System Requirements for PoE is a joke

^ And did you notice by yourself that you averaged 15 fps and dipped down to low single digits quite often? If you had a team that would've been a slideshow, and you weren't even one of the builds that can most easily kill framerates (that crown went to a prenerf cast on crit setup).
Last edited by Jiero on Feb 18, 2014, 10:21:26 PM
"
Jiero wrote:
^ And did you notice by yourself that you averaged 15 fps and dipped down to low single digits quite often? If you had a team that would've been a slideshow, and you weren't even one of the builds that can most easily kill framerates (that crown went to a prenerf cast on crit setup).

The lowest was 15, i don't think I actually hit single digits. In a group in this setting, most specs wouldn't bring it down much lower. CoC doesn't do much when only 1 target present. However, it shouldn't be that low from me standing there doing nothing either.

Luckily, Dominus's tower is the worst location and how often do you find yourself there? I personally kill it on normal and cruel and never go back. So like 1% of time my frames are tanked, but rest of game is fine.
ign: Vixien
"
vixien wrote:

The lowest was 15, i don't think I actually hit single digits. In a group in this setting, most specs wouldn't bring it down much lower. CoC doesn't do much when only 1 target present. However, it shouldn't be that low from me standing there doing nothing either.

Luckily, Dominus's tower is the worst location and how often do you find yourself there? I personally kill it on normal and cruel and never go back. So like 1% of time my frames are tanked, but rest of game is fine.

I agree, with your rig + standing in place there you should be getting a lot more fps then you were getting... not having it slow down that immensely. And that it can happen somewhere means that it can happen anywhere and maybe at the worst possible times... and that would worry me immensely if I ever tried to do a skill based difficult fight or play a lot of hardcore.

You should check out shocking ground maps, it can be even worse then tower... and maybe some full parties to see how just bad it tanks your fps.
Last edited by Jiero on Feb 18, 2014, 11:31:55 PM
Update to this:

I replaced my gtx 550 ti with a gtx 770. I also increased my resolution to 1920 x 1200. previously I was getting 15 fps during the rain on dominus p2 solo.

MAX settings Dominus in the rain

Now I'm getting 40+ fps on dominus p2 solo in the rain.

Max setting + higher resolution on gtx 770

Huge upgrade in GPU obviously, but my 550 ti isn't even sold on newegg anymore and the new 750ti would probably get like 25 fps solo?

Obviously party play will lower these numbers more.
ign: Vixien
Last edited by vixien on Feb 26, 2014, 5:33:36 PM
Well, just my little feedback... Yesterday I tried it on a old laptop running Centrino Duo, 2gb, and (brace yourselves) Nvidia Quadro FX1600M (Equals to ~7900GS). Unplayable at lowest settings, which is weird because the character animations are somewhat smooth but the rest just isn't.

I'll stick to Diablo in that one, it runs at ~30fps :/
Playing at a fairly consistent 30-50 fps on highest settings at 1440p on a 5600k and a 750ti ... so yeah, this thread is silly.

Now, if you never want to have your FPS drop below 60, then yeah, you need a beefy computer.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
"
tackle70 wrote:
Playing at a fairly consistent 30-50 fps on highest settings at 1440p on a 5600k and a 750ti ... so yeah, this thread is silly.

Now, if you never want to have your FPS drop below 60, then yeah, you need a beefy computer.

What is silly about it?

IIRC path of exile began development in 2006 and your card is a midrange gpu released last month that sells for 150-200 depending on exact model. The funny thing is that by definition that the worst the game can put on the card is how you define what can run it per standards.... and since its possible to run the game on your rig at the lowest settings and STILL be below 1 fps (by running in a full team with some scenarios that are easy to replicate) that means by definition your system is still well below minimal specs.

Since your pc can be dragged to below 1 fps when you want to actually play some team games on the lowest settings so easily that means that even a gpu from last month is still below the minimal specs of this game that began production back in 2006....

that is just insane no matter how we try to spin it... nothing on the market can actually be defined as possible to run this game if we use the strictest sense of minimal requirements (which all consoles use also).

Can you name another game that requires a top of the line GPU that is at least 8 years newer then game is just to run minimal specs without hitting <1fps at any time? I sure as heck cannot think of one....
Last edited by Jiero on Mar 8, 2014, 10:40:53 PM
"
Jiero wrote:
"
tackle70 wrote:

What is silly about it?

IIRC path of exile began development in 2006 and your card is a midrange gpu released last month that sells for 150-200 depending on exact model. The funny thing is that by definition that the worst the game can put on the card is how you define what can run it per standards.... and since its possible to run the game on your rig at the lowest settings and STILL be below 1 fps (by running in a full team with some scenarios that are easy to replicate) that means by definition your system is still well below minimal specs.

Since your pc can be dragged to below 1 fps when you want to actually play some team games on the lowest settings so easily that means that even a gpu from last month is still below the minimal specs of this game that began production back in 2006....

that is just insane no matter how we try to spin it... nothing on the market can actually be defined as possible to run this game if we use the strictest sense of minimal requirements (which all consoles use also).

