[3.25] The Lazy Nova - Archmage MoM Crit Ice Nova of Frostbolts with Svalinn

"
NVB43 wrote:
Do we mind the chance to gain arcane surge on kill as a mod on the wand? Not sure if there is anything else that could slot into the automation setup in its place.

Note that we already have Chance to gain Arcane Surge on kill on the tree via Arcane Capacitor. I think it would mostly be a dead stat on the wand.

We don't want to remove Arcane Surge from Automation due to single target (we can't proc Arcane Surge on kill via single target with out the automation setup).
Hi again
Thank you for informing me about upgrading the Souls , i have no idea you could do that

Now im trying to level up to level 100
I was wondering if could give me advise on how to i go from here? The last passive points how would you allocate them?

I was thinking on 2 ways i want to push this build
More dps vs tankier

I feel that i cant really tank that well in T17 so was wondering how i can improve further.

And if i were to choose dps what would be your advise?

Here's my POB link

https://poe.ninja/builds/settlers/character/Lutp/HieroNovaFrostLut?type=exp&i=1&search=name%3DHieronova

Thanx again man
"
Lutp wrote:
Hi again
Thank you for informing me about upgrading the Souls , i have no idea you could do that

Now im trying to level up to level 100
I was wondering if could give me advise on how to i go from here? The last passive points how would you allocate them?

I was thinking on 2 ways i want to push this build
More dps vs tankier

I feel that i cant really tank that well in T17 so was wondering how i can improve further.

And if i were to choose dps what would be your advise?

Here's my POB link

https://poe.ninja/builds/settlers/character/Lutp/HieroNovaFrostLut?type=exp&i=1&search=name%3DHieronova

Thanx again man

*If you are looking for more tank in T17's, raising your spell block is by far the most important thing you can do. You are at 78% spell block chance and our goal is 88% spell block chance.

To improve your spell block, you need a better rolled Rumi's, and a significantly better rolled shield (you have the lowest roll possible here).

Most importantly, you need to change your Militant Faith as you mistakenly overwrote Mystic Bulwark which gives us Spell Block and Mana Regen

If you fix/improve these issues, you can cap your spell block at 88%

* For damage, you have the wrong Glove implicit. As you are already getting Life Leech via your large cluster, you do not need life leech on the glove implicit. Change that implicit to Lightning Exposure

* Your crit chance is low. I would recommend changing the Suffix on your Diamond flask as this build does not prosper with Evasion. Change the evasion suffix to Crit Chance.

* You can also slowly start upgrading your gems from level 20 to level 21 for more DPS and Defense. Check the POB in the guide to see which gems benefit from quality and which do not.

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 11, 2024, 10:58:09 AM
"
"
Fealwen wrote:
"
iks0r34 wrote:
Hello guys

Actually playing the build with zealotry

But damage is not my problem

Actually feel really squishy

Get constantly one shoted , have to run super strict regex to ay smooth

https://pobb.in/XziH7wN39kQ-

Here's my pob , 0 config

Don't understand how can get one shoted like that

What do you exclude in your rejex

You tried to achieve ailment immunity however since you have %97 shock avoidance, you are not ailment immune. This shouldnt be the reason why you are getting one shoted tho, just wanted to point it out.

I think the reasons are:

-You are way overjuicing map
-Rejex
-Your playstyle(Maybe too aggressive and jumping on packs)
-Eldritch altars

Couldnt find any reason on pob, so I need to find out more about your playstyle.

I don't see anything obvious here either. There are some basic mistakes in the POB but nothing that should get him one shot consistently.

Are these deaths in T16 or T16 maps? There are some combination of map mods on T17 and alters that can instantly brick the build. Maybe this is what is happening...

In T16 8mod maps,

I play ambush strategy ,

I can run T17 pretty easily improving my regex each map because it's the first time i can really farm them

My regex for T16

"!tal d|gen|eec|oj|h el|h vu|ur$"

My regex for T17

"!ever|o su|rke|'v|tiles$|f ph|sou|eec|ss are|wb"

IDK for playstyle, i cast nova and frostblink to move on

It took One shot from far away sometimes, I see ppl burning uber bosses and i can barely do some T17 bosses

Maybe the problem is me lol

Last edited by iks0r34 on Sep 11, 2024, 11:11:19 AM
Maybe I am missing a config option in POB, but can someone explain why the gem Intensify is better than Power Charge on Crit?

