System Requirements for PoE is a joke

Hi,

I have Dell Inspiron 7577

My specs are.

Intel i7 - 7th gen 7700HQ
Nvidia GTX 1050Ti
8GB RAM DDR4 2400Mhz

I have a 5MPBS Internet speed which I believe is slow.

Do I have to upgrade my RAM or Internet connection?
"
mudflips wrote:
"
MGTopgun wrote:
At the end, you need a high end gaming PC for playing PoE. Witch is sad but true.

Spoiler
"
MGTopgun wrote:
Witch is sad but true.

Spoiler
"
MGTopgun wrote:
Witch

Spoiler

Well played, sir.

Well played.
Hilariously, the requirements as listed in the OP on October 20th, 2013 are exactly the same as what they are listed as on March 4th, 2018.

I know some fanboy is going to pop in here and say something to the effect of "Minimum requirements are what you need for the game to load up, not for it to be playable. Slideshows are within the acceptable parameters!" I call bullshit on that right now, so don't even bother posting it, Mr. White Knight.

This thread keeps getting bumped or necroed, so I don't understand why GGG is unwilling or unable to update the published system requirements to something more realistic. They also really should add a "recommended requirements" section, for full transparency and honesty.

Transparency and honesty, and the goodwill they engender, are good for business.
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
Spiderwire wrote:
"
MGTopgun wrote:
Minimum:
Processor: x86-compatible 1.4GHz or faster processor
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800 GT or ATI Radeon™ X1950 Pro or better
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 5 GB available space

Source is from Steam PoE page.

i think this needs to be updated. Something like

Processor: intel-7 or faster processor
Memory: 8GM RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 770 GTX or ATI Radeon HD 7970 or better
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 10GB Available space and an SSD for faster loading.

At the end, you need a high end gaming PC for playing PoE. Witch is sad but true.

Edit: Wonder why they didnt post a maximum specs to play this game on max and enjoy it in parties. I know, what ever you buy you will get fps drop.

LOL

This game needs DX 9.0c to run, what's so funny about that? (Granted, those cards can all do DX11 but still)

Also, I don't know what he's talking about, I could play fine on a dual-core Pentium at 3.2GHz at 60+ FPS with a GTX 660 Ti (weaker than the 770) and, although at worse settings, a 1.4GHz A6-3400M with a 6520G as its integrated graphics.
"
gibbousmoon wrote:
Hilariously, the requirements as listed in the OP on October 20th, 2013 are exactly the same as what they are listed as on March 4th, 2018.

I know some fanboy is going to pop in here and say something to the effect of "Minimum requirements are what you need for the game to load up, not for it to be playable. Slideshows are within the acceptable parameters!" I call bullshit on that right now, so don't even bother posting it, Mr. White Knight.

This thread keeps getting bumped or necroed, so I don't understand why GGG is unwilling or unable to update the published system requirements to something more realistic. They also really should add a "recommended requirements" section, for full transparency and honesty.

Transparency and honesty, and the goodwill they engender, are good for business.

I'd say that they won't do it, like, never.
When players meeting the recommended settings (and far more than than) will actually experience lags or FPS drops even then, that'd point out to a badly optimized game engine.
Which is actually a bad thing for the developers... right?
"
Pajdovo wrote:
"
gibbousmoon wrote:

I'd say that they won't do it, like, never.
When players meeting the recommended settings (and far more than than) will actually experience lags or FPS drops even then, that'd point out to a badly optimized game engine.
Which is actually a bad thing for the developers... right?

Frankly, I think GGG had the integrity to fix this situation. The fact that it hadn't been fixed was more likely due to inattention than to malice.

Now the entire situation is different. Tencent is running the show, and they have a far less, erm, "savory" reputation than GGG did. 100% accurate system reqs are great for goodwill, but not as great for profits. So yes, I can only agree with your statement that

"I'd say that they won't do it, like, never."
Wash your hands, Exile!
"
MGTopgun wrote:
Processor: intel-7 or faster processor

lol, i7 isn't a speed, it's a marketing gimmick. You'd still have plenty of problems on this one, for example.

https://ark.intel.com/products/37147/Intel-Core-i7-920-Processor-8M-Cache-2_66-GHz-4_80-GTs-Intel-QPI

"
Memory: 8GM RAM

Grams?? xD

"
Hard Drive: 10GB Available space and an SSD for faster loading.

To update this a little, nowadays we need more than 12GB just for the GGPK. If nothing else, this should *definitely* be updated in the min requirements!

"
At the end, you need a high end gaming PC for playing PoE.

Nope, I play on a pentium (the only 'i' on it is before the u and m there) and a 10-year-old 9500GT... it's not very good, but it plays. SSD still makes a hell of a difference, by the way.
Min requirements are not the comfortable requirements. This is true for any game for years and years.
Censored.
Meanwhile, Grim Dawn run smoothly even on 15-year-old PC...
And PoE lags even on modern PC.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
They probably should update those requirements but as its a free game I dont see it as a major issue
I dont see any any key!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info