[3.25] The Lazy Nova - Archmage MoM Crit Ice Nova of Frostbolts with Svalinn

Oh thanks for the quick reply! Back to arcanist brand then :) But btw the skill gem description says it works with a spell skill as well but we don't use one with those links.

Is there any easy upgrade I can do with my current gear?

https://pobb.in/HN1hsU6n3heO

The wand needs redoing but I'm just scared to redo it right now as I might not have enough currency to fix it if I brick it.

edit: pob updated
Last edited by kraken1944 on Sep 17, 2024, 7:18:10 PM
"
kraken1944 wrote:
Oh thanks for the quick reply! Back to arcanist brand then :) But btw the skill gem description says it works with a spell skill as well but we don't use one with those links.

I am not quite sure what you mean. Are you still referring to Cast on Crit?

Here is the Cast on Crit gem description from the WIKI (see below). Cast on Crit will not trigger on spell critical hits. It only triggers when a linked attack skill crits. This is why you will find many Cast on Crit builds usin Cyclone as it is an attack skill and every time it crits, then linked spell will then be cast.

====================

Cast on Critical Strike (commonly referred to as CoC) is a support gem that causes linked spells to trigger when the player critically strikes with a linked attack skill.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 17, 2024, 7:25:41 PM
"
Rusty022 wrote:

I learn new stuff about PoE every day lol. I guess I didn't need to overpay for the right colors on any corrupted item below a 6L.

correct! Anything that is 4 sockets or under, just use the crafting bench, whether corrupted or not.

Once you try to get to 5 and 6 sockets/links, that is when you can start playing with Tainted currency on corrupted gear.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 17, 2024, 7:27:38 PM
"
you didn't set any of the conditionals. You should set it as having spent your arcane cloak mana recently, shock up to how hard you shock a pinnacle, enemy low life + 60% reduced punishment curse effect (for realistic punishment bonus damage, for maximum possible dps just set to low life), 35% increased damage, cast and move speed from haunted, ice nova cast on frostbolt, some number of frost shield and sigil of power stages, power charges from assassins mark/disciple of the forbidden and 8 instances of ice nova from it casting as well as toggling bottled faith on and marking the enemy as on conc ground from it.

Additionally your wand is just kinda bad. The enchant is very strong but your wand looks like its set up for spark not archmage, +gems is basically useless as level of ice nova of frostbolts barely matters, added lightning damage is just worth vastly less than mana and projectile speed is actively detrimental as it reduces your ability to properly overlap ice novas due to how it repeats. You want spell damage, mana and hybrid mana for prefixes and then some combo of spell crit, crit multi, cast speed, DD while focused, crit multi while near unique or rare for suffixes in an ideal scenario, you're missing a bit over 1k mana, which would end up being about 20% more damage.

Thank you so much!! Will keep working on the build. POB is quite a thing to learn!

"
"
666tyco666 wrote:
Thank you Andy and Fealwen for your suggestions! I have finally found a decent militant faith, I think..

I believe I have followed this guide veeeeery closely, with some funding help.. I am now clearing endgame content, but still feel squishy..

May I get some help on what to improve on? Thank you so much!

This is my current stats
https://pobb.in/6-JWWVXlK0IT

Not sure why the dps shown is so low though.. Would gladly appreciate any feedback! Thank you!!

Hello!

* In terms of your DPS, you have no configurartion set on your POB. There is a lot of config items that need to be enabled for you to see what your DPS will be. Take a look at the POB in the build guide and try and make your POB Configuration window look similar.

* Your Mana pool is fairly low. The goal is to have the highest Mana roll you can afford on every rare piece of gear. You have no mana on weapon, boots and gloves and a very low roll on your ring. The mana pool is a large part of your health pool because we use Mind Over Matter.

* Your chaos res is still pretty low which again may add to some squishy feelings.

* Upgrading your weapon will be your biggest source of DPS increase. The flat lightning damage, projectile speed, and +1 to gem levels do not help us too much offensively.

* Your crit chance is also lower than it should be with Mageblood but I assume this is a choice since you are heavily invested into rarity with the Gold Flask. If you don't feel like you need the rarity, you could change this Gold Flask to an Amethyst flask with the highest crit chance roll you can afford to help with Chaos res and crit chance.

Thank you for the responses! I tweaked it to a gold flask just for fun because i was zooming through maps. Guess the amethyst comes back on.. oh dear sounds like I need to redo my rares :(
Last edited by 666tyco666 on Sep 17, 2024, 8:11:20 PM
"
Piousqd wrote:
Pro's/Cons on Wrath vs Zealotry Aura's?

I currently use wrath bc I have a better watchers eye and anathema corrupt for it, but have slighty more base DPS in POB from zealotry.

Wrath is much more widely used by all versions of icenova archmage, but why?

Zealotry gives a little bit of crit but Wrath is vastly more damage. This is just back of the envelope style math but Zealotry at lvl 21 is 16% more spell damage and a bit of crit. Wrath is 21% more lightning damage. Absent using an atziri's promise or something similar lightning damage is 90+% of our damage, on that alone unless zealotry gets you to the crit cap and you have no other way to crit cap without sacrificing more damage wrath is going to be more raw damage, this division is further exacerbated by aura effect, we run eternal blessing which is up to 25% increased effect at 21/20 and can run sublime vision for up to 40% increased effect.

