[3.25] The Lazy Nova - Archmage MoM Crit Ice Nova of Frostbolts with Svalinn

"
tufferugli wrote:
the place that we rented has wifi!
i won't be able to use pob (my laptop is a mac), but at least I will be abe to read the messages at least once a day :)

I hope you are enjoying your vacation!!

I have never used it myself but I am fairly sure there are MAC versions of POB out there. I saw one last week that was fully updated for 3.25.
As someone new to the Archmage build archetype that was really struggling to get it feeling 'right' even with amazing gear. I think this will help a lot of people struggling with the 'tank' feeling.

- Light Eater and the 10% instant leech mastery are beyond important.
- In the same vein lightning damage leeched as life on glove implicit or cluster jewel are also beyond important.
- Action Speed on boot implicit makes a huge difference in terms of 'chunkiness'. It is night and day which is weird for only 5% action speed.
- You need chaos res. I recently went from -20, to 0, to +35 and I can feel the difference at each step.

My big issues I need to solve -

- What might some options be for curse immunity? I've noticed when I die, it isn't ailments (which would also be an easy solve with shock avoidance jewels), or bleed. It's always curses. If I solved that, I genuinely think I'd never die.

Rationale Doctrine is a no go. Flask won't be up enough.

- How do I get more spell crit? I'm about 15% short + way more than that with flasks down.

I need to farm out a few more upgrades but build has been amazing, well done Op + helpers.

Ps - if anyone wants to take over the boot crafting market you're welcome to. Warlock Boots + Woes = profit. I'm over selling them lol.

Last edited by Scarecrow1414 on Aug 19, 2024, 5:51:36 PM
"
Scarecrow1414 wrote:
As someone new to the Archmage build archetype that was really struggling to get it feeling 'right' even with amazing gear. I think this will help a lot of people struggling with the 'tank' feeling.

- In the same vein lightning damage leeched as life on glove implicit or cluster jewel are also beyond important.
- Action Speed on boot implicit makes a huge difference in terms of 'chunkiness'. It is night and day which is weird for only 5% action speed.
- You need chaos res. I recently went from -20, to 0, to +35 and I can feel the difference at each step.

- What might some options be for curse immunity? I've noticed when I die, it isn't ailments (which would also be an easy solve with shock avoidance jewels), or bleed. It's always curses. If I solved that, I genuinely think I'd never die.

- How do I get more spell crit? I'm about 15% short + way more than that with flasks down.

I need to farm out a few more upgrades but build has been amazing, well done Op + helpers.

Ps - if anyone wants to take over the boot crafting market you're welcome to. Warlock Boots + Woes = profit. I'm over selling them lol.

yes, both me and Andy tested the build without Insta Leech and both of us felt that difference was huge. insta leech is mandatory, maybe I have to stress it more in the guide.

now that you mention it, action speed on boots helps a lot in feeling less clunky. i'll add it in the boots section.

i have yet to go past 0% chaos, but yes, going from negative to 0 is huge.

for the curse part i don't know... maybe it's because i play with shrines, but the only curse that i find problematic is silence (still ok tho, since is very rare).

i think that the only viable way for us to get curse immunity is via mageblood, but maybe i'm wrong and there are other ways
"
Scarecrow1414 wrote:

I agree with every point you made about feeling tankier.

As to your curse and crit question, the answer is simple, but extremely expensive.

It is adding a Mageblood to the build. I am grinding towards it right now. Here is my plan

*Swap Zealotry for Purity of Elements (solves resistance issue from swapping belts and gives full ailment immunity)

*Add in 4 flask bases of Silver (95% increased Onslaught effect), Quicksilver(78% movement speed), Diamond Flask (195% crit chance), Sulphur (damage)

* Add in 4 flask suffixes: Movement speed (another 27% movement speed), Crit Strike Chance (another 107% crit chance), curse avoidance (100% curse immune), stun avoidance (100% stun immune).

* Add in large cluster for Doryani's Lesson. Add exposure to Glove Implicit. Add Watchers Eye to large cluster to cap chaos res. Add corrupted blood immunity jewel with what ever stats I can find that help us (mana, cast speed etc)

===============

Summary:

So after Mageblood and large cluster is installed, I will have all the following added to my current set up (and everything is unconditional, unlike my current set up which requires flasks to be up):

Curse Immunity, Stun Immunity, Ailment Immunity, Chaos Res capped, Corrupted Blood Immunity.

108% increased movement speed (compared to what I have now)
23% increased cast speed (compared to what I have now)
78% increased damage (from the flask base alone)
109% increased critical strike chance (compared to what I have now and includes accounting for Zealotry removed)

Finally get to dump the Brine King and add in Lunaris for more defense

Yes, I am trying to justify spending 300d on a Mageblood :)

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 19, 2024, 6:14:05 PM
Can someone see what else I can squeeze out of the build? I feel like I am pretty min/maxed at this point, apart from a giga 200 div wand but I'm too broke. I'm not sure if I should do more little upgrades or save up for an enchant on my current wand, which was 18 div. Here is my Pob: https://pobb.in/cWShqHJ829FS
Good day.

