A POE “Horror Story”!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"
"
exsea wrote:
i wanted to use AHK but ultimately decided not to.

i hate having to rely on external software. its so much so that i actually printed a lab layout back in affliction league as i didnt like having to rely on an overlay.

the stakes are too high for me to lose my account.

in fact i dont even use poe awakened. i have it installed tho but rarely ever use it.

I would uninstall Awakened POE if i were you....as you said, the stakes are just too high. Just know this, the company you are investing in GGG is an evil dictatorship that cares nothing about you and if they want to ban you for any reason (without justification, warning, or explanation) they can and will do so.

i hope no one pours hundreds of dollars into the game like i did and then gets banned and ignored and ends up taking their own life in depression, because GGG would then be liable for their death - and no jury would defend their reprehensible treatment of their customers.

I've used it for years along with the entire player base.

You got banned for something else not awakening LOL stop.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
"
exsea wrote:

i hate having to rely on external software. its so much so that i actually printed a lab layout back in affliction league as i didnt like having to rely on an overlay.

in fact i dont even use poe awakened. i have it installed tho but rarely ever use it.

I would uninstall Awakened POE if i were you....as you said, the stakes are just too high. Just know this, the company you are investing in GGG is an evil dictatorship that cares nothing about you and if they want to ban you for any reason (without justification, warning, or explanation) they can and will do so.

i hope no one pours hundreds of dollars into the game like i did and then gets banned and ignored and ends up taking their own life in depression, because GGG would then be liable for their death - and no jury would defend their reprehensible treatment of their customers.

as much as i have a dislike towards GGG on how they have been handling standard and how they handled the separation of POE1 from 2 AND as much as i understand how frustrating it is to lose an account like that, i still would want to give them some benefit of doubt rather than calling them evil outright.

speaking of which. i should refresh my pc.
[Removed by Support]
Yup, so many people do it on stream with video proof so the guy is lying, they are using some nefarious software.

Of course GGG wouldn't say anything back to them, then that lets the hackers know their software was tipped off and reprogram it.

"Just goes to show your complete lack of knowledge on the matter. If you had any actual experience with melee" -Melee "Expert"
"

Very well, so I am guilty of not reading the Terms of Service very closely...guess what...you didn't read it either!!!! No one reads those legalities when they sign up to play a game.

Please don't speak for me. I actually do read those documents, especially when I want to try some type of 3rd party software. And doubly so with a game that I maybe spent a lot of money on...why in the world would I risk my account if I invested in that account?

Whenever I have an inkling to download a secondary program without any real idea what it actually does (ie: awakened trade, lab compass, others), the very first thing I do is read the FAQ. With each program, there is ALWAYS a "can you get banned for using this" section.

We as players are reminded time and time again, in every direction, that we "use at our own risk". You even admitted to that already in this thread. It doesn't happen just once. It's a shame that you were one of the unlucky ones that got hit with the ban wave.

Whether or not its "right" or "wrong" is irrelevant. They have documented rules and those rules were broken. Like you said, it's a game, a FREE game; the company can and will do whatever they want and you basically have no power or recourse. If you spend hundreds of dollars and do risky things (like not reading the documentation), that's on you and not the game rules. Ignorance is not a defense.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Aug 21, 2024, 10:44:52 PM
Trade software alone already makes GGG and their ToS look like bunch of double-standard hypocrites. They forbid using software to "gain advantage over other players", and every price checker and bulk trading service does just that in a game where trade is 80% of your income.

There is widespread opinion that GGG had intentionally made vanilla trade system slow and uncomfortable to use, to reduce trade impact on player progression. Guess what, it failed, people made their own tools and proceeded to use them on such a scale that GGG gave up and pretends those tools do not exist.

Regardless of whether or not OP is telling the truth about what he was using, GGG needs to clean their own hands first:

1) Expensive, but better solution: admit the reality and implement all those trade services into the game, so average player won't need to use extra tools, and true botters/cheaters will remain only ones with 3rd party software, which will make fighting the latter easier too.

2) Cheaper solution: partially admit the reality and change ToS or release clear official statement about what tools are allowed, and update this statement every time a tool gets an update from its creators (yeah, this will make GGG look like noobs who cannot handle their own game QoL, but they brought it on themselves).

If GGG doesn't do either of the above, they should ban most of their playerbase for using trading tools, according to the ToS.
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
"

Very well, so I am guilty of not reading the Terms of Service very closely...guess what...you didn't read it either!!!! No one reads those legalities when they sign up to play a game.

Please don't speak for me. I actually do read those documents, especially when I want to try some type of 3rd party software. And doubly so with a game that I maybe spent a lot of money on...why in the world would I risk my account if I invested in that account?

Whenever I have an inkling to download a secondary program without any real idea what it actually does (ie: awakened trade, lab compass, others), the very first thing I do is read the FAQ. With each program, there is ALWAYS a "can you get banned for using this" section.

