A POE “Horror Story”!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm with you my man, I'm in the same situation.. Been playing the game since Perandus league always using the same setup doing PoB and Awakened when it came out.. Now I got banned for using Third party software and the support is impossible to get any answer from..

I used this based off of just everyone else using it and I haven´t even heard anyone get banned using it, top streamers using it openly and they don't get banned? Which for me is a big red flag for GGG and how they take care of their community, really treating their player base differently.. I mean I barely use Awakened just sometimes when I'm finding it hard to price an item mostly it's just there in the background which might be ignorant of me.. However if everyone is using it (90%?) I don´t see why this would give me an advantage like it states in Chapter 7 in their ToS.

Just bothers me that I was given no warning (who even reads ToS cmon people??) and not everyone using it is banned..

I´ve been a huge fan of PoE and GGG ever since but that really changed now.
I find it hard to motivate me to continue supporting them but the game is so damn good....
They are definitely using AI. I emailed in and every time, within 4 minutes they had a response that was clearly cut and paste or ai. There's just no way
"
Ayxera wrote:
They are definitely using AI. I emailed in and every time, within 4 minutes they had a response that was clearly cut and paste or ai. There's just no way

Maybe they need to use AI, I've been banned for about 60 days due to human error.

The AI would at least read my plain text in full before processing the data and making a pretty (permanent in most cases) judgement to the point support will just ignore you after a certain amount of communication back and forth even if they're in the wrong.

Mistakes happen and if there's no system to handle that then shame on you GGG with investments by your players as much as 10 YEARS you can certainly do better.
Innocence forgives you
Last edited by SilentSymphony on Aug 21, 2024, 7:03:48 PM
"
I'm with you my man, I'm in the same situation.. Been playing the game since Perandus league always using the same setup doing PoB and Awakened when it came out.. Now I got banned for using Third party software and the support is impossible to get any answer from..

I used this based off of just everyone else using it and I haven´t even heard anyone get banned using it, top streamers using it openly and they don't get banned? Which for me is a big red flag for GGG and how they take care of their community, really treating their player base differently.. I mean I barely use Awakened just sometimes when I'm finding it hard to price an item mostly it's just there in the background which might be ignorant of me.. However if everyone is using it (90%?) I don´t see why this would give me an advantage like it states in Chapter 7 in their ToS.

Just bothers me that I was given no warning (who even reads ToS cmon people??) and not everyone using it is banned..

I´ve been a huge fan of PoE and GGG ever since but that really changed now.
I find it hard to motivate me to continue supporting them but the game is so damn good....

Dude, I am so sorry and this REALLY sucks...i don't understand how the GGG Company believes this is a good way to do business. Just change the policy to give people a warning. if i had received a message saying, "Dear XXXX, you are using a program that is doing something strange to our servers, please stop using it or we will ban you..." then i would have done so immediately!!! However, they did not do that....no warning....just a lifetime ban.

it's pretty ridiculous....but what can we do??????
"
Rule #1 in Customer Service is: The customer is always right, don't do anything to piss off the customer. . .And these guys are literally CHASING ME AWAY.

No, that is not correct. And this is a good way to run your business into the ground. There is no business that runs on a bunch of yes men and succeeds at any level.
"Just goes to show your complete lack of knowledge on the matter. If you had any actual experience with melee" -Melee "Expert"
I think you are missing the point of the post....you just picked out one part of my post and focused too much on it.

The point is that they banned me (and several others) when they could have just given a simple warning, and they could have kept us as customers. I spent hundreds of dollars on the game, and I would have continued to spend, but now, I am no longer a customer and they are losing revenue because of it. And YES, that is bad for business.
"
Mashgesture wrote:
"
Rule #1 in Customer Service is: The customer is always right, don't do anything to piss off the customer. . .And these guys are literally CHASING ME AWAY.

No, that is not correct. And this is a good way to run your business into the ground. There is no business that runs on a bunch of yes men and succeeds at any level.

I think you are missing the point of the post....you just picked out one part of my post and focused too much on it.

The point is that they banned me (and several others) when they could have just given a simple warning, and they could have kept us as customers. I spent hundreds of dollars on the game, and I would have continued to spend, but now, I am no longer a customer and they are losing revenue because of it. And YES, that is bad for business.
"
You are not alone.