Can you name another game that requires a top of the line GPU that is at least 8 years newer then game is just to run minimal specs without hitting <1fps at any time? I sure as heck cannot think of one....

Please tell me when you got into my house, played on my PC, and made it get less than 1 fps? That's some serious ninja skills right there.

The 750ti is a budget card, and my CPU is junk. Minimum specs are almost always for lowest settings + 720p, but an old CPU and modern low-mid GPU is quite capable of playing highest settings + 1440p.

I don't have my old 8800 GTS anymore, but I'd be shocked if it couldn't pull 30fps at lowest settings at 720p in this game. Hell, I can play with no GPU - just my 5600k APU - at 720p lowest settings and average about 50-60fps.
Last edited by tackle70 on Mar 9, 2014, 12:28:22 AM
"
tackle70 wrote:

Please tell me when you got into my house, played on my PC, and made it get less than 1 fps? That's some serious ninja skills right there.

The 750ti is a budget card, and my CPU is junk. Minimum specs are almost always for lowest settings + 720p, but an old CPU and modern low-mid GPU is quite capable of playing highest settings + 1440p.

I don't have my old 8800 GTS anymore, but I'd be shocked if it couldn't pull 30fps at lowest settings at 720p in this game. Hell, I can play with no GPU - just my 5600k APU - at 720p lowest settings and average about 50-60fps.

CPU means nothing here unless its a single core that is slower then 3ghz or dual core less then 2ghz. And walking around melee attacking solo in city of sarn is a vastly different game then shocked ground full team with cast on crit barrage summoners (with flame curtain spectres) or full on lightning arrow spammers. (all the particle physics are gpu rendered, not cpu)

I can pull well over 100 fps (with your 60?), and in some areas more then 200 fps and yet I can be brought down below 1fps long enough to get disconnected in given party situations.... minimal specs are above that threshold in which you are no longer able to freeze the game long enough to get disconnected like that no matter what... and atm nothing (even a titan card) can meet that requirement and it IS possible to freeze the game long enough to disconnect in some situations. My friend frame limits the game to 120 fps on max settings and he can cause himself and all of us to freeze below 1fps long enough to get disconnected (and if he can, you def can be made to disconnect with ease, and he has a brand new i7 and titan 6gb).

Farming alone isn't the threshold to figure if something works because anything can work pretty much as long as your tolerance for low fps is generous enough, its those full parties of particle heavy builds on particle heavy maps that show what is really needed. And even then cpu use is minimal, ram use is minimal, gpu is maxxed out completely.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121724
so ya if this card ^ can be maxxed out and brought down below 1fps given specific situations, I'm sure that yours can be also without needing to see it myself.... thus making it not technically capable of truely running the game since no matter what you have you can be brought down below 1fps long enough to force a disconnect even on minimal settings.

I want them to optimize the particle engine so these situations can't occur so I've kept asking them to work on it... but I'm nearing the point of ceasing to bother really as new stuff is coming out that will capture my interest and I may just call it a day and find something else to play.
Last edited by Jiero on Mar 9, 2014, 3:07:07 AM
"
Jiero wrote:
"
tackle70 wrote:

CPU means nothing here unless its a single core that is slower then 3ghz or dual core less then 2ghz. And walking around melee attacking solo in city of sarn is a vastly different game then shocked ground full team with cast on crit barrage summoners (with flame curtain spectres) or full on lightning arrow spammers. (all the particle physics are gpu rendered, not cpu)

I can pull well over 100 fps (with your 60?), and in some areas more then 200 fps and yet I can be brought down below 1fps long enough to get disconnected in given party situations.... minimal specs are above that threshold in which you are no longer able to freeze the game long enough to get disconnected like that no matter what... and atm nothing (even a titan card) can meet that requirement and it IS possible to freeze the game long enough to disconnect in some situations. My friend frame limits the game to 120 fps on max settings and he can cause himself and all of us to freeze below 1fps long enough to get disconnected (and if he can, you def can be made to disconnect with ease, and he has a brand new i7 and titan 6gb).

Farming alone isn't the threshold to figure if something works because anything can work pretty much as long as your tolerance for low fps is generous enough, its those full parties of particle heavy builds on particle heavy maps that show what is really needed. And even then cpu use is minimal, ram use is minimal, gpu is maxxed out completely.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121724
so ya if this card ^ can be maxxed out and brought down below 1fps given specific situations, I'm sure that yours can be also without needing to see it myself.... thus making it not technically capable of truely running the game since no matter what you have you can be brought down below 1fps long enough to force a disconnect even on minimal settings.

I want them to optimize the particle engine so these situations can't occur so I've kept asking them to work on it... but I'm nearing the point of ceasing to bother really as new stuff is coming out that will capture my interest and I may just call it a day and find something else to play.

Something is wrong with your rig if you can make sub-30fps happen on a Titan. My Dual 780 / 2600k rig never went below 30fps even in the craziest of crazy times in 6 man parties. And I rarely see 99% GPU use on my 780.

P.S. my framerate numbers I'm giving you are the framerate during Dominus' blood rain effect.... hardly walking around Sarn.

But please, tell me more about what my computer does.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info