GGG alters drop rates to improve the economy

lol this guy again...
~SotW HC Guild~

I think you forgot to wear your tinfoil hat today.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Well about the only tin foil hat conspiracy that worries me for real, is when GGG throws a party where Chris and everyone go on a drinking binge. Seems just about anything can happen then.
This is totally true. Today I was farming for around 2hours, didn't find anything good. Was about to call it quits, then suddenly I find an exalted orb in a chest. I'm like, aww thats nice lets grind some more. Fast forward 2 more hours and once again I'm about to call it a night. But guess what, Piety drops me a BoR. It's now 4am and I'm thinking to myself, just another 2hr grind and I'll call it quits.

My theory is GGG has an employee who monitors me 24/7, whenever I'm about to give up, he makes the game drop me a nice item as an incentive. Thanks anonymous GGG man!

/s
Last edited by etrensce on Nov 6, 2013, 10:26:23 PM
Yeah one time I bought the mohawk microtransaction and just then noticed 17 exalt orbs drop.

Oh man, I was super excited, ran into some desync, cussed out my monitor and noticed that all loot stopped dropping.

All loot.

Not even whites.

I went back to my stash noticed 15 of those exalts were gone.

I have never bitched about desync since.
"
etrensce wrote:
This is totally true. Today I was farming for around 2hours, didn't find anything good. Was about to call it quits, then suddenly I find an exalted orb in a chest. I'm like, aww thats nice lets grind some more. Fast forward 2 more hours and once again I'm about to call it a night. But guess what, Piety drops me a BoR. It's now 4am and I'm thinking to myself, just another 2hr grind and I'll call it quits.

My theory is GGG has an employee who monitors me 24/7, whenever I'm about to give up, he makes the game drop me a nice item as an incentive. Thanks anonymous GGG man!

/s

Oh thank god I thought I was the only one.
He also likes to hack my calendar to find important dates I need be alert for and makes me stay up the night farming all hours.
Bet ya it's Bex.
"Truth be told, I have no idea what the fuck is going on anymore." Stephen Hawkins
Last edited by justinloase on Nov 6, 2013, 10:37:25 PM
"
etrensce wrote:

/s

I've noticed this too, and you're right, that's the only logical explanation. That or shape shifting illuminati lizardmen.
The only time drop rates are modified (without rhoa feathers, that is) is if you're a botter or are too high level for the area (the currency penalty that is well understood within the community).
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Oh look, it's another snoozefest thread from OP.
"
Chris wrote:
The only time drop rates are modified (without rhoa feathers, that is) is if you're a botter or are too high level for the area (the currency penalty that is well understood within the community).

Does that mean if my drops have sucked really bad for weeks that I'm flagged as a botter or just having some piss poor luck? ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info