of area modifiers when placing areas, to make them more spaced out and prevent areas from overlapping too much. That has been the case since it's introduction in 3.1.0, at which point it as far as I can tell, it did not have the bug, because no cascadable spells were using the +x to radius stat.

In 3.12.0, curses changed from having % area modifiers to having + radius modifiers as the gem levels up. Due to the way radii have traditionally been handled in PoE, unlike % area modifiers, which can all be combined into a single multiplier that gets applied in a standard function, adding to the radius can't be folded into that multiplier. This means that each skill which uses a + radius stat needs it's code changed to manually add the value of that stat before the aforementioned multiplier is applied.

Unbeknownst to us at the time, this introduced the bug (at least as it pertains to curses). The curses themselves were correctly updated to account for this modifier applying to them, but Spell Cascade was not - it was adjusting the spacing of areas to account for all area modifiers except "+ radius" ones, which is incorrect - it was calculating spacing based on the wrong area radius.

I only worked out this part today, but some other skills, such as Contagion, were actually handling radius in a different way which included the added radius in the base radius value that spell cascade saw, meaning they behaved correctly - so the bug was inconsistent from skill to skill.

3.22.0 includes a substantial internal rework of radius handling to allow radii for skills to mostly be determined by stats, which can then be described on the gem/skill popup (as is already done for the new Avenging Flame skill from Flamewood Support). This necessitated changes to how Spell Cascade calculates radius. We weren't expecting this to change anything, as in theory it was already accounting for all area modifiers and continued to do so in the new system, but due to the bug it was actually not correctly doing that previously for several skills, including all Hexes.
Because the new version of spell cascade calculation was done correctly (and no longer requires special code in each skill for +radius to be applied), this changed behaviour with the skills that had the bug, and we didn't find this difference in testing prior to the patch release, so it was not described in patch notes.

The correct, intended behaviour of spell cascade has always been that it calculates the spacing of the areas based on how big they actually are.
The previous behaviour was that for many, but not all skills, it calculated spacing based on the area they would have had if they had no "+x to radius" modifiers. This is clearly a bug and meant it was inconsistent between different skills, and different ways of changing area of effect.

We changed the behaviour back for curses for this patch to avoid people being stuck with a build that works differently to how they expect, but as stated, we'll be fixing the bug again in 3.23.0

Can you buff impending doom damage next season to account for the lack of damage from overlaps? It seems like a lot of builds are being nerfed out of the meta with not much being buffed to freshen up the meta.
I mean, Vixen's on Pathfinder still is not working. It just won't pop when having Spell Cascade in the main curse link.

You're saying you reverted the change. Reverted to what? It was working fine in the previous league.

I was pretty happy when I saw that it was fixed, so I actually bought stuff to finally start playing the league.

Well, then I got disappointed, because it won't work still. Thanks.
I'm sitting on dozens of Silver Coins and can't find myself really wanting to go back to Hinekora's for another match. After I listened to all the narrations and the win/lose lines for each pairing, I realized that the voice acting and the Karui worldbuilding were the best things in the league mechanic. And it's a pity because I see potential in this mini-game. I hope GGG will be able to iterate on it some more and give it some more shine. Right now the league play is identical to standard, with some nostalgic Silver Coins popping up every now and then, which I quickly forget about.
They fixed everything except the Graphic problem that the new season and/or patch brought. How can you tell that they don't pay attention to the community and only pay attention to their pockets
"
Kieren_GGG wrote:
"
Duran_Fauxe wrote:
Performance Fixes when?

We're currently investigating and testing fixes for situations that some players are experiencing (tiles/assets sometimes not loading, long load times, cases of high CPU load) and hope to get them out soon.

Just to let you know I had every problem mentioned above since start, the only thing that fixed everything for me, I changed in my ASUS bios multicore enhancement settings from: Disable all limits to enforce all limits.

restart, and everything back as normal as previous league, no issues anymore.

Hopefully this helps in the upcoming fix and anyone having issues for time being.
"
ElRuuSiiToo wrote:
They fixed everything except the Graphic problem that the new season and/or patch brought. How can you tell that they don't pay attention to the community and only pay attention to their pockets

My opinion is more than they unfixed everything with that 3.21.2 update.

EDIT: Reason peoples tell they don't pay attention might be:
Because 1, They never tell something about it exept this;
"GGG has been pretty quiet on the graphics engine update that's causing major issues for some users. Can we get some fixes?

We have some more fixes coming in a patch that we hope to have out on Wednesday August 16th (NZT) as well as more coming in the 3.22 update."
2 It's now been a straight month today so let's celebrate!

Last edited by TWEEKERFORLIFE on Aug 23, 2023, 8:00:29 PM
So what happened to those duplicate disasters from Sanctum, was it fixed or not? I hope so, bcs the economy is kinda ruined after that crap.
Last edited by June9 on Aug 24, 2023, 2:39:28 AM
any my AG minion get oneshotted again in Ancestor match.
hard times for minions there ;(
"
Sync656 wrote:
"
Kieren_GGG wrote:
"
Duran_Fauxe wrote:
Performance Fixes when?

We're currently investigating and testing fixes for situations that some players are experiencing (tiles/assets sometimes not loading, long load times, cases of high CPU load) and hope to get them out soon.

Just to let you know I had every problem mentioned above since start, the only thing that fixed everything for me, I changed in my ASUS bios multicore enhancement settings from: Disable all limits to enforce all limits.

restart, and everything back as normal as previous league, no issues anymore.

Hopefully this helps in the upcoming fix and anyone having issues for time being.

what does that do though, what if that leads to bricking your pc

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info