System Requirements for PoE is a joke

I play on a laptop with integrated graphics and it's fine.
"
munkytos wrote:
I like how you post SSD for faster loading even though its loaded server side.

SSD changes a lot of thing with PoE actually, my loadings are 4 times faster at the very least, in races this is huge for example.
And from what I see, I also just have better performances overall.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
munkytos wrote:

You have no idea what you are talking about, do you?
"
munkytos wrote:

All the graphics reside on the client side (why do you think the client is several gigs big?)

The client loading times are for some reason really long (longer than any game or program I ever had). A SSD helps a lot with that.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
"
morbo wrote:
"
munkytos wrote:

All the graphics reside on the client side (why do you think the client is several gigs big?)

The client loading times are for some reason really long (longer than any game or program I ever had). A SSD helps a lot with that.

PoE appears to load absolutely everything into RAM, which is why the loading times are so long.

Most other games load stuff from hard disk when needed
"

PoE appears to load absolutely everything into RAM, which is why the loading times are so long.

The loading times are long .... unless you have a SSD.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
I seen people with not great pc's run this game fine and insane good pcs run it like poop. my computer is fine 3.9ghz 4cores dedicated to the game alone 8gb ram, ssd,radeon hd 7850, and i cant play in groups past 3-4 no mater what they use i lag like a madman never got helepd from support always same shit they told me not that i blame them my pc runs almost all games last year and before maxed with mods ect.... if you ever buy a graphic card watch out poe does this with not only radeon i knew people who quit for same ishus i have with radeon but with nvidia. so its not just radeon but almost everyone who gets those type of insane fps drops have it sence launch open ( over 30+ that i read) but GGG doesn't ever respond to those people they gave up trying to fix the ishue and keep adding new shit pretending the games fixed.

gl hf enjoy poe while you can its still fun with lag wont last long tho.
hit me up @sarrow lets have fun :D
"
deteego wrote:
"
morbo wrote:
"
munkytos wrote:

they dont or people with litle RAM coujldent run there game, and if they DID this the game wouldn't lag evry time someone summon skeletons evry 9minutes or same with almost evryspell who is out of Ram for no reason and reloads it to create the studder you see sometimes when people use a skill they only use on occasions *immortal call is another good example of the fact that there is NO way the info is in ram and this buggy. (btw if the skeletons (who still cause fps drosp ) dont lag due to that reason then its alot worst it could even be memory leak, i wouldent be surprised ive had quite alot of those i even get blue screens when trying to tab out of poe now. NO OTHER GAME FUCKS UP, only the PoE handcrafted engine.
hit me up @sarrow lets have fun :D
thx adania for the suggestion,
i set the texture- quality and filter in the config from 1 to 2, more isnt nice to view.
this should bring a bit more stability in impressive situations.

but i think a big problem is my low ram (2gb).
POE use additional about 2gb outsourced swapfile.

i also remember a note from ggg some times ago, they had improve the preload for effects,
this was usefull.

in this threat i saw some posts about the HDD space,
indeed, when u play since a year, ur gamefiles may be up to 7gb,
but they are real about 4,5gb.

if ur experienced,
read mindfully this threat for an unofficial defragment tool:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/28060
i first used it a half year ago and my files went from 6gb to 4, game/mapload-times where nearly the half. (pls no issues about it here)

easier just download and reinstall the game.
"
Sawm wrote:

they dont or people with litle RAM coujldent run there game, and if they DID this the game wouldn't lag evry time someone summon skeletons evry 9minutes or same with almost evryspell who is out of Ram for no reason and reloads it to create the studder you see sometimes when people use a skill they only use on occasions *immortal call is another good example of the fact that there is NO way the info is in ram and this buggy. (btw if the skeletons (who still cause fps drosp ) dont lag due to that reason then its alot worst it could even be memory leak, i wouldent be surprised ive had quite alot of those i even get blue screens when trying to tab out of poe now. NO OTHER GAME FUCKS UP, only the PoE handcrafted engine.

That hiccup you are experiencing is it having to load from the swapfile since your ram is full. HDs are slow. Swapfiles act as virtual ram which is stored on your hd. Windows will "swap" anything out of the ram that hasnt been used in a while to the disk to try and keep used things in the active ram, which is MUCH faster. However, its not very good at predicting what WILL be needed soon. So it often gets caught with its pants down and has to pull it off the hd.
HAIL SATAN!
Last edited by tramshed on Feb 13, 2014, 1:31:09 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info