What happened to poe Reddit?

"
StinkStink wrote:
Anyone in favour of the poe sub Reddit is either disingenuous or ignorant of the fact they were caught being part of the mirror mafia. Didn't apologize for it. Didn't kick the "only offending member". Nothing.

Honestly, not a single Path of Exile player should be there until they hand over the subreddit to GGG... but that will never happen, because there is too much ego, malice, and greed involved.

It will never happen because GGG abandoned ship and vowed never to post there again after the raw unmitigated hate they received from the extremely bad balance changes they made a couple of leagues ago.

I'm not implying that I didn't also hate the direction the game was going at the time, but very few human beings in this world deserve the level of vitriol that they experienced over it. It's important for communities to have a platform to voice concern over bad changes, but push too far and the people listening to you will just give up.

I'd honestly be all for dumping the subreddit altogether and concentrating the community back in the forums like the old days, but that's probably never going to happen. Someone else would start a new "unofficial" subreddit and people would just gravitate towards that instead.

Love it or hate it, Reddit is simply the defacto location for tech-based communities these days. And yes I know that some of these communities manage to exist outside of Reddit but I feel mostly confident in saying that they are in the minority at the moment.
Souls along a conduit of blood, from one vessel to the next.
Last edited by Zionyaru on Jun 14, 2023, 7:43:41 AM
"
feral_nature wrote:
i dont even know what reddit is...

some sort of forum i guess, but why would people go to unofficial forum site is beyond me.

Because they get banned from the offical one for not knowing how to be civil.
"
CAPSLOCK_ON wrote:
this forum format sucks reddit is way better that's why it's more popular for discussing poe

Reddit Layout is atrocious.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
"
I don't like this at all, Its considered one of the primary feedback mediums for a lot of players to have the community mod lock it for any reason is just gross.

I can only hope this brings more people back to the official forums.

this is straight up GGG's fault in the first place, for a long time Chris and gang would ONLY post updates on Reddit and not here at all. I can't believe how many times I was looking up somme info on the wiki/website and it ended up being a link to Chris posting on reddit.
S L O W E R
"
ampdecay wrote:
"
I don't like this at all, Its considered one of the primary feedback mediums for a lot of players to have the community mod lock it for any reason is just gross.

I can only hope this brings more people back to the official forums.

this is straight up GGG's fault in the first place, for a long time Chris and gang would ONLY post updates on Reddit and not here at all. I can't believe how many times I was looking up somme info on the wiki/website and it ended up being a link to Chris posting on reddit.

I think I'm more irritated by them putting things on Twitter only. I tend to agree that all announcements made should at least be duplicated on the announcement page.
Chris gave up subreddit control ages ago, it seems like a lot of people in this thread have no idea that GGG has no actual control over the PoE subreddit anymore, it hasn't been an extension of the PoE forums in almost ten years now.
"
Reinhart wrote:
"
CAPSLOCK_ON wrote:
this forum format sucks reddit is way better that's why it's more popular for discussing poe

i do not use the new layout i use the old.reddit layout with reddit enhancement suite addon it's far better than what old school forums like this have to offer

"
"
feral_nature wrote:

some sort of forum i guess, but why would people go to unofficial forum site is beyond me.

i am not banned and would rather browse the poe reddit than this forum
Last edited by CAPSLOCK_ON on Jun 14, 2023, 10:36:57 AM
"
Zionyaru wrote:
"
StinkStink wrote:
Anyone in favour of the poe sub Reddit is either disingenuous or ignorant of the fact they were caught being part of the mirror mafia. Didn't apologize for it. Didn't kick the "only offending member". Nothing.

Honestly, not a single Path of Exile player should be there until they hand over the subreddit to GGG... but that will never happen, because there is too much ego, malice, and greed involved.

It will never happen because GGG abandoned ship and vowed never to post there again after the raw unmitigated hate they received from the extremely bad balance changes they made a couple of leagues ago.

I'm not implying that I didn't also hate the direction the game was going at the time, but very few human beings in this world deserve the level of vitriol that they experienced over it. It's important for communities to have a platform to voice concern over bad changes, but push too far and the people listening to you will just give up.

I'd honestly be all for dumping the subreddit altogether and concentrating the community back in the forums like the old days, but that's probably never going to happen. Someone else would start a new "unofficial" subreddit and people would just gravitate towards that instead.

Love it or hate it, Reddit is simply the defacto location for tech-based communities these days. And yes I know that some of these communities manage to exist outside of Reddit but I feel mostly confident in saying that they are in the minority at the moment.

Exactly! it would be disingenuous or ignorant to assume that they let all this vitriol go unchecked and censor any post against bots, rmt, and the mirror mafia.

You can't have both.

As you said "Love it or hate it, Reddit is simply the de-facto location for tech-based communities these days". Therefore, the only logical conclusion is that poe sub moderators are all replaced by GGG employees. The only reason they will never do this is because there is too much ego, malice, and greed involved.

Not a complicated subject at all. They care about the game? hand over the poe subreddit to GGG (owner and creator of the game).
Meh? we'll massively migrate to Hive or some other stuff if they pull a fast one near league launch. But they won't, so we won't.

Let them have their little protest.
Second-class poe gamer
"
CAPSLOCK_ON wrote:
"
Reinhart wrote:
"
CAPSLOCK_ON wrote:

i do not use the new layout i use the old.reddit layout with reddit enhancement suite addon it's far better than what old school forums like this have to offer

"
"
feral_nature wrote:

i am not banned and would rather browse the poe reddit than this forum

'I don't use the default layout, I download extra software to mod the layout, then further modify that layout!' is not a sterling endorsement of either layout.

Also that follow up statement from the person who had to post a paragraph to ask why your posts here keep getting deleted by moderators for being "Needlessly Negative" in your words is also not a great position to start from that (in a way that was, at least in my opinion, clearly needlessly negative).

But, if you prefer Reddit, go for it, I sure as heck won't stop you.
Last edited by Northern_Ronin on Jun 14, 2023, 12:33:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info