Alienware: Which one should I buy?

"
brutaliz wrote:
Ofc it can. If u get SLI then it can run fucking hell without lag :D
Ah and btw i added a good soundcard for high quality audio. So good speakers/headset will be also reguired to get highest quality sound :)

So, do I HAVE to put SLI in it + 1050 corsair to be able to run Crysis 2 and Rift without lag at all? Or is it able to do without those things? The increases is about 1000$ i think.
Your mind is your enemy. Your mind will make you insane sooner or later. As for me..well, you can say that I am.
To run Rift and Crysis 2 on max settings, you don't even really need a 580, let alone SLi. I have a Radeon 6950 with a BIOS flash to make it a 6970, and it runs both games maxed out fairly easily. In Rift I get 70+ FPS outside of Meridian, and about 40-50 in Meridian. I've seen my FPS in Meridian drop as low as maybe 30 when there are a LOT of players around, though. A single 580 would probably get you a little more than that. Not sure exactly what my FPS in Crysis 2 is, never bothered to check, but it runs smoothly.

*Edit: check something in this range out... www.digitalstormonline.com, 596751 configuration
For Bob's sake, it's not rocket surgery.
Last edited by Malaclypse on Sep 14, 2011, 1:43:32 PM
"
Malaclypse wrote:
To run Rift and Crysis 2 on max settings, you don't even really need a 580, let alone SLi. I have a Radeon 6950 with a BIOS flash to make it a 6970, and it runs both games maxed out fairly easily. In Rift I get 70+ FPS outside of Meridian, and about 40-50 in Meridian. I've seen my FPS in Meridian drop as low as maybe 30 when there are a LOT of players around, though. A single 580 would probably get you a little more than that. Not sure exactly what my FPS in Crysis 2 is, never bothered to check, but it runs smoothly.

*Edit: check something in this range out... www.digitalstormonline.com, 596751 configuration

No offense, but I think i'd take Brutaliz build. As it seems to have better/higher prestige. Thanks anyway :3
Your mind is your enemy. Your mind will make you insane sooner or later. As for me..well, you can say that I am.
Hey, it's your money... if you've got the budget to put bigger/better parts in it, do it. I would. Just saying that for a minimum to accomplish what you want would be what I just recommended. Anything beyond that is just going to make it that much better.

Didn't mean to imply that my build was "better" in any way, just cheaper... the other build is demonstrably better, just overkill in some areas.
For Bob's sake, it's not rocket surgery.
Last edited by Malaclypse on Sep 14, 2011, 2:02:45 PM
"
Malaclypse wrote:
Hey, it's your money... if you've got the budget to put bigger/better parts in it, do it. I would. Just saying that for a minimum to accomplish what you want would be what I just recommended. Anything beyond that is just going to make it that much better.

Didn't mean to imply that my build was "better" in any way, just cheaper... the other build is demonstrably better, just overkill in some areas.

Heh, now it's going to be: WORK WORK WORK WORK (repeat 10000 times) and that's when i'll have the budget for it..lol. Naw, just joking. But I might pay it monthly. You know, pay like 10% of the price every month or so until it's fully paid. Is that do-able? or do I have to purchase it all at once?
So...do I have to purchase all of it at once or can I pay for it monthly? Like..300 $ a month or something?
You would have to pay it all at once. Only way I can see to make it a monthly payment would be to take out a loan for the price of the PC, pay for it, then pay the bank monthly.
Dell offers financing. I have an Alienware laptop and a desktop. The case on the desktop is garbage, but I'm happy with everything else.

I USED to build my own, but it's no longer worth my time. I've yet to use Dell's warranty service, but it's nice to know that it's there.

My guidelines:
Best proc until the price jump > ~$250
6GB RAM, no more, no less
GPU, NEVER buy the bleeding edge.
SSDs are awesome.
This thread seems more and more like a troll thread by the OP.
No homework has been done on his part.
"
This thread seems more and more like a troll thread by the OP.
No homework has been done on his part.

Just how is this a troll thread? I am asking for help, does that really qualify as being a troll? That is quite a weird assumption if you ask me. I am grateful that you guys helped me out and has made me think over of getting Alienware. So, I will not get alienware..but either get Brutaliz or Malaclypse. But I will admit it..I like the design of Alienware. Such a shame that it's really overpriced. But I like the Dreadnought (I think it was called that)design too. Yes, I know..don't go for the looks but the performance. So thank you guys for being patient with all my questions =) I might ask more in the future so I hope that I won't be too irritating ^^ Hopefully the admins/devs won't close this thread as this has been a great help to me. Thanks a lot for showing me digitalstormonline :P Like the website a lot. But enough of that. Thanks once again. As i've said, I might ask more questions in this thread. Such a shame I can't rename the thread right now.

Edit: P.S when I mentioned Brutaliz and Malaclypse, I meant their builds that they have posted. It's the ticket numbers.
Last edited by EvilMegaCookie on Sep 16, 2011, 5:26:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info