[3.25] The Lazy Nova - Archmage MoM Crit Ice Nova of Frostbolts with Svalinn

"
NVB43 wrote:

Did some looking into this in PoB this morning and it looks like the transition to a cluster setup with Doryani's Lesson and Scintillating Idea along with adding a Militant Faith my DPS and EHP actually go down. Might be overlooking something.

Current state (with Hex Master removed): https://pobb.in/Mo8k1G3kI3Xe

Cluster Migration: https://pobb.in/L1yCyxas8CmI

the point of the cluster migration is to:
1. get leech from doryani's lesson
2. drop leech on gloves to add exposure on hit
3. add 2 jewels sockets to get max spell block, damage, ehp, etc

there's no point in switching to the cluster jewel if you are not adding the 2 rare jewels

with 2 block spell+mana jewels you get more ehp
https://pobb.in/t-HyZo-jnLlN
"
NVB43 wrote:
"
"
NVB43 wrote:
Got a lucky alter and I now have roughly 10 div to work with at the moment. Not a ton but a lot for me.

Do I go Bottled Faith? Militant Faith? Cluster setup? Does some of my gear need fixing?

https://pobb.in/DMJY-c4xlGRN

Have a bit of paralysis by having so much available to me right now that I don't really know the best way forward.

I'm also trying to do some T17 map farming. Not sure if twist of fate is worth running for the extra mods or if it would be better to go without it and keep running jungle valley.

hello! congrats on the lucky alter! I have not seen one all league

I would go Militant Faith to start and then large cluster setup (you should be able to afford both with 10D).

But if you play at all before you swap to Militant Faith please deallocate the Hex Master keystone. It is terrible for our build. That keystone is only suppose to be allocated AFTER you install a Militant Faith because it will change the Keystone from Hex Master to Inner Conviction.

Did some looking into this in PoB this morning and it looks like the transition to a cluster setup with Doryani's Lesson and Scintillating Idea along with adding a Militant Faith my DPS and EHP actually go down. Might be overlooking something.

Current state (with Hex Master removed): https://pobb.in/Mo8k1G3kI3Xe

Cluster Migration: https://pobb.in/L1yCyxas8CmI

hello!

* Don't forget to change your glove implicit as you do not need life leech any more. Change that to Lightning Exposure

* The power of the large cluster comes from the two jewel sockets that you do not yet have allocated. You will be able to get a Watcher's eye and another powerful rare jewel that will do a lot for your build.

So don't be disappointed that your stats went down. When you take care of the glove implicit and get yourself two good jewels, things will look much better.

Also when you look to upgrade in the future, you really need to focus on your flasks. You are missing a lot of good stuff. The build does not require a mana flask, we don't require chance to freeze/shock/ignite etc. Take a look at the various build guide flasks for some ideas on how to improve these.

Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 30, 2024, 11:21:30 AM
"

hello!

* Don't forget to change your glove implicit as you do not need life leech any more. Change that to Lightning Exposure

* The power of the large cluster comes from the two jewel sockets that you do not yet have allocated. You will be able to get a Watcher's eye and another powerful rare jewel that will do a lot for your build.

So don't be disappointed that your stats went down. When you take care of the glove implicit and get yourself two good jewels, things will look much better.

Also when you look to upgrade in the future, you really need to focus on your flasks. You are missing a lot of good stuff. The build does not require a mana flask, we don't require chance to freeze/shock/ignite etc. Take a look at the various build guide flasks for some ideas on how to improve these.

Yea getting the jewels in there makes sense but I just don't have the passive points for it yet. Need two more levels or need to find points to remove somewhere.
"
NVB43 wrote:
"

hello!

Yea getting the jewels in there makes sense but I just don't have the passive points for it yet. Need two more levels or need to find points to remove somewhere.

levels 96 and 97 are not too bad. Just chain run T16's and you will get there pretty quickly.

Has anyone tried the ralakesh/botb setup? I'm getting a mageblood soon and looking for some build improvements. I'm probably getting a 4-flask mb just to have all options.
"
aimfeld wrote:
Has anyone tried the ralakesh/botb setup? I'm getting a mageblood soon and looking for some build improvements. I'm probably getting a 4-flask mb just to have all options.

I have not tried the version but I have looked at a couple of POBs and it does not look that different than ours from a DPS/EHP stand point especially when comparing to builds with the same aura (builds with Wrath/Zealotry will typically be more DPS than builds with Purity of Elements for example).

But the ones I chose were random on poeninja, so I have no idea if they were min maxed.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 30, 2024, 12:47:18 PM
In which order would you suggest one does the upgrades: 21/20 gems, grinding for Haunted enchant, and Mageblood?
"
In which order would you suggest one does the upgrades: 21/20 gems, grinding for Haunted enchant, and Mageblood?

well it is really up to you.

21/20 - provides a small upgrade for a small cost

Haunted provides a large upgrade for a large cost

Mageblood provides a massive upgrade for a massive cost

There is no right or wrong answer. If your prefer small incremental changes, start knocking out the gems. If you want to put blinders on and just save every penny for Mageblood, do that. :)
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 30, 2024, 2:07:54 PM
"
"

well it is really up to you.

21/20 - provides a small upgrade for a small cost

Haunted provides a large upgrade for a large cost

Mageblood provides a massive upgrade for a massive cost

There is not right or wrong answer. If your prefer small incremental changes, start knocking out the gems. If you want to put blinders on and just save every penny for Mageblood, do that. :)

Ahh cool, thanks! Just wanted to check if there's a preferred order. I will need to craft a new wand for haunted so that'll be a bit more than just the enchant, but I'll have a think on what I want to do! Currently just trying to find a strat that I like for grinding divs.
Hi guys, if 15 div and mageblood will be enough for a decent char to farm t17?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info