I have my POB config for power charges check, number blank, so it should be assuming I'm at max charge regardless of the loss of chance to gain power charges.

Power charge on Crit is a More damage multiplier as well. Even with only 7 max power charge, My POB shows I lose ~1m dps when I change my PCoC to Intensify.

Note, I am not a shield variant build, but for this question shouldn't be relevant.
Last edited by Piousqd on Sep 11, 2024, 11:30:33 AM
Hey man thank you so much for the swift reply

I am a bit confused when you said i had the wrong militant faith?
Am really sorry for asking this again
Do you mean i need to get the mods like whats on yours?
"
Piousqd wrote:
Maybe I am missing a config option in POB, but can someone explain why the gem Intensify is better than Power Charge on Crit?

I have my POB config for power charges check, number blank, so it should be assuming I'm at max charge regardless of the loss of chance to gain power charges.

Power charge on Crit is a More damage multiplier as well. Even with only 7 max power charge, My POB shows I lose ~1m dps when I change my PCoC to Intensify.

Note, I am not a shield variant build, but for this question shouldn't be relevant.

you did not list your POB for reference so I can't specifically say what you are doing wrong, so here are some general tips.

1) If you use Intensify support, make sure you take the Mastery that says "Spells which gain Intensity have +1 to maximum intensity"

2) Make sure your config sets Intensify/Intensity to 4 in the Skill Options section of the Configuration window on POB

3) The build does not require Power Charge on Crit to generate Power Charges. We gain power charges via two sources. Assassins Mark (make sure this has 20% quality) and Disciple of the Forbidden on the tree. You should be at max power charges whether mapping or against single target.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 11, 2024, 11:45:47 AM
"
iks0r34 wrote:
Hello guys

Actually playing the build with zealotry

But damage is not my problem

Actually feel really squishy

Get constantly one shoted , have to run super strict regex to ay smooth

https://pobb.in/XziH7wN39kQ-

Here's my pob , 0 config

Don't understand how can get one shoted like that

I play the dual wield setup, not shield, so I won't try and give you pointers on max'ing block, but

Ailment Immunity is huge. Like previous response noted, you are 3% shy. you can either elevate your eldritch implicit, or swap to abyssal jewel that has chance to avoid shock roll.

Other options:

You could consider swapping from zealotry to clarity and getting a watchers eye that has the %damage taken from mana instead of life mod

Depending on how your mana regen feels, you could consider swapping out your amulet for a The Utmost to boost your max resist.

And the obvious, biggest upgrade, which I'm sure you already know and would if you could kind of thing, Mageblood.
"
"
Piousqd wrote:

you did not list your POB for reference so I can't specifically say what you are doing wrong, so here are some general tips.

1) If you use Intensify support, make sure you take the Mastery that says "Spells which gain Intensity have +1 to maximum intensity"

2) Make sure your config sets Intensify/Intensity to 4 in the Skill Options section of the Configuration window on POB

3) The build does not require Power Charge on Crit to generate Power Charges. We gain power charges via two sources. Assassins Mark (make sure this has 20% quality) and Disciple of the Forbidden on the tree. You should be at max power charges whether mapping or against single target.

Thank you, I will check the intensity stack setting and see what that does to the calc.

I know it doesn't need the gem to gain charges. But power charge on crits "4% More damage per power charge" effect is huge on its own is my point/question

In case you are interested, I will update this later tonight with my POB. Here's my POE Ninja profile tho:

https://poe.ninja/builds/settlers/character/Piousqd/NvrPlayinRangerAgain?type=exp&i=2&search=name%3DNvr
Can someone also comment why we take the notable Hex Master? This seems like a wasted skill point

Both the Helm and Brand attached curses auto cast multiple times, effectively perma-cursing anything that doesn't die before the initial curse expires, right? So what does this accomplish, other than maybe not having to recast your brand on a uber boss?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info