"
Glarity wrote:
Can someone see what else I can squeeze out of the build? I feel like I am pretty min/maxed at this point, apart from a giga 200 div wand but I'm too broke. I'm not sure if I should do more little upgrades or save up for an enchant on my current wand, which was 18 div. Here is my Pob: https://pobb.in/cWShqHJ829FS

I would replace the shield with a larger spell block. Then add a better wand.

Question about the build - have you tried farming the t17 map?
I just got a better wand a couple of hours ago. Well, I thought that this enchantment was overrated. I take my thoughts back. As soon as I stop being poor again (the wand ate all my savings), I'm thinking of finally replacing the watcher eye with a bonus to chaos resistance. Maybe this will allow me to get rid of the flask for chaos resistance. If then I change some piece of rare equipment with resistances for a more damaging option, adding a flask of resistances to my belt, but I'm not sure...

I'm just tired of farming t16, t17 seems more fun to me. But the bosses there hit hard. I couldn't handle Ziggurat, Abomination is bearable. Ordinary monsters on the map are the same slag as those in the tier below. But the reward for the time spent on the map is higher. And I'm honestly not very good at building a build xD
For example, the thought keeps spinning around, to add a little suppress somewhere... My profile is open, any advice?
Thanks for the guide!

I'm looking to swap over to this from Ziz's league starter and am currently sat on about 15 divs and about 300-400 chaos.

At the moment i'm comfortably smashing t13-16 maps.

Rather than just wait until I have all the currency for this, is it possible to get the build going and upgrade as you go?

If so, what would you say is order of importance when it comes to purchasing gear?

I've drafted a rough spreadsheet on this and I was thinking it would be something like this:

(order of importance - 1 being mandatory, 3 being nice to have)

Item - Order Of Importance

The Red Nightmare - 1
Svalinn - 1
Cloak of Defiance - 1
Rumi's Concoction - 1
Anathema - 1

The Light of Meaning - 2
Unnatural Instinct - 2

Militant Faith - 3
Bottled Faith - 3
Last edited by DrowninG_Exile on Aug 19, 2024, 7:02:42 PM
"
Glarity wrote:

Here are some comments

* Your ele resistance is undercapped. If possible, see if you can use catalysts on your ring and belt to improve the resistances

* Used a blessed orb on your ring. You can get 8% extra chaos res that way

* I would replace the shield with a 15% spell block version. The 5% spell block will be more meaningful than the corruption you have on the 10% shield

* With corrupted blood immunity, you may find that regular bleeding will be of no bother to you and as such you can change your suffix on the life flask

* Start to upgrade a majority of your skill gems from 20/20 to 21/20 or from 20/0 to 21/0 (check each gem to make sure which ones benefit from quality and which ones don't)

* you don't have full quality on 3 of your flasks. Give these flasks all 20% quality for higher uptime

* You can use two attack block tattoos to max out your attack block at 88%

* Look into changing your boots in the future. Because you have an elder influence on your boots, you are missing the ability to add the powerful Action speed implicit.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 19, 2024, 7:25:33 PM
"
Thanks for the guide!

I'm looking to swap over to this from Ziz's league starter and am currently sat on about 15 divs and about 300-400 chaos.

At the moment i'm comfortably smashing t13-16 maps.

Rather than just wait until I have all the currency for this, is it possible to get the build going and upgrade as you go?

If so, what would you say is order of importance when it comes to purchasing gear?

I've drafted a rough spreadsheet on this and I was thinking it would be something like this:

(order of importance - 1 being mandatory, 3 being nice to have)

Item - Order Of Importance

The Red Nightmare - 1
Svalinn - 1
Cloak of Defiance - 1
Rumi's Concoction - 1
Anathema - 1

The Light of Meaning - 2
Unnatural Instinct - 2

Militant Faith - 3
Bottled Faith - 3

I am assuming you already have the helmet with the Power Charge corruption, and if so I think this is a good order of importance you have listed.
"
wdragonbsk wrote:

I'm just tired of farming t16, t17 seems more fun to me. But the bosses there hit hard. I couldn't handle Ziggurat, Abomination is bearable. Ordinary monsters on the map are the same slag as those in the tier below. But the reward for the time spent on the map is higher. And I'm honestly not very good at building a build xD
For example, the thought keeps spinning around, to add a little suppress somewhere... My profile is open, any advice?

Next thing for you would be to transition to the Large Cluster jewel set up.

That will free up one of your flask suffixes (you can get a corrupted blood jewel and place it in the large cluster)

Note that you appear to be still using your old Watcher's Eye which is for Wrath but I think you have now converted to Purity of Elements after the mageblood. If you get the Chaos res Watchers Eye for Purity of Elements, you can maybe think about changing the Amethyst flask base. If you can afford it I would also recommend the +1 to all ele resists Watchers Eye mod for Purity.

I do not think there is any way to get close to full spell suppression in the build. We are too far away from the good nodes on the tree and our chest and helmets are Unique, which are common spots for rares to get some spell suppression.

Did you remember to change your Pantheon to Lunaris after you added the Mageblood?

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 19, 2024, 7:46:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info