GGG alters drop rates to improve the economy

Everyone who has posted in this thread has now had their RNG lowered by about 75%. Hah, suckers! If you post here you are fools! FOOLS!
"
NekoHanten wrote:
so when does a video games economy have so much effect to the point they feel the need to alter drop rates isnt a game suppose to be fun and not about what drives the market etc i mean this is kind of like another game i wont dare to mention...

It is EXACTLY like d3, thats the fucking irony of it. So many d3 haters here for this exact reason, yet its ok if GGG does it, maybe this does explain how the streamers seem to have such great luck, wouldnt surprise me in the slightest. Real RNG should not be able to be changed on a individual basis, it should be across the whole game.

Bring on your little tin foil hat jokes to try and brush it off.

Kidding aside, does anyone here really think that GGG would take the time and effort required to analyze the loot trends of individual characters (excluding botters) as a means of fixing the economy through targeted RNG modifications? It doesn't make sense. And if it doesn't make sense it probably isn't true.

I think we all fully expect they may modify the general droprates of certain items and currency to keep things in check if they get out of balance, but on a character or account level? Ridiculous.
"
arkiver wrote:

Kidding aside, does anyone here really think that GGG would take the time and effort required to analyze the loot trends of individual characters (excluding botters) as a means of fixing the economy through targeted RNG modifications? It doesn't make sense. And if it doesn't make sense it probably isn't true.

I think we all fully expect they may modify the general droprates of certain items and currency to keep things in check if they get out of balance, but on a character or account level? Ridiculous.

Yes it is ridiculous.

I personally find the "Kripp gets increased drops" threads as laughable as Brian.

However, Brian saying they literally can't do this is in fact, now shown to be, wrong.
They indeed can.

People respond with "but it is a toggle, on/off, that's all".

OK, even if that is the limits of the code.
We have all seen famine and plenty, it happens so damned obviously.
RNG is RNG?

Maybe it is.

However, even with the toggle-only coding.

Player X is set to toggle always on.
Bot is set to toggle always off.
Player Y is toggled on/off at xtime interval.

Unlikely?
Yes.

"
BrianWeissman wrote:

We do not have the ability to give accounts favorable drop or currency-use status, nor would we ever enable such a thing for any reason.

?

no.
Casually casual.

The conflicting messages from GGG is incredibly disconcerting. At first they said it was not possible nor would they ever and then later they said they can and do.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim wrote:
The conflicting messages from GGG is incredibly disconcerting. At first they said it was not possible nor would they ever and then later they said they can and do.

My parents also told me Santa Claus was real. Not all lies are rooted in evil. I'm sure they put that initial front up so people wouldn't have the exact conversations being had in this thread right now.
Last edited by arkiver on Nov 6, 2013, 3:57:21 PM
"
IceM wrote:
..yet its ok if GGG does it

Except they don't.
Nothing to see here.
"
ReZar wrote:
"
IceM wrote:

Except they don't.

Because you say so right?
"
IceM wrote:
"
ReZar wrote:
"
IceM wrote:

Except they don't.

Is there any proof of them doing so except to bots?
Nothing to see here.
"
ReZar wrote:
"
IceM wrote:
"
IceM wrote:

Except they don't.

Is there any proof of them doing so except to bots?
[/quote]

Wasnt any proof of blizz doing it either, dosent mean they didnt, and everyone that actually put time into the game knows that they did. The fact that they can do it on a individual basis is enough for me to have doubt. They seem very worried about the economy, just like blizzard was about theres. Put 2 and 2 together. I bet you believe the government has everyone's best interest in mind also.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info