What happened to poe Reddit?

"
Osy999 wrote:
Where do i post now when mirror drops?

Probably right here on General discussion. Idk, but don't worry about that. Chances are low and if you post it on the wrong place they will guide you into the proper place. GL exile!
We are on the lemmyverse now since

Reddit commited suicide
Last edited by sanleon on Jun 16, 2023, 10:20:12 AM
"
RandallPOE wrote:

The other hilarious thing is that most people who are behind it are still on Reddit anyway and just using the subs that haven't gone dark. If you really cared that much you wouldn't be there at all.

Reddit is just a giant advertising platform, all that really matters to them is daily logins and how much time each user spends on the site.

Guilty as charged, I've been practically forced to read only the diablo subs all week. Every other sub I used is dark...
Discord is the way to go, faster responses, less propaganda from the lucky ones dropping 500d/h, more information and faster help for new and veteran players.
"
sanleon wrote:
We are on the lemmyverse now since

Reddit commited suicide

Who's "we"? Out of the three alternatives to reddit 2 are controlled by multiplicity and his gang. The official site is listed just to increase the number of "alternatives".

Also lemmyverse is kill before it was ever born. If you check the bottom right you'll see it only has 276 subscribers in the 5 days it was opened as opposed to let's say discord's 30k+ or reddit's 500k+.

I don't really care what happens to reddit but at least don't spread misinformation on the only source that is not controlled by the people who decided with no poll to shut down the reddit sub only to direct people to alternatives they control.

Seems kinda sus.
reddit should kick those guys out
d:-D*
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
vio wrote:
it's a really surprising view that reddit users think they have a right on a channel which someone else created and maintains.

it's like they think they contributed something by posting memes and downvoting people with different opinions.

imho, there is nothing of value on reddit other than ggg's answers to community questions.
the platform sucks, discussions are crippled cause unpopular opinions get supressed by hiding them with downvotes. people are being harrassed by idiots reporting them to suicid helplines...

it's a way for companies outsourcing the costs for maintaing a forum for their user base where users pay with their personal data.

Plenty of subs are really useful -- I frequent those for niche games and interests where clout isn't really the issue. And it is an incredible resource for gaming tips -- google is where I start for Elden Ring fine tuning but usually I end up on the sub.

But if you mean the PoE subreddit, then yeah. GGG should never have legitimised it by using it so prolificly while neglecting their own social platform here. Then again I have been saying that for ten years and no one fucking listened. Reliance on third party shit was always going to be GGG's weakest link.

So I am enjoying some measure of schadenfreude at this situation.

i agree, reddit as a whole is often a good ressource for information cause there are plenty of helpful people there too.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
PyleWarlord wrote:
reddit should kick those guys out

reddit should pay those guys with the money they get from the api charges.

reddit is just a platform for people to build their own communities.

if they take away those communities from their creators, it goes against their core business plan.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
reinero wrote:
Discord is the way to go, faster responses, less propaganda from the lucky ones dropping 500d/h, more information and faster help for new and veteran players.

...and an absolute clusterfuck to read to anyone other than 24/7 residents. It's a chatroom not a forum.
"
SpellbreakTN wrote:
"
reinero wrote:

...and an absolute clusterfuck to read to anyone other than 24/7 residents. It's a chatroom not a forum.

There are ways to setup channels that act like forums

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info