[3.25] The Lazy Nova - Archmage MoM Crit Ice Nova of Frostbolts with Svalinn

"
Fealwen wrote:
"
mysboy6 wrote:
Beside get more point, what else should i priority to upgrade, is there any way i can remove rumi with bottle faith or progenesis. Build feel really fun, the dmg is nuts but still die and stil can't nuke t17 boss yet
https://pobb.in/jjAZFQwAvESN

- Before everything %70 effect and %25 effect prefix on all flasks.

- Get watchers eye with chaos res purity of ele

- Then get rid of amethyst flask and use sulphur flask

- Better wand with haunted mod (this will be huge for you and why you can't nuke bosses :D)

- Boots with chaos res

Haven't looked it on pob, these are what comes to my mind just by looking through website. You can follow them by order. And no you can't replace rumi's cause its one of the most important parts of the build (it gives a lot of chance to block with block chance is lucky affix on shield)

cool , thanks, the wand with that enchant is really expensive, so i try to looking for small upgrade first
"
Fealwen wrote:

- Better wand with haunted mod (this will be huge for you and why you can't nuke bosses :D)

- Boots with chaos res

Haven't looked it on pob, these are what comes to my mind just by looking through website. You can follow them by order. And no you can't replace rumi's cause its one of the most important parts of the build (it gives a lot of chance to block with block chance is lucky affix on shield)

You can replace rumi's later on. I'm at 86/88 (could use tattoos to cap), but it requires a bit of tinkering with jewels. Replica Reckless Defence helps a ton, and with a couple of good rare jewels you can hit close to cap. That way you can use Bottled Faith, for more DPS.

You need to do some trade-offs, using Rumi's is easier. And maybe you can get more DPS by using Rumi's and getting good jewels, and ditching Bottled Faith. Haven't tested yet.
Last edited by ruialmeida on Sep 2, 2024, 7:17:51 AM
"
mysboy6 wrote:
"
Fealwen wrote:
"
mysboy6 wrote:
Beside get more point, what else should i priority to upgrade, is there any way i can remove rumi with bottle faith or progenesis. Build feel really fun, the dmg is nuts but still die and stil can't nuke t17 boss yet
https://pobb.in/jjAZFQwAvESN

- Boots with chaos res

cool , thanks, the wand with that enchant is really expensive, so i try to looking for small upgrade first

Your easiest upgrades are probably:
-Upgrade Flasks
-Get 20/20 gems
-Better wand
-Drop Faith and Steel (you are already way over the max in resistances) and you get 2 free points. Getting to 95, which is pretty easy, nets you 2 more points. So that's 4 points that can give you 2 jewel sockets in the cluster (1 for watcher eye, other your pick, Reckless Replica Defence helps a ton if you want to drop the Rumi's) and 2 other somewhere.

After that:
-Upgrade the Militant Faith. "Channeling Skills" is useless. Try to get +elemental dmg or +area damage.
-If you're gonna keep using Purity of Elements, then all the resists on gear can be changed. The easiest would be to replace the rare ring and/or the rare boots. Like Fealwen said, getting chaos res lets you drop the amethyst flask for a Sulphur one for example.
Last edited by ruialmeida on Sep 2, 2024, 7:25:41 AM
Hi, anyone have a detailed tutorial about how to craft a wand for our build? Loving the build btw! 😍
Last edited by mycoxlong22cm on Sep 2, 2024, 7:59:59 AM
"
mycoxlong22cm wrote:
Hi, anyone have a detailed tutorial about how to craft a wand for our build? Loving the build btw! 😍

1. Get Hybrid mana/spell damage fractured.
2. Essence spam spell damage. You're looking for t1 mana.
3. Prefix can't be changed and reforge caster. Going for t3+ cast speed. You can brick the item here by filling suffixes. If you fill suffixes you'll need to annul. Could also aug caster but not worth.
4. Once you get desireable cast speed, prefix can't be changed and 50/50 veiled orb. Looking for double damage/ double damage focus /multi near unique. If you hit cast speed you prefix can't be changed and start step 3 again.
5. Craft the one you miss with veiled orb.
6. Enchant with Tormented Spirits
Last edited by Scarecrow1414 on Sep 2, 2024, 8:40:39 AM
"
ruialmeida wrote:
Your easiest upgrades are probably:
-Upgrade Flasks
-Get 20/20 gems
-Better wand
-Drop Faith and Steel (you are already way over the max in resistances) and you get 2 free points. Getting to 95, which is pretty easy, nets you 2 more points. So that's 4 points that can give you 2 jewel sockets in the cluster (1 for watcher eye, other your pick, Reckless Replica Defence helps a ton if you want to drop the Rumi's) and 2 other somewhere.

