System Requirements for PoE is a joke

"
qwertazx wrote:
"
MGTopgun wrote:

ATI Radeon HD 7970 or better

belive it or not u still gonna have fps drops

I believe it because what ever you buy you will have fps drops. But with that GPU you can play what ever you want on max. But not PoE i guess D:
http://www.myit-media.de/the_end.html
my work PC has a 3.06 dual core which is like 4 years old,and a 5670 HD gpu,also 3 or 4 years old,it runs PoE at 60 fps in 1080 p.(the framerate does drop for parties though).
It's an indie dev with an inhouse engine,what do you expect?
Minimum specs are minimum so that the game will boot. For a full-blown party with sporkers, summoners and ice shooters, you need one of those wardrobes, the Pentagon uses for simulating nuculer essplosions.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Minimum requirements are just what it says: minimum. Have you ever tried to play with a rig that doesn't meet the minimum requirements? It doesn't work. At all. What I mean is when you run the executable it says "Hardware not supported" or something similar.

The actual performance you see depends on many things, where your specs are just one of many. All these will negatively affect performance and have nothing to do with hardware: background applications and their settings, nonoptimized Windows services and other system settings, disc fragmentation (in case of HDDs), high rig temperatures etc. etc. I've worked on a company that optimizes these things for home and office users and I've seen shit you wouldn't believe.
Last edited by Alhoon on Oct 20, 2013, 11:26:19 AM
"
Alhoon wrote:
Minimum requirements are just what it says: minimum. Have you ever tried to play with a rig that doesn't meet the minimum requirements? It doesn't work. At all. What I mean is when you run the executable it says "Hardware not supported" or something similar.

The actual performance you see depends on many things, where your specs are just one of many. All these will negatively affect performance and have nothing to do with hardware: background applications and their settings, nonoptimized Windows services and other system settings, disc fragmentation (in case of HDDs), high rig temperatures etc. etc. I've worked on a company that optimizes these things for home and office users and I've seen shit you wouldn't believe.

Meh.. anyone who has barebones knowledge of simple pc maintenance won't be encountering any of these issues though. It's pretty much just about your specs and the optimisation of the game, and in this case it is clearly the game that is causing the problems.
''Stand amongst the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters.
The silence is your answer.''

IGN: Vaeralyse
Last edited by Tagek on Oct 20, 2013, 11:27:41 AM
funny enough that the minimum specs are still higher then you need... i was running this game on an integrated Intel card on 2004 laptop, was able to do runs with around 30fps
"
mudflips wrote:
"
MGTopgun wrote:
At the end, you need a high end gaming PC for playing PoE. Witch is sad but true.

Spoiler
"
MGTopgun wrote:
Witch is sad but true.

Spoiler
"
MGTopgun wrote:
Witch

Spoiler

Lol..my thoughts exactly.
IGN: Standard: Feugue, Domination: KaomsDisciple
"
Tagek wrote:
Well those minimum requirements are quite the joke..

But then again, all minimum requirements for games are always a joke.
I remember reading that crysis had a 2,8 ghz pentium 4 as its minimum cpu requirement.
I'd be surprised if you managed to get above 10 fps with that.

You should read minimum requirements as ''Minimum computer specs where the game won't just refuse to even start up'' rather than ''Specs that will actually play the game at any kind of reasonable fps''.
Pretty much this. Minimum specs are always like this.
"
MGTopgun wrote:
Minimum:
Processor: x86-compatible 1.4GHz or faster processor
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® 7800 GT or ATI Radeon™ X1950 Pro or better
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 5 GB available space

Source is from Steam PoE page.

i think this needs to be updated. Something like

Processor: intel-7 or faster processor
Memory: 8GM RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 770 GTX or ATI Radeon HD 7970 or better
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 10GB Available space and an SSD for faster loading.

At the end, you need a high end gaming PC for playing PoE. Witch is sad but true.

Edit: Wonder why they didnt post a maximum specs to play this game on max and enjoy it in parties. I know, what ever you buy you will get fps drop.

I have a pc with 2.6 core duo
Gt430
2Gb ram

And can run it all on high with no prob.

Care to make more lame posts like these?
Bye bye desync!
the key word is minimum your key word is maximum some people dont have the money to drop for parts.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info