[3.25] The Lazy Nova - Archmage MoM Crit Ice Nova of Frostbolts with Svalinn

Hi guys! It's my first league after 3 years and having a blast with the build.

Now I need help on what I should upgrade next.

I was able to make a decent wand by playing with the recombinator, but not sure if it's worthy of the Haunted Enchant, since it has a low spell damage an no veiled modifiers.

Here's my pob: https://pobb.in/sUXvPoyIXKur

Thanks!
"
Sisilim wrote:
Hi guys! It's my first league after 3 years and having a blast with the build.

Now I need help on what I should upgrade next.

I was able to make a decent wand by playing with the recombinator, but not sure if it's worthy of the Haunted Enchant, since it has a low spell damage an no veiled modifiers.

Here's my pob: https://pobb.in/sUXvPoyIXKur

Thanks!

that is a very solid wand, especially for the recombinator! Congrats.

* It will be up to you, but I myself would wait and upgrade that wand later to get a little better stats and the enchant at the same time (if you don't mind buying that is, or you could try and craft again later).

In any case this wand will be plenty good enough to start grinding some currency.

* You need to reroll your Sulphur flask as the suffix is not helping you. We cap ES leech via Light Eater on the tree so the suffix on flask will not add any more ES leech to the build.

* Add quality to Punishment (defense)

* Do not invest in levels for your GMP. The levels do nothing for GMP in this build outside of increasing our need for dexterity stats, which we don't want to deal with.

"

that is a very solid wand, especially for the recombinator! Congrats.

* It will be up to you, but I myself would wait and upgrade that wand later to get a little better stats and the enchant at the same time (if you don't mind buying that is, or you could try and craft again later).

In any case this wand will be plenty good enough to start grinding some currency.

* You need to reroll your Sulphur flask as the suffix is not helping you. We cap ES leech via Light Eater on the tree so the suffix on flask will not add any more ES leech to the build.

* Add quality to Punishment (defense)

* Do not invest in levels for your GMP. The levels do nothing for GMP in this build outside of increasing our need for dexterity stats, which we don't want to deal with.

Thanks!
I was having a hard time balancing the elemental resits due to the dexterity. LOL.
And is it better to get bottled faith then?
I was wondering if I could get some advice on where to take the build next: https://pobb.in/NHaG8wE7vXEa

I find myself running into mana issues using the "Infused" anointment, and I switch back to "Mind Drinker" at times. Is there anything I can do about that to maximize damage/uptime?
Last edited by AVRamar on Sep 14, 2024, 10:32:44 PM
One way to mitigate your mana issues would be to swap to a reduced cost/mana regen militant faith and/or move your arcane cloak from automated to manual. Manual arcane cloak means you won't have it up when mapping unless you remember to press it but should drastically ease your mana issues as you will no longer be dumping 2/3rds of your mana pool every 8 seconds or so and it does mean that you will have it available when you need the extra dps (I find that basically nothing short of 100% delirium 8 mod t16 or significantly juiced t17 warrant spamming arcane cloak for dps).
"
Sisilim wrote:

Thanks!
I was having a hard time balancing the elemental resits due to the dexterity. LOL.
And is it better to get bottled faith then?

Bottled Faith is very strong. If you can squeeze it in, every one seems to like it.
"

please post your POB and I will take a look at it.

Awakened Spell Echo will add a very small amount of DPS, due to some increased cast speed but we do not benefit from the main feature of Awakened Spell Echo, which is why we recommend staying with a 21/20 Spell Echo.

Check the FAQ section at the beginning of the thread for more information.

https://pobb.in/Tb_ub_YtVvJJ

I knew, that it would be a minor update in damage, but pob shows +0 in average hit and I don't know why.
But Awakened Spell Echo has another benefit. Since I got it I have no "stuttering damage start". Before it I often had to cast 1 or 2s before my bubbles turned out, after switching to awakened it barely happens and if, it is much shorter.
Don`t know if it ist the 5% more damage, the smoother start or just my psych, but damage overall FEELS better then only +5%...
You were absolutely correct! I just realized I accidently switched to a really scuffed Militant Faith; mana consumption is much better after fixing that.
"
ogli wrote:

https://pobb.in/Tb_ub_YtVvJJ

I knew, that it would be a minor update in damage, but pob shows +0 in average hit and I don't know why.
But Awakened Spell Echo has another benefit. Since I got it I have no "stuttering damage start". Before it I often had to cast 1 or 2s before my bubbles turned out, after switching to awakened it barely happens and if, it is much shorter.
Don`t know if it ist the 5% more damage, the smoother start or just my psych, but damage overall FEELS better then only +5%...

First picture is 21/20 Spell Echo, second picture is Awakened Spell Echo 5/20. You will see a difference in the hit DPS on the left side of the screen.

"Average Hit" does not take into account cast speed. "Hit DPS" is what you want to look at when comparing damage as it takes into account Cast Speed (which is what Awakened Spell Echo will give you a little more of which is why the Hit DPS is little higher with Awakened Spell Echo).

=======================

The stuttering is pure RNG of the helmet. There are just going to be times that you lose the 50/50 multiple times in a row no matter which support gem you use. Awakened Spell Echo has a little more cast speed, so it may lessen ever so slightly the effect.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 15, 2024, 12:18:39 AM
Hi there!

@AndyLovesHisBge if you still on can you share your PoB? Just got my Mageblood and I do not know whats worth changing up.

Here is my PoB if its help.

https://pobb.in/XP5qU8rXBC8h

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info