After that:
-Upgrade the Militant Faith. "Channeling Skills" is useless. Try to get +elemental dmg or +area damage.
-If you're gonna keep using Purity of Elements, then all the resists on gear can be changed. The easiest would be to replace the rare ring and/or the rare boots. Like Fealwen said, getting chaos res lets you drop the amethyst flask for a Sulphur one for example.

An important thing about faith and steel node is that (people might overlook to it) it gives +4% chance to block attack damage with its all elemental resistance property (since it also contains fire resistance and bonus fire resistance inside the jewel's range becomes 32 from 24 thus giving you that amount). So I don't recommend dropping it.
i confirm that faith and steel is taken for the block chance
"
Fealwen wrote:

Andy, can you manage your mana while constantly spamming ice nova? I have a suggestion for you, you can get %50 cast speed while focused suffix on your glove if you want to push even further. However you might not be able to maintain your mana, have to check on pob tho..

And have you considered using melding of the flesh?

The only time my mana runs out when spamming is if I have certain shrines on. I have so much cast speed already that the shrines push me over the top. Note that this is when mapping. If I go to an area where there are no monsters and I just spam, I will eventually run out, but it is unrealistic to stand still for that long really when playing. Minddrinker assures that never happens when mapping since i am always topping off when killing packs.

I have not considered Melding. I have been focused on Tailwind/Elusive boots but I am struggling to find a combination of stats that make a difference in my POB especially considering the cost.

I may change my focus over to my gloves, which on the surface appear to be easy to upgrade but are surprisingly difficult if I want to keep the same level of mana, life, chaos res and lightning res on them.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Sep 2, 2024, 9:46:48 AM
"
"
Fealwen wrote:

Andy, can you manage your mana while constantly spamming ice nova? I have a suggestion for you, you can get %50 cast speed while focused suffix on your glove if you want to push even further. However you might not be able to maintain your mana, have to check on pob tho..

And have you considered using melding of the flesh?

The only time my mana runs out when spamming is if I have certain shrines on. I have so much cast speed already that the shrines push me over the top. Note that this is when mapping. If I go to an area where there are no monsters and I just spam, I will eventually run out, but it is unrealistic to stand still for that long really when playing. Minddrinker assures that never happens when mapping since i am always topping off when killing packs.

I have not considered Melding. I have been focused on Tailwind/Elusive boots but I am struggling to find a combination of stats that make a difference in my POB especially considering the cost.

I may change my focus over to my gloves, which on the surface appear to be easy to upgrade but are surprisingly difficult if I want to keep the same level of mana, life, chaos res and lightning res on them.

Ditch the tailwind boots idea and check for svalinn ice nova builds on poe ninja with max dps. I believe you love your frenzy charges :D, Ralakesh and badge of the brotherhood combo looks incredible. Some of the top ones use voices, however most of them just uses 2 large cluster jewels.
Last edited by Fealwen on Sep 2, 2024, 9:50:16 AM
"
"
periperi2 wrote:
"

here you go.

Oh you swapped out Corrupted Soul Timeless Jewel for Rational Doctrine. I suppose with your giga stacked gear you don't need the tankiness.

I swapped Corrupted Soul for Inner Conviction.

I added Rational Doctrine later to help me get to crit cap.

My health pool is lower now but the layers of defense I have are very very strong which more than make up for it:

88/88 Block
Elemental Ailment Immune
Curse Immune
Stun Immune
Crit Immune
Maim Immune
Corrupted Blood Immune
78% Ele Res
76% Chaos Res

I am not immortal by any means as we still are a bit vulnerable to physical and DOT but this feels very very good.

How are you getting 88 block? I’m stuck at 87 per my pob.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info