[3.25] The Lazy Nova - Archmage MoM Crit Ice Nova of Frostbolts with Svalinn

We can make use of one of these mods but not both, right?
Last edited by NVB43 on Sep 5, 2024, 4:15:54 PM
"
NVB43 wrote:
We can make use of one of these mods but not both, right?

Yes we can use only one mod on that specific watchers eye as our build only has one aura. Our build would need to be running both Wrath and Zealotry for both mods to take effect.

Since we are only running one aura, you want to look for Watcher's Eye's that only have mods for the aura your specific build is using. 1 mod is fine, 2 mods is even better.

Having other aura's mods on the watcher's eye won't hurt you of course, they will just be ignored.

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 5, 2024, 4:30:57 PM
"
TheGreatLee wrote:
https://pobb.in/1j8Ln9IsZijW

What am i doing wrong? Or is my POB configured wrong?

can you provide some more information in terms of what you feel is incorrect so that we can better assist you?

In general you have no config set at all in this POB. Go to your Config window in Path of Building and make it look like the one in the build guide listed in the first post of this thread.

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 5, 2024, 4:30:08 PM
HMM maybe thats the problem i dont see how i can possibly be at 2mill overall damage...theres no way lol
"
TheGreatLee wrote:
HMM maybe thats the problem i dont see how i can possibly be at 2mill overall damage...theres no way lol

yes, you need to set up your configuration to see what your optimal DPS is in game.

There are many settings that you need to tweak based on your individual build.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 5, 2024, 5:01:46 PM
"
tufferugli wrote:

i would like to apologize...

while testing in pob i didn't anointed the badge... my bad, sorry.

ralakesh/badge will in fact boost the dps a lot (from 160M to 200M in my case).

having said so, i honestly couldn't feel the dps increase ingame (tried some test runs against regular searing exarch) and, to be completely honest, the mana regen felt very scuffed...

did someone else tried it?

No need to apologize! In the meantime, I've made a couple more adjustments, replaced Rumi's with a Reckless Defense, and Purity of Elements with Zealotry. Purity of elements is only used by a 4% of Archmage/Svalinn/Mageblood setups on poe.ninja, Wrath is at 23% and Zealotry at 69%. Not sure it's that much better, but definitely more popular and adds lots of DPS.

I sacrificed some DPS for more tankiness and I'm currently over 1m EHP and at 159m DPS. I could get the DPS quite a bit higher if I replace the Granite with a Bismuth flask and then use a militant faith with ele damage and a better DPS ring, but I prefer more EHP and not depending on the Rumi flask which is not reliable when you need it most (bosses). Had to give up the quicksilver, but the Wintry Blast is so ridiculously fast with the 8 frenzy charge cast speed that I basically don't feel it when mapping.

I still have no mana problems despite the crazy cast speed, and I didn't even allocate the Mana Mastery (10% chance to Recover 10% mana) because I have a 5% reduced mana cost ring. The militant faith helps a lot too (reduced mana cost per devotion) and also the Tireless passive. But the Mana Mastery helps a lot more than the ring, I tested quite a bit.

I'm currently looking at builds which use two large clusters for improvements.

My current PoB: https://pobb.in/dXRZ_VZF4VWJ
Last edited by aimfeld on Sep 5, 2024, 5:50:45 PM
"
aimfeld wrote:
"
tufferugli wrote:

having said so, i honestly couldn't feel the dps increase ingame (tried some test runs against regular searing exarch) and, to be completely honest, the mana regen felt very scuffed...

No need to apologize! In the meantime, I've made a couple more adjustments, replaced Rumi's with a Reckless Defense, and Purity of Elements with Zealotry. Purity of elements is only used by a 4% of Archmage/Svalinn/Mageblood setups on poe.ninja, Wrath is at 23% and Zealotry at 69%. Not sure it's that much better, but definitely more popular and adds lots of DPS.

I sacrificed some DPS for more tankiness and I'm currently over 1m EHP and at 159m DPS. I could get the DPS quite a bit higher if I replace the Granite with a Bismuth flask and then use a militant faith with ele damage and a better DPS ring, but I prefer more EHP and not depending on the Rumi flask which is not reliable when you need it most (bosses). Had to give up the quicksilver, but the Wintry Blast is so ridiculously fast with the 8 frenzy charge cast speed that I basically don't feel it when mapping.

