[3.25] The Lazy Nova - Archmage MoM Crit Ice Nova of Frostbolts with Svalinn

Since I can now achieve 100% crit chance with out the need for Infusion, I thought I would take a peak and see what was the best DPS node to anoint the amulet with.

In my build, Marked for Death gets the top spot. I guess that makes sense in that since it is culling strike, it is effectively 10% more damage for one anoint.

However, in my play style, I only use the Assassins Mark very very rarely. So I would be giving up my entire anoint for just a very small niche use.

The second highest is Steeped in Profane which gives two stats

1) 15% Reduced Effect of Curses on you (this is meaningless as I already have 100% reduced effect).

2) 10% Increased effect of your curses

Number 2 is interesting. It not only gives me a nice little boost of top end damage, it also gives some defense as well as it improved Enfeeble. But this also suffers from the same problem as Marked For Death in that I rarely use 3 of my curses when playing.

I so hesitate to go away from Mind Drinker as my anoint. The last time I did that I was running out of mana constantly. I should try it again though and see if I can find something I am comfortable with.

I can always just anoint something like Nimbleness (cast speed and crit multi) and call it a day.
Was hoping to get some thoughts on what to do gearwise for upgrades.

https://pobb.in/u/Dilbert/t4R-qB317Q5I

Some notes:
1. My block chance is lowish, since I sacrifice using a Rumi's for Bottled Faith + 4 Utility flasks + mageblood

2. I allocate +1 endurance charge, and use a +1 min. endurance charge mod on my ring.

3. I've been trying to see if I can get +4 passive points to path to Sanctuary to compensate for the lack of rumi's, but it's not possible without major sacrifices to mana.

4. I could do with a better wand, but that would mean also getting enough power runes for another runesmith for tormented spirits, which is doable, but i wanted to see if there were other more straightforward upgrades first.
"
Dilbert wrote:
Was hoping to get some thoughts on what to do gearwise for upgrades.

https://pobb.in/u/Dilbert/t4R-qB317Q5I

Some notes:
1. My block chance is lowish, since I sacrifice using a Rumi's for Bottled Faith + 4 Utility flasks + mageblood

2. I allocate +1 endurance charge, and use a +1 min. endurance charge mod on my ring.

3. I've been trying to see if I can get +4 passive points to path to Sanctuary to compensate for the lack of rumi's, but it's not possible without major sacrifices to mana.

4. I could do with a better wand, but that would mean also getting enough power runes for another runesmith for tormented spirits, which is doable, but i wanted to see if there were other more straightforward upgrades first.

*The very first thing you need to do is change your Militant Faith. You over wrote the key node Heart of Thunder.

* You can sneak quite a bit of attack block using Attack Block tattoos on your +10 strength nodes. From a quick look I think you can cap attack block at 88% using this method and still have enough strength left over to run the build

* You could benefit by removing 3 points and freeing up one more jewel socket. And you have 3 very easy points to give up. Remove the two going to Faith and Steel (we have no armor to speak of in the build and you don't need the resists), and then remove the bottom node in the Arcane Capacitor wheel. You can use those three points to head south and get a jewel socket. Get one with Corrupted blood immunity as that will free up a very valuable suffix on your Quicksilver flask that you can use any way you want to help the build.

* The enchantment on your armor is actually lowering your EHP. You are replacing a decent amount of ES with a smaller amount of life.
today the same friend that gave me the haunted wand decided to also gift me the most broken item in the game 😍

i didn't have a plan ready for it, since i didn't think i would be able to get one.
i started theorycrafting, but i soon found out that the belt gives so much options that i couldn't commit to anything, so for now i'm keeping both bottled faith and rumi and i'm using just 3 magic flasks to gain a lot of chaos res, amped onslaught, crit cap and ailments/curse/stun immunity

the life flask that i was using gave me bleeding immunity, so, in order to mantaining it, i bought a corrupted anathema with bleeding cannot be inflicted to you.

following Andy's advice i also started to use Lunaris as my major pantheon.
i did a simulacrum test run and, boy oh boy, the game now is in easy mode.

i also managed to broke down The Blight Knight 😅

this is not final by any means, but if you are interested here's the pob

https://pobb.in/Qgu2d9mfbP7M
Please ignore this post if not interested in currency strats.

I did a test run of new farming strat (new to me) this morning and while I did not track what I made, it felt really good, so I decided to do a formal test later in the day and track closely.

===============

Investment (for 50 maps):

8 Mod Maps: 50 x 12 = 600 chaos

Map Device: 50 x 3 = 150 chaos

Scarabs = 50 x 7 = 350 chaos

Total Chaos Invested = 600 + 150 + 350 = 1100 chaos = 7 Divines (at the time of purchase)

================

Total Return over the 50 maps: 46 Divines

================

Profit = 46 - 7 = 39 divines

================

Time Spent

50 x 3.5 minutes = 175 minutes or 2.9 hours

================

Profit per map = 39/50 = .78 divines per map

Profit per hour = 39/2.9 = 13.4 divines per hour

================

Gold made over the 50 maps = over 1.35 million (!!). A little over 27k a map on average.

================

Strat is all based around farming for T17 drops with gold as a large by product.

Map was chosen to focus on a good Div card that is not ultra rare (the Fortunate).

Sample size is small but I appear to be dropping one Fortunate every 4 maps or so.

================

Conclusion: Easy, fast, no waiting for league mechanics, buy maps in bulk quickly from TFT. Get in, blast like crazy, jump out and repeat.

Creates an endless amount of maps for the map runners (they farm for Fortunate as well now) and uniques for Rog to eat.

It is so smooth and enjoyable especially when using Vaal Ice Nova I am going to continue this for a long while I think.
"

Which scarabs did you use?

I tried using strat from reddit of using 2x Ambush, 1x Discernment and 2x Hidden in 10 maps runs. First run I made 10 divs but second run I broke even.
"
periperi2 wrote:
"

Which scarabs did you use?

I tried using strat from reddit of using 2x Ambush, 1x Discernment and 2x Hidden in 10 maps runs. First run I made 10 divs but second run I broke even.

Incursion Scarab of Invasion (2)

Influencing Scarab of the Elder (1)

Cartography Scarab of Escalation (1)

Scarab of Hunted Traitors (1)
I decided I did not like self casting Enduring Cry. I was either never using it or using it at the wrong time.

So now I am test driving Summon Lightning Golem in the shield.

He will have next to no up time in hard content, however, I just ran a regular alch and go T16 and he had near 100% up time once he got summoned the first time. He died once in the map but was re-summoned immediately.

12% Cast speed when ever he is around seems decent enough. I will see how he does in my T17 map drop strat tomorrow.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 30, 2024, 1:11:40 AM
Got a lucky alter and I now have roughly 10 div to work with at the moment. Not a ton but a lot for me.

Do I go Bottled Faith? Militant Faith? Cluster setup? Does some of my gear need fixing?

https://pobb.in/DMJY-c4xlGRN

Have a bit of paralysis by having so much available to me right now that I don't really know the best way forward.

I'm also trying to do some T17 map farming. Not sure if twist of fate is worth running for the extra mods or if it would be better to go without it and keep running jungle valley.
Hello guys,

Thanks for your build, looks amazing.

This is my pob : https://pobb.in/S6AjjwEnuKuv

Do you think it's worth upgrading to an Svalinn or an Cloak of Defiance version ? Or just stay with this build ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info