[3.25] The Lazy Nova - Archmage MoM Crit Ice Nova of Frostbolts with Svalinn

"
aimfeld wrote:

I compared your PoB with mine: https://pobb.in/qml-EycKgK8X
Tbh I can't explain the mana issues either, but maybe I don't experience them because I haven't tried simulacrums. I have higher mana cost per second (780 vs 700) and a slightly smaller mana pool, since I don't take the mana mastery node. But while playing, I basically never run out of mana, unless I take a speed shrine. I don't need to pay any attention to mana at all, not even during the abomination boss fight.
In hideout, I can spam ice nova for 13 seconds before I run out of mana. Of course mana is not 100% full while spamming like in the Ziz version, but as long as it's not empty and refilling pretty quick it's not a problem (unlike with corrupted soul where mana is used as shield).

Maybe vaal ice nova of frostbolt is the issue somehow? Does it provide any benefits over normal ice nova of frostbolt?

corrupting souls does something else, mom is what makes you able to use mana as shield, so having mana up is very relevant for us.

hideout is not a good simulation (also imho you should be able to cast infinitely in hideout), aspirant's plaza is a little bit better since there your automation will proc.

i've tried to simulate a mapping loop in plaza:
nova, nova, frostblink, walk half step to reposition, repeat

with the node i can come back to full mana everytime, without the node i can't, so the defensive and offensive buffs granted by cloak became worse at every iteration.

note that also mom will became worse.

i've made a video of the test
"
tufferugli wrote:
"
aimfeld wrote:

corrupting souls does something else, mom is what makes you able to use mana as shield, so having mana up is very relevant for us.

hideout is not a good simulation (also imho you should be able to cast infinitely in hideout), aspirant's plaza is a little bit better since there your automation will proc.

i've tried to simulate a mapping loop in plaza:
nova, nova, frostblink, walk half step to reposition, repeat

with the node i can come back to full mana everytime, without the node i can't, so the defensive and offensive buffs granted by cloak became worse at every iteration.

note that also mom will became worse.

i've made a video of the test

Cool video, looks like your mana sustain is pretty solid! Looks like it makes sense to take the mana mastery. I stand corrected, I confused MoM and corrupted soul.
Would anyone be kind enough to review my POB?

Link: https://pobb.in/JkxxudZljhBT

I've done the cluster version, but my DPS in POB has gone down massively.

I know I need to switch out to Ele curse on my wand as well.
Last edited by AdmiralSausage on Sep 9, 2024, 6:45:42 PM
"
Would anyone be kind enough to review my POB?

Link: https://pobb.in/JkxxudZljhBT

I've done the cluster version, but my DPS in POB has gone down massively.

I know I need to switch out to Ele curse on my wand as well.

hello. Thank you for posting your POB. Here are some comments that you may consider:

* Your watchers eye is providing almost no benefits. We cap our ES leech in the game with Light Eater on the tree. I would recommend changing the Watchers Eye to be one that has at least one good Wrath mod, typically people are using "Increased Lightning Damage when effected by Wrath"

* Your custom configuration looks wrong. You have added the stats for the Haunted Enchant but you don't yet have the haunted enchant on the weapon

* You made a mistake when pathing to the Unnatural Instinct jewel in the tree. You went the wrong way around the circle which results in reduced stats. Take the two life regen nodes, do not take the two increased mana nodes (the jewel blocks any allocated nodes and grants us all the unallocated nodes. Since we want the Increased Mana stats, we do not want those nodes allocated).

* You should change the mana mastery from 10% reduced cost of skills, to 10% Chance to Recover Mana when you use a skill. The reduced cost of skills, most of us find, is not needed in the build but the chance to recover mana is important.

* The two points you spent getting Second Skin are very expensive because we don't benefit too much from armor. You should think about removing that jewel, saving the two tree points to use elsewhere and adding in a rare jewel that is a 2% attack block and 3% spell block. This will cap attack block for you and get you close with spell block.

* The helmet +1 Power charge is very important and is not too expensive at this point in the league

* Your Amulet anoint must be changed. You have anointed Prodigal Perfection but we already allocate that node on the tree (look over to the right of the Militant Faith jewel). Allocate "Infused" instead
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 9, 2024, 7:53:12 PM
Thank you so much! I'll make those changes.

Unfortunately I'm on console so +1 pier charge Kitava is quite hard to get.

Either of these worth further crafting? Thought about exalt slamming the first one but I'm not sure if there is anything better I can do.
Could you explain why change wrath for zealotry?
"
surubinha wrote:
Could you explain why change wrath for zealotry?

The aura is a bit of personal choice.

Zealotry provides more chance to reach crit cap and creates consecrated ground which can help for players no longer using Bottled Faith after getting a Mageblood

Wrath is pure damage

Purity of Elements is the lazymans way to fix a bunch of resists and get ailment immunity

These are the three main auras people typically choose between.
"
NVB43 wrote:

Either of these worth further crafting? Thought about exalt slamming the first one but I'm not sure if there is anything better I can do.

I am not educated in crafting but it can't hurt to toss an exalt at the first one.

Note that if you try and craft in the future, we recommend using a Profane Wand as a base.
I wanted to expand more on our discussion about testing in hideout. I originally thought that not having Arcane Cloak up was the main issue with testing in hide out but there is more.

Beyond Arcane Cloak not proccing in hideout, there are these two issues:

1) In hideout, we don't have the haunted enchant, which means we don't have our full cast speed

2) As an offshoot of not having Arcane Cloak, we also do not have Arcane Surge, which means again less cast speed, as well as less Mana regen

With this build, it certainly much better to go into a map (or any area that monsters can spawn, like Bestiary) and do what little test we can there.

One example is that I can spam Ice Nova infinitely in hideout and never run out of mana, but if I do the same test in bestiary I will run out of mana eventually.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 10, 2024, 12:28:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info