[3.25] The Lazy Nova - Archmage MoM Crit Ice Nova of Frostbolts with Svalinn

Hi ,

Been lurking this thread for some time now and i built my char following your POB.

https://pobb.in/zOzFogdUFAR6

am a new player and started to wet my feet in t17 recently, i can do juiced t16 no problem with some rare occasional death but mostly tanky. My problem is t17 , again am new and dont know wat all the mods do exactly but i have a faire knowledge of wat i should avoid.

Could you take a look at my gear i feel like on t17 i get 1 shotted too often or "suddenly low mana with no shield". Am pretty sure its me who isnt rolling the mods properly and running the badly rolled mods.

Mods i skip everytime are:
-reflect ele
-no regen
-no leech
-reduce block
-Players are Marked for Death for 10 seconds
-Players are assaulted by Bloodstained Sawblades
-Volatile Cores

PS: am farming to get upgrade to replace my rare equipment e.i boots/ring/belt/glove , they aren't the best.

Thank you in advance ^^
Last edited by blackwarrior37 on Aug 30, 2024, 5:48:26 AM
"
Please ignore this post if not interested in currency strats.

I did a test run of new farming strat (new to me) this morning and while I did not track what I made, it felt really good, so I decided to do a formal test later in the day and track closely.

================

Strat is all based around farming for T17 drops with gold as a large by product.

Map was chosen to focus on a good Div card that is not ultra rare (the Fortunate).

Sample size is small but I appear to be dropping one Fortunate every 4 maps or so.

================

Conclusion: Easy, fast, no waiting for league mechanics, buy maps in bulk quickly from TFT. Get in, blast like crazy, jump out and repeat.

Creates an endless amount of maps for the map runners (they farm for Fortunate as well now) and uniques for Rog to eat.

It is so smooth and enjoyable especially when using Vaal Ice Nova I am going to continue this for a long while I think.

do you have a atlas link?

I was running 8-mod myself to farm T17s and feels really good. div/h for me essence was a bit better - for the 8-mod you need to sell in bulk to really profit (new to me)
"
rapozaa wrote:
"
Please ignore this post if not interested in currency strats.

I did a test run of new farming strat (new to me) this morning and while I did not track what I made, it felt really good, so I decided to do a formal test later in the day and track closely.

================

Strat is all based around farming for T17 drops with gold as a large by product.

Map was chosen to focus on a good Div card that is not ultra rare (the Fortunate).

Sample size is small but I appear to be dropping one Fortunate every 4 maps or so.

================

Conclusion: Easy, fast, no waiting for league mechanics, buy maps in bulk quickly from TFT. Get in, blast like crazy, jump out and repeat.

Creates an endless amount of maps for the map runners (they farm for Fortunate as well now) and uniques for Rog to eat.

It is so smooth and enjoyable especially when using Vaal Ice Nova I am going to continue this for a long while I think.

do you have a atlas link?

I was running 8-mod myself to farm T17s and feels really good. div/h for me essence was a bit better - for the 8-mod you need to sell in bulk to really profit (new to me)

The strat comes from a player named Fred who shared it with the streamer Aer0. Aer0 put out a video on a slightly cheaper version (non 8 mod) but he said the 8 mod is so much better.

The atlas link is the video description BUT please make sure you read the very first post by Fred in the the comments, he gives some excellent tips if you want to run an 8 mod version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oj4RUuzmuvE&ab_channel=aer0
"
NVB43 wrote:
Got a lucky alter and I now have roughly 10 div to work with at the moment. Not a ton but a lot for me.

Do I go Bottled Faith? Militant Faith? Cluster setup? Does some of my gear need fixing?

https://pobb.in/DMJY-c4xlGRN

Have a bit of paralysis by having so much available to me right now that I don't really know the best way forward.

I'm also trying to do some T17 map farming. Not sure if twist of fate is worth running for the extra mods or if it would be better to go without it and keep running jungle valley.

hello! congrats on the lucky alter! I have not seen one all league

I would go Militant Faith to start and then large cluster setup (you should be able to afford both with 10D).

But if you play at all before you swap to Militant Faith please deallocate the Hex Master keystone. It is terrible for our build. That keystone is only suppose to be allocated AFTER you install a Militant Faith because it will change the Keystone from Hex Master to Inner Conviction.
"
flokihaoe wrote:
Hello guys,

Thanks for your build, looks amazing.