We as players are reminded time and time again, in every direction, that we "use at our own risk". You even admitted to that already in this thread. It doesn't happen just once. It's a shame that you were one of the unlucky ones that got hit with the ban wave.

Whether or not its "right" or "wrong" is irrelevant. They have documented rules and those rules were broken. Like you said, it's a game, a FREE game; the company can and will do whatever they want and you basically have no power or recourse. If you spend hundreds of dollars and do risky things (like not reading the documentation), that's on you and not the game rules. Ignorance is not a defense.

ok, some fair points, but still its a problem, because they FORCE you to sign it in order to play, so you have NO CHOICE but to agree to whatever they put in there if you want to play.

What you are saying is, "the TOS says that they have the right to beat you with a hammer, and you agreed to that, and now that they have beaten you with a hammer you are complaining, so what's wrong with you?"

But what I am saying is that itis not right and ethical to beat a person with a hammer when they haven't done anything wrong. Or if they did do something wrong, a stern warning would be in order.

I still am not convinced that I did anything wrong, and they won't tell me what I did other than three words, "Third Party Software".....so, who knows if its reasonable or not?

"
Coconutdoggy wrote:
"
"
exsea wrote:

I've used it for years along with the entire player base.

You got banned for something else not awakening LOL stop.

Well, i encourage you to read the entire post and tell me what i got banned for, because i actually don't know, and no one at GGG will tell me. All i have is three words, "Third Party Software." I was given no warning, and no further explanation. As i said previously, the only Third Party Software I am aware of that i use is Filter Blade, Wealthy Exile, Path of Building, and Awakened POE and nothing else. Everyone in my guild uses the same programs, and probably 99% of players use one or more.

Since GGG won't be helpful and interact with me at all, I am in the dark as to why i was actually banned and this is a HORRIBLE way to treat an honest and valued customer who had previously spent HUNDREDS of dollars on the game. . . .banned for the game for life with no explanation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

At any case you should ask two people:
-Your little brother or alter ego if he downloaded software that Autoloots in Poe or some such unethical thing, you could also check yourself if any additional thing popped up.
-Your lawyer, as far as i know EU-Law outwheighs that floppy ToS devs tend to add to their programms which coincidentially allows them to do for ex even murder. Not like that ToS is some sort of proper paperwork more like a skip down and press button thing.

And yes, the EU tends to be THE bully in situations where you have absolutely no clue why your purchases were rendered useless without explanation, because they have a bigger hammer.
Just imagine, a game about trading getting into beef with the biggest trader.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
Last edited by Lachdanan on Aug 22, 2024, 10:01:45 AM
"
Lachdanan wrote:
At any case you should ask two people:
-Your little brother or alter ego if he downloaded software that Autoloots in Poe or some such unethical thing, you could also check yourself if any additional thing popped up.
-Your lawyer, as far as i know EU-Law outwheighs that floppy ToS devs tend to add to their programms which coincidentially allows them to do for ex even murder. Not like that ToS is some sort of proper paperwork more like a skip down and press button thing.

And yes, the EU tends to be THE bully in situations where you have absolutely no clue why your purchases were rendered useless without explanation, because they have a bigger hammer.
Just imagine, a game about trading getting into beef with the biggest trader.

But GGG is based in New Zealand...what would the EU have to do with them?
Of course you have no choice but to accept their terms to play THEIR product!!!!!! What kind of comment is that?!?!?!

They are protecting themselves and their property as much as you feel they are punishing you. Millions upon millions of dollars have gone into the development and release of this game, you bet your ass they are going to make you agree to things before being allowed to use it. Not to mention that since the game is released and operated internationally, it crosses over dozens of different systems of laws.

And THANK GOD you have an actual document to read and sign. You do realize that society is run on "unspoken" agreements known as laws? It would be fantastic if, once you turn 18 (or legal adult age), you are presented with a document that lists all of your responsibilities as an adult in society. But even though that doesn't happen, you are still responsible for it.

Regarding some comments on "money-spent = preferential treatment" warnings: uh....no. The game is FREE; any money spent is by your choice. It is not forced, it is not required, and it buys you no "special" status among the playerbase. (at least....it shouldn't).

There is luck at play here, too. GGG might have decided to initiate a ban wave and ban every 10th player they detect. Who knows? And who really cares? They can do what they want with those who break their rules.

There is one simple solution: if you don't want to be at risk for ban, just play the goddamn game! "But everyone else is doing it!!!!" is NOT a defense. One of the first things parents tell their kids growing up: If everyone else jumped off a bridge, would you follow them?

There are many faults with the game. There are 3rd party programs that help cover those faults. But if you spent any amount of money/time you are afraid to lose then the answer is simple. Trust the GAME, not the unknown software on the side. Believe it or not, PoE continues to function well and thrive....without the use of ANY 3rd party tools.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Aug 22, 2024, 12:41:00 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info