A POE “Horror Story”!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hear hear, folks! Echothesis is here to teach us all about NZ law!

This simplistic view on physical ownership doesn't work, Echo. With live service games you don't buy a physical product that you own. You have a license to use the software. The company may revoke your license to access the software at a moment's notice if you are found in violation of the ToS.

But you know this already, don't you? Why the farce?

And what's with the "they need to add these 3rd party features to PoE" tangent? OP is downright lying about the reason they got banned and you try to piggyback off that? Jeez.
The opposite of knowledge is not illiteracy, but the illusion of knowledge.
Last edited by ArtCrusade on Aug 23, 2024, 12:30:20 PM
"
Echothesis wrote:
Okay, let's say you bought yourself a dinner, paid for it, but before you could eat it, bar owner threw you out because he didn't like something you've said. You have no right to force him to let you back in, but you can demand your money back, and resort to 3rd party arbiters for that. Because buying a dinner was an agreement, which he chose to break.

Yea but that doesn't apply to this thread. Or reality quite honestly, sue over a meal isn't happening.

TOS was broken. They were banned for it.

Also

Transactions are final through xsolla and non refundable.

So no your comparison is still terrible.

Also they enjoyed the use of their supporter packs and microtransactions, not denied them after purchase.

So its just terrible all around.
"Just goes to show your complete lack of knowledge on the matter. If you had any actual experience with melee" -Melee "Expert"
Last edited by Mashgesture on Aug 23, 2024, 12:47:18 PM
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

This simplistic view on physical ownership doesn't work, Echo. With live service games you don't buy a physical product that you own. You have a license to use the software. The company may revoke your license to access the software at a moment's notice if you are found in violation of the ToS.

And what's with the "they need to add these 3rd party features to PoE" tangent? OP is downright lying about the reason they got banned and you try to piggyback off that? Jeez.

Actually, who says that I violated anything. i don't believe I did. . .and GGG won't tell me anything. So, I'm apparently guilty SOLELEY BECAUSE THEY SAID SO. And I (and all of us) are supposed to trust them, because they said so.

That isn't right.

But you (and several others) can laugh your butt off all you want, until one day they ban you (maybe by mistake) and then you find yourself in my situation and then feel my frustration.

Oh and before you reply immaturely with a comment like, "no, I will never be banned because I will never violate the TOS," consider that I did not violate the TOS either, AND I STILL GOT BANNED!!!
"

You can't morally say, "if you play our game, we have the right to ban you at our discretion without explanation and you have no recourse." How does a player know/verify that he was banned for a legitimate purpose?

[Removed by Support]

You are missing VERY key things here. Which others have alluded to as well in the last page.

GGG and PoE are not bound by overarching "fairness" or "freedoms". They designed and released a product that they have FULL CONTROL over. You have no power in this argument. Plus, you already KNOW that you were banned for a legitimate purpose. You were not playing the game ONLY....you had multiple 3rd party softwares installed, all of which warn you that you could be banend for using them.

The only 100% legitimate way to interact with a game is to 1) download/buy the game and 2) play the game. For as long as computer games existed, this has been true. Even "modding" D2 and older games TECHNICALLY wasn't allowed and could get you banned from your accounts. But because there were single player versions, this wasn't policed. And security was atrocious anyway.

Morality, fairness, etc. It is all irrelevant. They offered a warning in the form of documentation, and then followed through on their chosen path of punishment. Remember: the PRODUCT is 100% free. They aren't stealing from you, they aren't monetarily disadvantaging you in any way. They are simply banning you from using their product, which they can actually do even WITHOUT reason.

I don't presume to know law all across the world, that isn't important to this argument at all. You aren't dealing with "law": that was merely used as a comparison. When you purchase and run a product such as a game, you agree to the creator's rules. They have every right to do whatever they want the second you sign in.

Here's a personal anecdote: I used to be into afk games. I would spend lots of money on afk games. But.....those games tend to SHUT DOWN COMPLETELY without any warning because the game developer decides to no longer support the servers. Guess how much power I have in that situation? ZERO! It's their game, it's their software, it's their power and right. Players, regardless of investment, get a "This game will shut down all services in two weeks. Sorry for the inconvenience"
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Aug 23, 2024, 1:56:26 PM
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
"

You can't morally say, "if you play our game, we have the right to ban you at our discretion without explanation and you have no recourse." How does a player know/verify that he was banned for a legitimate purpose?

[Removed by Support]

You are missing VERY key things here. Which others have alluded to as well in the last page.

GGG and PoE are not bound by overarching "fairness" or "freedoms". They designed and released a product that they have FULL CONTROL over. You have no power in this argument. Plus, you already KNOW that you were banned for a legitimate purpose. You were not playing the game ONLY....you had multiple 3rd party softwares installed, all of which warn you that you could be banend for using them.

