[3.25] The Lazy Nova - Archmage MoM Crit Ice Nova of Frostbolts with Svalinn

"
iks0r34 wrote:

In T16 8mod maps,

I play ambush strategy ,

I can run T17 pretty easily improving my regex each map because it's the first time i can really farm them

My regex for T16

"!tal d|gen|eec|oj|h el|h vu|ur$"

My regex for T17

"!ever|o su|rke|'v|tiles$|f ph|sou|eec|ss are|wb"

IDK for playstyle, i cast nova and frostblink to move on

It took One shot from far away sometimes, I see ppl burning uber bosses and i can barely do some T17 bosses

Maybe the problem is me lol

One big thing you can do for defense and one-shot protection is crit immunity. Get a cloak with the corruption "You take 50% reduced Extra Damage from Critical Strikes". I also recommend the impossible escape jewel to allocate passives near glancing blows and then allocate Sanctum of Thought for an additional 30% reduced crit damage. You can add some rongokurai turtle tattoos to get up to a 100% crit immunity. 90% should be enough though.

You could also allocate Sanctum for 4%/4% more block and try to cap block without Rumi's. Some additional shieldbearer tattoos help with that. Having constant block cap without the flask also helps against random one-shots. But dropping Rumi's may become more viable only once you have a Mageblood.

Here's my PoB if you need an example: https://pobb.in/DAR2kyFO1oH6

A detail: change your implict on the glove from "0.4% of Lightning Damage Leeched as Life" to "Inflict Lightning Exposure on Hit, applying -13% to Lightning Resistance". You're leech capped from Doryani's Lesson on the cluster jewel, the glove implicit does nothing.

Here's my Regexes for mapping:
T16+T17: "!gen|tal d|s rec|eec|re he|rses"
T17: "!ever|vola|ss are|'v|tab"
Last edited by aimfeld on Sep 11, 2024, 1:53:06 PM
ok so here is my promised new strat, explained in detail (it is very simple).

I will put in spoilers so people can skip the post easily if not interested

Spoiler

- The strat is entirely based on yellow Harvest. Yellow Harvest is extremely valuable right now. When I ran my test I was getting a Divine for as little as 3800 yellow Harvest.

- The strat is all about speed. Get in, get to the boss first, get to Harvest next and only stop if you see an alter (explained later)

- The best maps to run are ones that you know exactly where the boss is. I like Mesa, City Square and Atoll.

- The maps are just alch and go T16's. Chisel to 20, alch, check regex and run like crazy

- THIS IS NOT A GOLD FARMING STRAT. Please don't use this strat if you need lots of gold for your town as we only pick up marginal goal through this (see results).

- Scarabs - I use only 1. Harvest Scarab of Doubling. That is it. If you want to throw in some spare Sacrifice fragments if you have nothing better to do with them, that is fine

- Map Device: Just use 8% Increase Quantity of Items Found in this area

- Atlas - Just pick every Harvest node available (except for the Crop rotation area). And then pick every quant node you can find on atlas. After that I just scattered the rest of my points into Maps and Scarabs. Note this could very well be improved and I might look deeper into it if the second test runs as good as the first one. Harvest is based on Crop Rotation being allocated with only the "Harvest non-Yellow Plant Chance" nodes allocated on the way to Crop Rotation

- Alters: Blue alters. If you see any alters after you kill the boss while looking for the Harvest, take a quick peek at them. If they are the ultra rare divine, of course take it and run the whole map, else all you are looking for the Player Quant choice, skip every thing else. And only stop at the alters if you are looking for the Harvest, once you find the Harvest, go right to it and complete it quickly. If you are unfamiliar with how to run crop rotation, please look up a video on youtube, there are many guides.

================

Test Results:

Ran 20 Maps
Time to complete was 43 minutes

Profit was 14 divines

Profit per map was .7 divines per map
Profit per hour was 19.5 Divines
Gold per hour was 157k

95%+ of profit came from Harvest and T17 drops (note the T17's are why we run to the boss first, I got three of the five T17's I dropped from the boss in City Square). The other 5% was from random junk. No big drops were had in the test to skew the results.

Note: This strat is HIGHLY dependent on the value of yellow harvest. I can't predict how that will change in the next 24-48 hours so I am going to run this strat for a while today. Check with Faustus for the current prices

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 11, 2024, 3:40:26 PM
"
People who have grinded out for a Mageblood - what's your fave strat for making that sweet, sweet currency this league? :)

My strat was to get a headhunter first, which made the grind a lot more fun :). I did lots of ambush, and some ultimatum, harbinger, and harvest.
"
aimfeld wrote:
"
People who have grinded out for a Mageblood - what's your fave strat for making that sweet, sweet currency this league? :)

My strat was to get a headhunter first, which made the grind a lot more fun :). I did lots of ambush, and some ultimatum, harbinger, and harvest.

