Hard Drive: 5 GB available space

Source is from Steam PoE page.

i think this needs to be updated. Something like

Processor: intel-7 or faster processor
Memory: 8GM RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 770 GTX or ATI Radeon HD 7970 or better
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 10GB Available space and an SSD for faster loading.

At the end, you need a high end gaming PC for playing PoE. Witch is sad but true.

Edit: Wonder why they didnt post a maximum specs to play this game on max and enjoy it in parties. I know, what ever you buy you will get fps drop.

sure, the space is incorrect, I think mine is at about 7gb or so.

The rest, I hardly doubt it. I've played it on cards with less than 1gb of ram.

And with the settings all the way down, it's pretty capable on lower end machines.

VI
From what I've found out so far, the biggest graphic problem is with ATI Radeon GPU's.

I have a 7670M with an AMD Quad Core CPU, played D3, Titan Quest, Sins of a Solar Empire, etc. on stable 50-60 FPS with mid-max-high settings.

Yet here, I tried texture quality thingy, set it on 8, it looks so bad that one would say the game is from '93. Absolute crap from graphic, and it still lags the same with maxed out settings.

And yes, I decided to play with maxed out settings and enjoy my party plays with an average of 3 FPS, with screen freezes of 1-3 sec in, lets say, Crematorium boss room with double boss.

Even ATI Radeon GPU's that are far batter (double, or more) have the same lag issues, yet a guy with a shitty NVidia GPU runs game in min settings and has no lag issues.

Pretty sad indeed.
Last edited by tinko92 on Dec 29, 2013, 4:34:48 AM
hi, i run a amd64x2 6000+, 2gb ram with a ati 4890 1gb.
today i died to a "bringer of bones" nem mod boss, it was really laggy for my pc.
my settings are the possible lowest.
i recognized it, when act 3 was able to play, some areas in marketplace slow down my fps a lot, caused to the shadows!
so i turned them off, never had a prob with it in act 1/2.
then the dominus fight, and places before, the maschine in background.
im ok with it, many users run a way better pc than mine,
but please GGG, also take care for a smooth programming, thx ur great.
core2duo 6750
2gb ram
660gtx
ssd
win7 64bit

runs smoothly with every graphics setting on high (AA included) except for shadows (completely disabled) and post processing

shadows are real resource hogs, no post processing is obviously because of my very old CPU

very important note: I don't play in 6 man groups (but I do run with lots of spammy totems/spectres, if that's any consolation)
Got a GeForce GTX 780 superclocked:

Playing at 1920x1200 with maxed out graphics, full AA / 16x AF and driver-enabled ambient occlusion. I can still get below 30 fps even when playing solo under the right circumstances. What really kills performance is multiple overlapping effects like burning ground along with things like frost nova and other AoE-heavy effects all the while you're slashing away with Bringer of Rain (it has extra gore effects). In town the FPS is well over 250 but when people start using skills it tanks massively.

It's kind of a sad how a GPU like the GTX780 can still lag when playing solo considering it's one of the most powerful GPU's currently on the market (and PoE is already few years old). It can easily run Battlefield 4 completely maxed out on servers with tons of players.

edit:

Also, I don't have an SSD so when I start up the game I am literally waiting 2 minutes for the damn thing to start up to the menu. It's really annoying.
vaal or no balls
Last edited by QueenTakesKnight on Feb 3, 2014, 5:11:17 PM
My computer is from 2005

Specs :

Intel Pentium D CPU 3.00GHz

2GB RAM

Nvidia 9400 GT - 512mb

80GB HDD

If i can run this game on this piece of crap, then the game is fine.

Edit: 18mb/s internet (30ms average ingame)

FPS average : 20

Graphic settings : Texture Quality 5 (Very Very Low if was on menu - edited in game files to reach this low)
adania/93 --- ElementalNecro/91 --- GwanSauceMan/90
ScionFakeWitch/88 --- WikiWikiWitch/87 --- LArrowToTheKnee/83
Lethal_Injection/80
[b color="#FE2EC8"][b color="#FFAC12"][/b]
Last edited by adania on Feb 3, 2014, 5:15:22 PM
Coming from a AMD user here's what I consider minimum;

Dual core 64 bit
2 gb RAM
GPU in a card, not on MB sharing ram, 1gb VRAM

If you want to run it on a AMD Laptop;

Quad Core
8gb RAM
highest grade video possible
You might still have issues in groups.
There comes a time thief when jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses it's luster, throne room becomes a prison, and all that's left is a father's love for his child. - King Osric
I haz I7 980, 12 Gb ram, SSDs and SLI GTX 680s @ GTX 770 speeds.

The game still lags in parties with lots of skill effects.

I've even managed to get the game barely running at 5 FPS by abusing Nvidia Inspector and super stupid levels of SSAA.

You can never have enough power, but no way in hell am I paying how much the current top end cards cost (got my GTX 680s after massive price cuts when the GTX 770 launched).
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
Well for 80% of the people that play who sit in trade and flip all day works for them right.
I like how you post SSD for faster loading even though its loaded server side.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info