The only 100% legitimate way to interact with a game is to 1) download/buy the game and 2) play the game. For as long as computer games existed, this has been true. Even "modding" D2 and older games TECHNICALLY wasn't allowed and could get you banned from your accounts. But because there were single player versions, this wasn't policed. And security was atrocious anyway.

Morality, fairness, etc. It is all irrelevant. They offered a warning in the form of documentation, and then followed through on their chosen path of punishment. Remember: the PRODUCT is 100% free. They aren't stealing from you, they aren't monetarily disadvantaging you in any way. They are simply banning you from using their product, which they can actually do even WITHOUT reason.

I don't presume to know law all across the world, that isn't important to this argument at all. You aren't dealing with "law": that was merely used as a comparison. When you purchase and run a product such as a game, you agree to the creator's rules. They have every right to do whatever they want the second you sign in.

Here's a personal anecdote: I used to be into afk games. I would spend lots of money on afk games. But.....those games tend to SHUT DOWN COMPLETELY without any warning because the game developer decides to no longer support the servers. Guess how much power I have in that situation? ZERO! It's their game, it's their software, it's their power and right. Players, regardless of investment, get a "This game will shut down all services in two weeks. Sorry for the inconvenience"

You bring up some very good points, but there are also some holes. Yes, i had some 3rd Party Software products installed, and yes, i was using them, but EVERYONE in my Guild uses the same products, and none of them were banned....why? That is why multiple people in my Guild have speculated that i was banned for another reason - otherwise they also all would have been banned. If you speculate about the reason, then GGG will remove your Comments, because they make their company look bad.

The point is, they MAY have banned me for a fair reason, and if they would just walk in light (and not darkness) then we would be able to judge for ourselves whether they were acting fairly. However, they won't.....so we can't.

And NO, I do NOT happen to just blindly trust them, especially after what they have put me through.
Because you arent mentioning the ones that you were actually using.

Thats why.
"Just goes to show your complete lack of knowledge on the matter. If you had any actual experience with melee" -Melee "Expert"
Because you have no idea when or how they decided to detect. Everyone who has ever played a game before knows that bans come in waves. They don't hit everyone who breaks the rules, and while that sucks if you are the one hit, it doesn't really change anything.

As mentioned in my post, FAIRNESS does not play a role here. It is fair for everyone to be punished equally if they broke the rule. But even then, you'd complain about the degree of fairness. "Why am I getting banned for x, when he is doing x far more/longer than I am?!".

In a perfect world, all information would be shared equally to everyone. 99% of all complaints in the WORLD occur because of incomplete information being shared or known by all parties. But that is simply the way it is. Information isn't owed to anyone in certain circumstances, and the only thing you can do is continue to plead your case directly to them. There is no rule stating GGG has to share all their information with you, us, or anyone.

Going back to the law reference: even then, to get pertinent information often requires research, an argument, a judge's note, and time. It is not just willingly given or an entitlement.

Unfortunately for you, doing it here in public (this could be WHY they don't share all their information....) has dug you a pretty deep hole for your own cause.

You are dealing with RULES: keep a dinged sense of morality completely out of the equation because it is detrimental to understanding.
Last edited by jsuslak313 on Aug 23, 2024, 2:33:49 PM
"
ArtCrusade wrote:

Of course, online games ToS are all written in such a way that players can only beg companies to reconsider whatever comes to the latter's heads. I was just pointing out that bar analogy was not reflecting this sutiation well. GGG may kick you out right after you buy supporter pack and won't even tell you why.

Statement "GGG never hands out false bans" requires generic proof to be true. Statement "GGG doesn't always hand out justified bans" requires a single example of a false ban to be true. I know of at least one such case: my own ban for false reason, and nearly 4 weeks waiting for them to figure it out. So they do make mistakes on this, it's a fact.

To add speculation to fact, there is nothing special about my account, so really doubt my ban was the only false one. So I don't share fervor of some other players here, saying "you got banned, your fault".
Last edited by Echothesis on Aug 23, 2024, 2:36:08 PM
"
Echothesis wrote:

To add speculation to fact, there is nothing special about my account, so really doubt my ban was the only false one. So I don't share fervor of some other players here, saying "you got banned, your fault".

Except you completely ignored the whole first part of the discussion to add your "facts" in.....where the truth is it WAS the OP's fault. 3rd party software, right there in the original post.

So how do your comments help in any way or even fit the argument?
"
jsuslak313 wrote:
"
Echothesis wrote:

Except you completely ignored the whole first part of the discussion to add your "facts" in.....where the truth is it WAS the OP's fault. 3rd party software, right there in the original post.

So how do your comments help in any way or even fit the argument?

Okay, then every awakened poe trade user should be banned per ToS, as said in my "tangent" post before.

Regardless of what OP used, trade soft also breaks ToS
Last edited by Echothesis on Aug 23, 2024, 2:38:42 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info