GGG alters drop rates to improve the economy

This is so absurd.
people saying this and that.

is the statement official? where is the statement?

people already criticizing GGG for alleged misuse of a tool, that is not even confirmed by GGG.

people coming out of the woodwork just to have a "stab" at the "suspected" person.

several topics in-line with the thread:
Spoiler
bigfoot
Spoiler
ancient aliens
Spoiler
nazis on the moon
I need more purple titles
Its a fact that they are flagging suspicious patterns accounts. Check botting forums, just as many qq about it.
The account who were crying about 0 drop were actually banned, i just checked that thread.

2 accounts banned on page 1, 1 account not banned.

Turning off the droprates for bots is a big and good move against them, they lose bots and resources.
Anarchy/Onslaught T-Shirt Owner.
Trading Guide : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/519890
Killing Vaal merc with (600 life) : http://is.gd/qsgV9P [Open Beta]
Let's be Crazy: http://is.gd/TxxLsS / Old Suggestion: http://is.gd/Jd09W0
<< God blesses those who bless themselves >>
Last edited by Inexium on Nov 6, 2013, 4:44:31 PM
Are..are...are you retarded?
IGN: Dmillz
"
Inexium wrote:
The account who were crying about 0 drop were actually banned, i just checked that thread.

2 accounts banned on page 1, 1 account not banned.

Turning off the droprates for bots is a big and good move against them, they lose bots and resources.

This is good and no one will disagree i just see people worried if thats all , like many people say theres no reason for GGG to do so.

But people in RNG based games will do and believe anything , remember when Loot Server were big in d3 ?

This just makes people concerned.
The ability to do this to control bots sounds good in theory. But that they can do this means they can make mistakes.
Last edited by Malpheas on Nov 6, 2013, 5:09:21 PM
What i know is that on friday and saturday night i barely find any maps which is extremely frustrating. I can do alched-maps for 4-5 hours and spend more maps than i can find which depletes my map pool very fast.

While on Tuesday and Wednesday i find like 4 maps every maps.

This is getting frustrating to a point i consider not even bothering playing the damn game on friday and saturday.

Not sure if it's just bad luck but i doubt it because i have noticed this trend about 2 months ago and it never fails, ever. If it was just bad luck then the bad luck wouldn't always only happen on friday and saturday but other days of the weeks too.

Every damn weeks im pumped to do maps on friday night only to have the stupid random (or more like lack of random) ruin my night.

So if GGG really alters the drop rate of players like that I can't help but thinking how disrespectful it is. Some peoples can't play much on tuesday and wednesday.

Can we have some hindsight on this from the devs?
More time wasted trying to fight something they can't remotely stop, and this time its something insanely sketchy. Not surprised.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
sidtherat wrote:

given that i postgraduated in statistic and high-level statistical modeling (and made quite a living testing that stuff in practice) i know what random and pseudo-random is

and i also know what skewed distribution is and how easy and efficiently you can code 'surprising' rng into main-rng. when i find like 5 time more chaos orbs a day playing as little as a play than krip that plays 10hrs a day consistently for some time - ill risk saying that this is rigged/biased seed

and that makes perfect sense - if all get the same, why trade at all? also - ggg admitted to doing orb drop rate changes to test some stuff. maybe im on one of such test accounts (dear ggg: i still wont craft with these! but thanks for trying)

If you postgraduated in stats then you should know about sample size :)

I don't know about the guy you quoted but my 2 months of doing massive amounts of maps is a pretty damn big sample.

My map pool goes like this :

Tuesday --> find tons of maps and my map pool grows very fast.
Wednesday --> find even more maps to the point it's ridiculous. Need to sell half of them to make stash space.
Thursday --> Seems like a normal day.
Friday --> Find about 1 map every 2-3 maps, which quicly depletes my map pool, making me regret i sold maps on wednesday.
Saturday --> Same thing as friday.
Sunday, monday --> Seems like a normal day.

I use an alch on every single maps. This trend has been going on for about 2 months. I have played games with loot system for over 10 years now and many times i've had bad luck, good luck periods and I could always blame the random aspect of looting. But in this game it just CAN'T be RNG. How can such a trend go on for 9 straight weeks. I mean on friday i dont give up and keep doing maps thinking the "RNG" would finally favor me. But it NEVER does.

Im only talking about map drops, for any other gears i have not noticed a trend of flawed RNG.

Edit : Ok today after only 3 maps (wednesday) i already found 12 maps, including 7 maps in a single one. That has never happened to me on a friday/saturday in weeks and i have much more time to play during these days.
Last edited by Krayken on Nov 6, 2013, 7:25:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info