The watcher's eye effects make the consideration a bit more complicated, the wrath crit mod is not quite as good as zealotry crit but still provides up to 6% crit chance at a perfect roll, pen wise, zealotry rolls up to 10% pen on crit whereas wrath has up to 15% pen, so even when crit capped the zealotry mod is much worse. The leech and arcane surge and phys as lightning mods are all useless to us. Zealotry consecrated ground damage brings it closer in alignment but it is additive with bottled faith and shock so its not actually that large of a damage boost.

Sublime vision wise Wrath making it so you sap enemies is actually an enormous boost to survivability, its very easy to 20% sap even extremely durable enemies and functionally gives you 25% more hp against enemies you've hit, zealotry sublime vision is a very nice bit of QoL in providing complete curse immunity but is not a blanket boost to survivability, merely allowing you to ignore map and rare mods that would otherwise be inconvenient (if you have an MB you can get curse immunity on a flask anyways).
"
"
Piousqd wrote:
Pro's/Cons on Wrath vs Zealotry Aura's?

I currently use wrath bc I have a better watchers eye and anathema corrupt for it, but have slighty more base DPS in POB from zealotry.

Wrath is much more widely used by all versions of icenova archmage, but why?

Zealotry gives a little bit of crit but Wrath is vastly more damage. This is just back of the envelope style math but Zealotry at lvl 21 is 16% more spell damage and a bit of crit. Wrath is 21% more lightning damage. Absent using an atziri's promise or something similar lightning damage is 90+% of our damage, on that alone unless zealotry gets you to the crit cap and you have no other way to crit cap without sacrificing more damage wrath is going to be more raw damage, this division is further exacerbated by aura effect, we run eternal blessing which is up to 25% increased effect at 21/20 and can run sublime vision for up to 40% increased effect.

The watcher's eye effects make the consideration a bit more complicated, the wrath crit mod is not quite as good as zealotry crit but still provides up to 6% crit chance at a perfect roll, pen wise, zealotry rolls up to 10% pen on crit whereas wrath has up to 15% pen, so even when crit capped the zealotry mod is much worse. The leech and arcane surge and phys as lightning mods are all useless to us. Zealotry consecrated ground damage brings it closer in alignment but it is additive with bottled faith and shock so its not actually that large of a damage boost.

Sublime vision wise Wrath making it so you sap enemies is actually an enormous boost to survivability, its very easy to 20% sap even extremely durable enemies and functionally gives you 25% more hp against enemies you've hit, zealotry sublime vision is a very nice bit of QoL in providing complete curse immunity but is not a blanket boost to survivability, merely allowing you to ignore map and rare mods that would otherwise be inconvenient (if you have an MB you can get curse immunity on a flask anyways).

thank you for the indepth answer!
"
Absent using an atziri's promise or something similar lightning damage is 90+% of our damage, on that alone unless zealotry gets you to the crit cap and you have no other way to crit cap without sacrificing more damage wrath is going to be more raw damage, this division is further exacerbated by aura effect, we run eternal blessing which is up to 25% increased effect at 21/20 and can run sublime vision for up to 40% increased effect.

So, at what point would Zealotry be better?

I'm running Zealotry and have Bottled Faith and Atziri's Promise on my build as well as 4% Extra Chaos on my wand. My Watcher's Eye has Cast Speed and Longer Conc Ground Effect. Still, when I swap Wrath and a one-affix Wrath Watcher's Eye on PoB, my damage goes from 89.7M to 91M (meh). And if I get a 21 Zealotry, that difference goes down to like 300k.

My PoB: https://pobb.in/Jx2bnqOyIdTX

FYI: I can't afford the 20D two-affix Watcher's Eye for Wrath and probably not a Sublime Vision for a while.

EDIT: I think I'd be better off capping crit however possible. Even just swapping in a crit chance Zealotry Watcher's Eye puts me over 100M.
Last edited by Rusty022 on Sep 18, 2024, 9:36:24 AM
I have finally updated my rares!

This is what it looks like now..
https://pobb.in/d3xDnZCTtKVt

Still understanding how POB works though, i followed the config from the OP's build, but the DPS figure still looks kinda low hmm..
"
666tyco666 wrote:

Still understanding how POB works though, i followed the config from the OP's build, but the DPS figure still looks kinda low hmm..

I'm not an expert, but here ya go: https://pobb.in/OHO9E3iYuHtH
"
666tyco666 wrote:

here are some POB tips

* In the left hand panel, make sure the Main Skill is set to Ice Nova of Frostbolt

* In the skills window, enable Ice Nova of Frostbolts, disable Vaal Ice Nova, set the count to 8, and check the box that says Include in Full DPS...

* In the config window, set # of Inspiration charges to 3

* You will now see your full DPS in the left hand panel at the bottom

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 18, 2024, 12:18:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info