I still have no mana problems despite the crazy cast speed, and I didn't even allocate the Mana Mastery (10% chance to Recover 10% mana) because I have a 5% reduced mana cost ring. The militant faith helps a lot too (reduced mana cost per devotion) and also the Tireless passive. But the Mana Mastery helps a lot more than the ring, I tested quite a bit.

great info and the build looks awesome!

I am one of the few using Purity but it solves so many problems for me I am struggling to change.

By comparison my DPS is 142m (168m when focused) and 1.14m EHP. But with these numbers I am still maintaining a huge 209% increased movement speed, which I am very addicted to now :)

I am going to study closely how much work it will take me to remove Rumi's and put in Bottled Faith. I really like this idea because that means the 88/88 block would not be conditional on Rumi's being active.

Thank you for sharing your build!

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 5, 2024, 6:44:50 PM
"
"
aimfeld wrote:
"
tufferugli wrote:

great info and the build looks awesome!

I am one of the few using Purity but it solves so many problems for me I am struggling to change.

By comparison my DPS is 142m (168m when focused) and 1.14m EHP. But with these numbers I am still maintaining a huge 209% increased movement speed, which I am very addicted to now :)

I am going to study closely how much work it will take me to remove Rumi's and put in Bottled Faith. I really like this idea because that means the 88/88 block would not be conditional on Rumi's being active.

Thank you for sharing your build!

yeah, today at work (after relizing the error in valuing ralakesh/badge) i was thinking what path to take.

using ralakesh/basge bascially force me to use a 4th magic flask to cap res (to be fair i could use some new gloves, but flasks are less expensive) so the choice was to drop either bottled faith or rumi and substitute them with rational doctrine or replica reckless defense respectively.

i came to the same conclusion as you: i really like the idea of being block capped without active flasks, so i'm gonna cut rumi in favour of a quicksilver flask with ele res (ralakesh's boots have no mov speed and moving feels slooooow).

i haven't fully committed to the plan yet because i need a fair amount of tattoos and/or a good block corruption on shield to reach full block, so for now i'm still testing with rumi and uncapped res (64% / 74% / 41%).

the funny part is that svalinn is so broken that i still managed to do deathless 250% quant t17s 😅

while i could still not tell if ralakesh/badge was better or not while mapping (thrash mobs are still trash even in t17s), against t17s bosses i felt that the damage was indeed more.

maybe is because they have uber scaling?

anyway, today i didn't have much time to play, i hope that tomorrow i'll have some more time to test, but i kinda feel that this is the right direction
Last edited by tufferugli on Sep 5, 2024, 7:20:49 PM
https://pobb.in/5AHAAjzU3hef

Hi! Thanks for this amazing build. Thanks to it and the auction house, as a casual player, I’ve never made it this far or had such a strong build since 2013! I’m now at the point where I’m thinking about saving up to buy a Mageblood for the first time. I think I have a few good items (like the wand, Watcher's Eye...), but I’m open to any suggestions if you see a way to improve my gear or tree without spending too much. I’m also looking for a new farming method. T17 maps are easy, but I die in Ultimatums on T16. Thanks a lot!
"
TheWizz87 wrote:
https://pobb.in/5AHAAjzU3hef

Hi! Thanks for this amazing build. Thanks to it and the auction house, as a casual player, I’ve never made it this far or had such a strong build since 2013! I’m now at the point where I’m thinking about saving up to buy a Mageblood for the first time. I think I have a few good items (like the wand, Watcher's Eye...), but I’m open to any suggestions if you see a way to improve my gear or tree without spending too much. I’m also looking for a new farming method. T17 maps are easy, but I die in Ultimatums on T16. Thanks a lot!

*I had amazing luck with this farming strat on 8 mod T16's. Run this for a while and you will have a mageblood in no time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj4RUuzmuvE&ab_channel=aer0

*Add "Chance to Unnerve on hit" on glove implicit for DPS boost
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 6, 2024, 12:25:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info