Hey man how would you optimise your gear or the passives if you were using headhuntrr? I just got one myself looks fun but im not smart enough to work around it
Thank you to the OP for making this very detailed and easy to follow guide

Id like to apologize for asking dumb questions

This is the first time im able to get all 4 voidstones, and complete a T17 map

Thank you again dude
"
Lutp wrote:
Thank you to the OP for making this very detailed and easy to follow guide

Id like to apologize for asking dumb questions

This is the first time im able to get all 4 voidstones, and complete a T17 map

Thank you again dude

dude, this is POE, by definition there are no dumb questions :)

As a really old man who has played video games for too many decades now, I can safely assure you this is the most complicated game ever created (especially as the years have gone by, the bloat has become enormous).

Congrats on the Voidstones and T17!! That is awesome!

Keep blasting :)

Just crafted this wand, if anyone is looking for an end-game goal.

Crafting guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMPTQO2eixQ&t=520s&ab_channel=Aurius98
"
Lutp wrote:

Hey man how would you optimise your gear or the passives if you were using headhuntrr? I just got one myself looks fun but im not smart enough to work around it

To facilitate gearing, I recommend the purity of elements aura which solves major issues. It gives you ailment immunity, a large chunk of resist, and lots of chaos resist if you pair it with a watcher's eye with the appropriate mod. A militant faith with resistance per devotion also helps a lot.
Last edited by aimfeld on Sep 12, 2024, 2:46:31 AM
"
Tomahtom wrote:
Unavailable

Just crafted this wand, if anyone is looking for an end-game goal.

Crafting guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMPTQO2eixQ&t=520s&ab_channel=Aurius98

Had to mute it but really well explained! First Video that a noob like me could follow.

I will never get one of these. On playstation there are only 4 wands with t1 mana fracutred available starting at 100div. The cheapes ist at 40 div with t5 mana. Also the Essences are double priced

Last edited by Spatzl30 on Sep 12, 2024, 4:44:15 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
ok so here is my promised new strat, explained in detail (it is very simple).

I will put in spoilers so people can skip the post easily if not interested

Spoiler

- The strat is entirely based on yellow Harvest. Yellow Harvest is extremely valuable right now. When I ran my test I was getting a Divine for as little as 3800 yellow Harvest.

- The strat is all about speed. Get in, get to the boss first, get to Harvest next and only stop if you see an alter (explained later)

- The best maps to run are ones that you know exactly where the boss is. I like Mesa, City Square and Atoll.

- The maps are just alch and go T16's. Chisel to 20, alch, check regex and run like crazy

- THIS IS NOT A GOLD FARMING STRAT. Please don't use this strat if you need lots of gold for your town as we only pick up marginal goal through this (see results).

- Scarabs - I use only 1. Harvest Scarab of Doubling. That is it. If you want to throw in some spare Sacrifice fragments if you have nothing better to do with them, that is fine

- Map Device: Just use 8% Increase Quantity of Items Found in this area

- Atlas - Just pick every Harvest node available (except for the Crop rotation area). And then pick every quant node you can find on atlas. After that I just scattered the rest of my points into Maps and Scarabs. Note this could very well be improved and I might look deeper into it if the second test runs as good as the first one. Harvest is based on Crop Rotation being allocated with only the "Harvest non-Yellow Plant Chance" nodes allocated on the way to Crop Rotation

- Alters: Blue alters. If you see any alters after you kill the boss while looking for the Harvest, take a quick peek at them. If they are the ultra rare divine, of course take it and run the whole map, else all you are looking for the Player Quant choice, skip every thing else. And only stop at the alters if you are looking for the Harvest, once you find the Harvest, go right to it and complete it quickly. If you are unfamiliar with how to run crop rotation, please look up a video on youtube, there are many guides.

================

Test Results:

Ran 20 Maps
Time to complete was 43 minutes

Profit was 14 divines

Profit per map was .7 divines per map
Profit per hour was 19.5 Divines
Gold per hour was 157k

95%+ of profit came from Harvest and T17 drops (note the T17's are why we run to the boss first, I got three of the five T17's I dropped from the boss in City Square). The other 5% was from random junk. No big drops were had in the test to skew the results.

Note: This strat is HIGHLY dependent on the value of yellow harvest. I can't predict how that will change in the next 24-48 hours so I am going to run this strat for a while today. Check with Faustus for the current prices

Thank you so much for writing this out and posting it I've never really run harvest before but this made me want to try it out :)

Edit: Could you post the Atlas tree you're using? I'm not quite understanding how you're pathing around the Crop Rotation notable.
Last edited by ChronicallyEve on Sep 12, 2024, 10:14:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info