This is my pob : https://pobb.in/S6AjjwEnuKuv

Do you think it's worth upgrading to an Svalinn or an Cloak of Defiance version ? Or just stay with this build ?

If this is the Zizz/Goratha original version from the beginning of the league, then yes, I think you will enjoy converting over to this Svalinn/Cloak version we have in this thread. This build is significantly tankier than the Zizz version.
"
Hi ,

Been lurking this thread for some time now and i built my char following your POB.

https://pobb.in/zOzFogdUFAR6

am a new player and started to wet my feet in t17 recently, i can do juiced t16 no problem with some rare occasional death but mostly tanky. My problem is t17 , again am new and dont know wat all the mods do exactly but i have a faire knowledge of wat i should avoid.

Could you take a look at my gear i feel like on t17 i get 1 shotted too often or "suddenly low mana with no shield". Am pretty sure its me who isnt rolling the mods properly and running the badly rolled mods.

Mods i skip everytime are:
-reflect ele
-no regen
-no leech
-reduce block
-Players are Marked for Death for 10 seconds
-Players are assaulted by Bloodstained Sawblades
-Volatile Cores

PS: am farming to get upgrade to replace my rare equipment e.i boots/ring/belt/glove , they aren't the best.

Thank you in advance ^^

I don't run T17's so I can't help you with the T17 specific mods. You probably want to avoid Hexproof to the T16's mod if you want a little more safety.

As for your build here are a couple of comments:

* Your Diamond Flask and Silver Flask both have "Increased Critical Strike chance" as a suffix. In POE this will not work as we are not allowed to have the same suffix on two flasks. So one of them is being totally ignored. My recommendation is to change the Diamond flask suffix into something else you need (reduced curse effect, reduced shock effect etc)

* Your tree looks very good. You might be ready to make the transition to the large cluster version which offers many advantages. See the first post in the thread for the Large Cluster version information down in the POB section of the post.

* Add quality to Automation for a better up time of Arcane Cloak

* Finish adding quality to Sigil of Power for more defense

What do you think about forbidden flesh and flame to allocate unwavering crusade?
I've seen this with few ice nova builds on poe.ninja, maybe its for watchers eye additional mods?
Last edited by Madara1337 on Aug 30, 2024, 7:57:26 AM
"
Madara1337 wrote:
What do you think about forbidden flesh and flame to allocate unwavering crusade?
I've seen this with few ice nova builds on poe.ninja, maybe its for watchers eye additional mods?

It is an interesting idea but a tricky one to make work in our build.

If we could some how guarantee Wrath, this would be an amazing addition to the build but 66% of the time, you will not get Wrath. The other two auras the Sentinel provides do not benefit our build.

IMO, this issue makes it a significantly less reliable mechanism to count on and two socket spots are too valuable to spend on something we can't specifically build around.

I will take a look around poeninja to see if there is a mechanism I am unaware of that could make the Sentinel more reliable for our build.
wow, did I greatly undervalue Kingsmarch :(

Now that I am drowning in gold I have been really spending a lot in Kingsmarch and it has produced 41d just since last night!

10 divine from my runners (divines and puzzle boxes), and I sent out two shipments today that brought back a mirror shard (29 divines) and 2 raw divines.
"
"
NVB43 wrote:
Got a lucky alter and I now have roughly 10 div to work with at the moment. Not a ton but a lot for me.

Do I go Bottled Faith? Militant Faith? Cluster setup? Does some of my gear need fixing?

https://pobb.in/DMJY-c4xlGRN

Have a bit of paralysis by having so much available to me right now that I don't really know the best way forward.

I'm also trying to do some T17 map farming. Not sure if twist of fate is worth running for the extra mods or if it would be better to go without it and keep running jungle valley.

hello! congrats on the lucky alter! I have not seen one all league

I would go Militant Faith to start and then large cluster setup (you should be able to afford both with 10D).

But if you play at all before you swap to Militant Faith please deallocate the Hex Master keystone. It is terrible for our build. That keystone is only suppose to be allocated AFTER you install a Militant Faith because it will change the Keystone from Hex Master to Inner Conviction.

Did some looking into this in PoB this morning and it looks like the transition to a cluster setup with Doryani's Lesson and Scintillating Idea along with adding a Militant Faith my DPS and EHP actually go down. Might be overlooking something.

Current state (with Hex Master removed): https://pobb.in/Mo8k1G3kI3Xe

Cluster Migration: https://pobb.in/L1yCyxas8CmI

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info