Alienware: Which one should I buy?

Your physical processor is the thing that comes in the box. It's 1 piece and it fits into a slot via a bunch of pins.

On the 1 piece, are multiple cores that work in parallel.. which makes it dual core. In some cases now they have 4, 6, or 8 cores on 1 part.

XP can support basically all consumer processors from intel and AMD.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
"
zeto wrote:
Your physical processor is the thing that comes in the box. It's 1 piece and it fits into a slot via a bunch of pins.

On the 1 piece, are multiple cores that work in parallel.. which makes it dual core. In some cases now they have 4, 6, or 8 cores on 1 part.

XP can support basically all consumer processors from intel and AMD.

Thanks,
Very , Very Much
Yes, I do own a monitor that can handle it. And the reason i'm asking you guys are for two reasons; A) I am inexperienced with computer specs and don't know what's good or bad. B) I don't want to buy the pig in the sack if you get what I mean :3 And I think that buying a monitor that costs over 1000$ is a bit much. The monitor I have in mind that i'll upgrade, costs about 4000 crowns. Which is about 400 euro.
Your mind is your enemy. Your mind will make you insane sooner or later. As for me..well, you can say that I am.
"
Yes, I do own a monitor that can handle it. And the reason i'm asking you guys are for two reasons; A) I am inexperienced with computer specs and don't know what's good or bad. B) I don't want to buy the pig in the sack if you get what I mean :3 And I think that buying a monitor that costs over 1000$ is a bit much. The monitor I have in mind that i'll upgrade, costs about 4000 crowns. Which is about 400 euro.

First you say you do have a monitor... then you say you are upgrading.

What monitor do you plan on getting? In order to gain the benefit of the types of systems you are looking at, you MUST get a monitor that supports 1600p. If you do not get a 1600p monitor then all that power is going to waste.

When considering games and graphics... the limiting factor is not RAM, CPU, or Video after a certain point... it's your monitor.

Keep in mind that in ANY system, the weakest link is your MAXIMUM. If your cpu, RAM, and video can handle 60fps 1600p and you only own a 1080p monitor... you can only display 1080p textures and all that extra power is lost.
If you have account problems please [url="http://www.pathofexile.com/support"]Email Support[/url]
"
zeto wrote:
"

First you say you do have a monitor... then you say you are upgrading.

What monitor do you plan on getting? In order to gain the benefit of the types of systems you are looking at, you MUST get a monitor that supports 1600p. If you do not get a 1600p monitor then all that power is going to waste.

When considering games and graphics... the limiting factor is not RAM, CPU, or Video after a certain point... it's your monitor.

Keep in mind that in ANY system, the weakest link is your MAXIMUM. If your cpu, RAM, and video can handle 60fps 1600p and you only own a 1080p monitor... you can only display 1080p textures and all that extra power is lost.

Oh, well...that probably sounded a bit strange >_< The monitor i'm getting is called BenQ XL2410T. Which is the monitor I wrote about in my last post. The monitor I have right now is called...Acer something. Atleast from what I can read on the logo.

P.S I'm a happy man! I got into the beta! Yes! Can you imagine how damn happy I am? *does a victory pose* Well, that's what you wanted to know right? Cheers :D
Your mind is your enemy. Your mind will make you insane sooner or later. As for me..well, you can say that I am.
The BenQ has a maximum resolution of 1080p. Getting equipment that runs games at 1080p with full settings only requires a medium rig... not a high end rig.

I can promise you that you'll be much happier with a minimum of a 1200p monitor and lowering your expectations on a CPU, since huge CPU usage is uncommon for gaming and not needed in general, since most calculations are pushed to the graphics card which is about a bajillion times better at doing it.

Anyway, my suggestion to you is to get a medium rig and a better monitor with a maximum resolution of 1200, in order to maximize the hardware investment with what you can actually SEE.
"
zeto wrote:
The BenQ has a maximum resolution of 1080p. Getting equipment that runs games at 1080p with full settings only requires a medium rig... not a high end rig.

I can promise you that you'll be much happier with a minimum of a 1200p monitor and lowering your expectations on a CPU, since huge CPU usage is uncommon for gaming and not needed in general, since most calculations are pushed to the graphics card which is about a bajillion times better at doing it.

Anyway, my suggestion to you is to get a medium rig and a better monitor with a maximum resolution of 1200, in order to maximize the hardware investment with what you can actually SEE.

Oh? Then what kind of monitor do you suggest?
Any 1200p monitor would be fine. If you are really planning on blowing such huge amounts of money... then go for a 1600p.

If you go 1200p or 1600p then you can start to look at higher end graphics cards to support them. I'd probably pair a cheaper i5 processor with a higher end graphic card and 8+ GB RAM. I also personally avoid SLI due to what I feel is bad support.

The price difference between a 1200p and a 1600p monitor though is huge. I'm not going to do your shopping for you though :P
If you want to save money and still get the same performance as Alienware's I suggest you build up a computer yourself from separate parts or go to a local computer store and have someone build it up for you after choosing what you want in it. Lots of money saved!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info