[3.25] The Lazy Nova - Archmage MoM Crit Ice Nova of Frostbolts with Svalinn

"
"
ok so here is my promised new strat, explained in detail (it is very simple).

I will put in spoilers so people can skip the post easily if not interested

Spoiler

- The strat is entirely based on yellow Harvest. Yellow Harvest is extremely valuable right now. When I ran my test I was getting a Divine for as little as 3800 yellow Harvest.

- The strat is all about speed. Get in, get to the boss first, get to Harvest next and only stop if you see an alter (explained later)

- The best maps to run are ones that you know exactly where the boss is. I like Mesa, City Square and Atoll.

- The maps are just alch and go T16's. Chisel to 20, alch, check regex and run like crazy

- THIS IS NOT A GOLD FARMING STRAT. Please don't use this strat if you need lots of gold for your town as we only pick up marginal goal through this (see results).

- Scarabs - I use only 1. Harvest Scarab of Doubling. That is it. If you want to throw in some spare Sacrifice fragments if you have nothing better to do with them, that is fine

- Map Device: Just use 8% Increase Quantity of Items Found in this area

- Atlas - Just pick every Harvest node available (except for the Crop rotation area). And then pick every quant node you can find on atlas. After that I just scattered the rest of my points into Maps and Scarabs. Note this could very well be improved and I might look deeper into it if the second test runs as good as the first one. Harvest is based on Crop Rotation being allocated with only the "Harvest non-Yellow Plant Chance" nodes allocated on the way to Crop Rotation

- Alters: Blue alters. If you see any alters after you kill the boss while looking for the Harvest, take a quick peek at them. If they are the ultra rare divine, of course take it and run the whole map, else all you are looking for the Player Quant choice, skip every thing else. And only stop at the alters if you are looking for the Harvest, once you find the Harvest, go right to it and complete it quickly. If you are unfamiliar with how to run crop rotation, please look up a video on youtube, there are many guides.

================

Test Results:

Ran 20 Maps
Time to complete was 43 minutes

Profit was 14 divines

Profit per map was .7 divines per map
Profit per hour was 19.5 Divines
Gold per hour was 157k

95%+ of profit came from Harvest and T17 drops (note the T17's are why we run to the boss first, I got three of the five T17's I dropped from the boss in City Square). The other 5% was from random junk. No big drops were had in the test to skew the results.

Note: This strat is HIGHLY dependent on the value of yellow harvest. I can't predict how that will change in the next 24-48 hours so I am going to run this strat for a while today. Check with Faustus for the current prices

Thank you so much for writing this out and posting it I've never really run harvest before but this made me want to try it out :)

Edit: Could you post the Atlas tree you're using? I'm not quite understanding how you're pathing around the Crop Rotation notable.

Hello. I am on phone right now so I will post atlas later when I am home.

But in the meantime when you get to the Crop Rotation wheel, just go straight in the middle. You want to take the nodes that reduce yellow harvest. This may seem counterintuitive since yellow is most valuable but this actually maximizes yellow harvest over the long haul.

Please watch a video if you have not done crop rotation before. It can be a little tricky in the beginning but then it clicks.

When running Crop Rotation do not be concerned if you get a useless Harvest every so often. That is built in to Crop Rotation. For instance you may encounter a Harvest that has only three crops and they are all the same color. Just stop immediately when you see that and run another map.

I ran this strat for approximately 4 hours yesterday and made over 70 divines. But always keep your eye on the market price for yellow harvest as that determines the ability to make currency along with your speed.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 12, 2024, 10:44:21 AM
Finally got a haunted wand that is hopefully pretty decent. I guess level 21 gems next? Not sure which to prioritize. Does everything else look ok?

https://pobb.in/t_FUR4oVUnRI
Hello guys, I finally put my mb version togheter, now I hit a spot were idk if there are anymore non-mirrortier meaninfull upgrades, can someone take a look for me? my pob: https://pobb.in/2y6OdfKk6rAw
"
surubinha wrote:
Hello guys, I finally put my mb version togheter, now I hit a spot were idk if there are anymore non-mirrortier meaninfull upgrades, can someone take a look for me? my pob: https://pobb.in/2y6OdfKk6rAw

While I haven't looked at the PoB in detail, you could e.g. improve the defenses with a +1 to endurance charges corruption on the boots and a 50 crit reduction cloak.
There is still some of room for improvement without mirror gear. For ideas, look at the PoBs posted in this thread by tufferugli, Andy, myself (https://pobb.in/DAR2kyFO1oH6) and others.
Last edited by aimfeld on Sep 12, 2024, 2:24:46 PM
"
NVB43 wrote:
Finally got a haunted wand that is hopefully pretty decent. I guess level 21 gems next? Not sure which to prioritize. Does everything else look ok?

https://pobb.in/t_FUR4oVUnRI

Congrats on the wand!

* You need to fix one of your flasks as your first priority. Flasks in POE are not allowed to have the same suffix on multiple flasks. You have Crit Chance suffix on two flasks and as such one is being ignored.

Removed the lower roll and replace with something else you might need

* After that, yes, start slowly migrating up to level 21 gems (look closely at the POB's in the guide and make sure you know which ones benefit from quality and which ones don't for our build).

* If you can grind to 100, go South and pick up one more socket and get a Watcher's Eye for Wrath into the build.
"

Edit: Could you post the Atlas tree you're using? I'm not quite understanding how you're pathing around the Crop Rotation notable.

Here you go. Note that outside of the Harvest, and Quant nodes, feel free to experiement with what ever you like, with the idea that we do not want to spend much time in each map.

I can afford it but for the life of me I can't pull the trigger.....It would be my first mirrored item ever....

"
I can afford it but for the life of me I can't pull the trigger.....It would be my first mirrored item ever....

You know you want to do it!
Inner Conviction just removes frenzy charge generation and adds them as max power charges? Or am i missing something?
Inner Conviction causes power charges to grant 3% more spell damage, it basically combines power and frenzy charges. Its not as good as having frenzy charges as well but it means you don't need a way to generate frenzy charges. There is another version of Archmage ice nova of frostbolts that does use frenzy charges but it runs a doryani's glorious vanity for corrupted soul and uses a double influenced chest for spell crit and frenzy generation, it trades the damage from inner conviction for a chunk more raw survivability. This version instead uses cloak of defiance and leverages svalinn for its defenses. One could theoretically make it a corrupted soul build even so but MoM makes getting enough recovery to sustain archmage costs and tank difficult enough that you are likely better served scaling damage rather than raw survivability once you are out of the range of getting oneshot in whatever content you do.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info