The bans are hitting the wrong people

this was my appeal
->POV you are me, you suck at the game, and you are Perma stuck lvl 95 bc u can't stop dying to expedition mobs.

I am not a super elite hacker, I had to wipe my PC fresh not too long ago due to corruption issues related to modded Minecraft, I am very confident in saying you are either banning me for poe awakened/path of building (which I highly doubt), or you are banning me for vanguard anti-cheat.

If I wanted to play the game again, I don't think I could, as if it 'really' wasn't Vanguard that got me banned, I have actually no clue what did it.

Do you want evidence to prove I'm 'not' guilty? . ? .? I don't think that is actually possible without me recording the screen (Which is also bannable by your TOS).

I understand it's company policy to not reply to messages like this, I imagine your devs are probably sitting in a room with popcorn reading messages like this. This response is mostly so I can stop thinking about the ban (I probably won't, because it really really sucks). Even if you never unban/msg me ever again, you NEED to have some catch in your anti-cheat for Vanguard, I'm not going to pretend for a second that I am guilty of anything I was accused of.

Thanks for the mental pain, at least I got into the closed beta for deadlock to ease it. This is my steam account, I have never been banned and you guys are fools for banning me for the work of a 3rd party.

*I showed a picture of my account but here is a url
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198030611641/

I'm really sorry, my friend...it sounds like you have also been unfairly treated by GGG...this really stinks!!!! I wish they had a system where they gave folks some kind of warning, but i guess that requires too much work and it is far easier to just randomly ban folks.

They are losing money by not having me as a player, but I guess they don't seem to care about revenue these days.
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
Here it is plain and simple:

If you are using ANY 3rd party software that takes information from the game....you are at risk for a ban. Period. End of story. They are illegal by the ToS, regardless of what fellow players and streamers tell you. It is VERY clear.

The way their detection software works is likely VERY simple. It detects when anything outside of the game has some (whatever it is) effect on game data. This could be anything from retrieving data, to altering data, to performing actions impossible within the game data, to any number of things I haven't thought of.

This detection (likely) does not give GGG any information on the program used, or what it did. It simply sets off a flag. That's why they are not giving you any more information or hearing your pleas. It doesn't matter to them, nor do they have any additional information to share or argue.

I want to be clear: no matter what you have heard, or what you might think....ALL 3rd party software that uses game data in any way is against the ToS, plain and simple. And it is entirely at the discretion of GGG when a certain program crosses their arbitrary line of the day. When you use a program like Wealthy Exile or Awakened, you have already "read" the warnings on BOTH the program itself and PoE telling you that you could be banned for using it. There is documentation on everything that spells out exactly what COULD happen to your account should you use the program.

Ex: Directly from the download FAQ for Awakened Trade:

"Is this app approved by GGG? Can I get banned for using it?
There are no approved apps created by community. If app complies with the game ToS, does one server action per button press and doesn't interact with the game client itself (injecting into the process, changing the process memory aka cheats) it can be considered safe.
If you get banned, the first action is to Contact Support"

No approved apps + one server action per press + "considered" safe + (but) if you are banned. Tells you straight up there is a risk, it is not approved, and bans happen. "considered safe" is also a very weak defense of a program that the first line says is "not approved".

Also the line "Interact with the Game Client" that comes from ToS: all of these 3rd party softwares HAVE to interact with the game client. That's why there are requirements on how to run them and the game at the same time.

Very well, so I am guilty of not reading the Terms of Service very closely...guess what...you didn't read it either!!!! No one reads those legalities when they sign up to play a game.

Here's the main issue at this point, is it just/reasonable to ban someone without warning....one strike and you're out, when you didn't even realize someone was pitching to you??

Wouldn't it make more sense to send me a message like, "Dear XXXX, you are using a program that is doing something strange to our servers, please stop using it or we will ban you..." then I would have done so immediately!!! However, they did not do that....no warning....just a lifetime ban with no explanation of what I even did wrong...what kind of psycho company treats people that way?????

"
plz wrote:
Gets banned for using third party software. Admits to using third party software. Why does this thread exist? And in feedback and suggestions, no less.

I suggest not using third party software.

How about this then...I SUGGEST that GGG switch to a system where they give loyal players, who have never done anything wrong for 4 years and have spent hundreds of dollars on their game, a WARNING before giving them a LIFETIME BAN without explanation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There, are you satisfied now?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info