[3.25] The Lazy Nova - Archmage MoM Crit Ice Nova of Frostbolts with Svalinn

Hi guys,

I regrett not making the transition to svalinn sooner, but I got around to do it recently. I think I hit a wall in terms of "achievable" upgrades in the near future.

I'm running a version with HH, so resistances gave me some troubles. I was running a 21 purification of elements, but I managed to get a high-triple res boots and gloves to help me cap and make the switch to Wrath. I'm still missing +2% cold, but I'm gonna replace one of the jewels in the cluster to cap that. I'm also running 2 tattoos to help me cap Block Attack Damage.

In terms of major future upgrades:
-Perfectly rolled rumi's
-21 lvl gems
-Mageblood
-Haunted spirits enchant
-Double buff Watcher's eye
-Some nice corruptions

Apart from that what else would you suggest?

https://pobb.in/2fdF9QTkwAKE
Last edited by ruialmeida on Aug 28, 2024, 5:16:15 AM
I'm having so much fun with this build!! Vibing my way through the mines, currently at depth 500. Running the large jewel version, can't wait for a mageblood upgrade later!
"
I'm having so much fun with this build!! Vibing my way through the mines, currently at depth 500. Running the large jewel version, can't wait for a mageblood upgrade later!

With mageblood + haunted enchant + action speed, it's just bonkers lol. If I had mageblood while trying to farm mageblood, it'd take half the time needed :D.
"
ruialmeida wrote:
Hi guys,

I regrett not making the transition to svalinn sooner, but I got around to do it recently. I think I hit a wall in terms of "achievable" upgrades in the near future.

I'm running a version with HH, so resistances gave me some troubles. I was running a 21 purification of elements, but I managed to get a high-triple res boots and gloves to help me cap and make the switch to Wrath. I'm still missing +2% cold, but I'm gonna replace one of the jewels in the cluster to cap that. I'm also running 2 tattoos to help me cap Block Attack Damage.

In terms of major future upgrades:
-Perfectly rolled rumi's
-21 lvl gems
-Mageblood
-Haunted spirits enchant
-Double buff Watcher's eye
-Some nice corruptions

Apart from that what else would you suggest?

https://pobb.in/2fdF9QTkwAKE

Welcome to team Lazy Nova! Good call, many Archmage Ice Nova players are including Svalinn now. Two weeks ago, it was 28%, now it's 42% according to poe.ninja build statistics.

I'm also running a HH until I get mageblood. Maybe you find some ideas in setup, search for MagyMcArchface on poe.ninja. I will add another Rational Doctrine jewel, I can post a PoB when I'm back from work if you like.
"
NVB43 wrote:
Trying to figure out where I might have some holes. Anyone mind taking a look?

https://pobb.in/JkbbKTghMKEy

1. I know I need Anathema, just need to get some more res to make it fit.
2. I don't have enough currency for The Light of Meaning or Bottled Faith yet but I know I need those.
3. Eventually need to get lvl 21 gems.

Mostly just looking for thoughts on if I'm overlooking anything else major that I could shore up quickly.

You are headed in the right direction.

Don't forget quality on your flasks for better up time.

Make sure you add quality to the gems that require it (refer to first posts POB to see which ones do and don't need quality). Assassins Mark is the most important to add quality too if you want to prioritize.
"
Genji084 wrote:
"
"
Genji084 wrote:
Hi guys,
Can someone give me some advice what to do with my skill tree?

If I can gather the currency I can change a few nodes, like Ash, frost and Storm + Forethought = 8 skill points + 2 from lvl so I can allocate a large lightning cluster with life leech, so I can change my gloves implicits and of course add 2 jewels like Storm Shroud for immunity, Watchers Eye or just good rare jewey..

I feel I should upgrade my weapon after that.. But, the haunted by torm spirits is so f'ing expensive :/ and I feel I lost my mind getting a Mage Blood already xD.. Any other tips to maybe make a good weapon?

Suggestions are more than welcome <3

hello!

Please post your POB and we can take a look.

https://pobb.in/2mSWeX-9v752

I made a cheap large cluster as place holder - hoping to get the right one later.

This looks solid! Nice job getting a mageblood in place. And it looks like you made a bunch of the changes you wanted to

- Upgrade the Diamond flask when you can, you can get some more crit chance there

- I agree the weapon is the next item to focus on. That is going to take you to the next level. Since your mageblood setup is not giving you movement speed, the 35% movement speed will feel really good from the enchant

- You can cap spell block once you upgrade the Svalinn but that can come after the weapon

"
With mageblood + haunted enchant + action speed, it's just bonkers lol. If I had mageblood while trying to farm mageblood, it'd take half the time needed :D.

Aaaa I can't wait for the haunted enchant!!

I was thinking of maybe swapping my Militant Faith for one with "Immune to Elemental Ailments while on consecrated ground", but I don't know if I'll lose too much of anything else if I do.
Last edited by ChronicallyEve on Aug 28, 2024, 8:19:37 AM
"
"

I was thinking of maybe swapping my Militant Faith for one with "Immune to Elemental Ailments while on consecrated ground", but I don't know if I'll lose too much of anything else if I do.

I've tried that one but that's a no no if you want ailment immunity cause most of the time you aren't on consec ground(Linger mechanic can help but it becomes inefficient to invest in both). Reduced duration is better on that jewel however as I said before, it does not nullify the ailment you inflict on yourself through reflect mod on altars.

It definitely feels smoother with immunity though I believe it's not necessary.
"
Genji084 wrote:
"
"
Genji084 wrote:
Hi guys,
Can someone give me some advice what to do with my skill tree?

If I can gather the currency I can change a few nodes, like Ash, frost and Storm + Forethought = 8 skill points + 2 from lvl so I can allocate a large lightning cluster with life leech, so I can change my gloves implicits and of course add 2 jewels like Storm Shroud for immunity, Watchers Eye or just good rare jewey..

I feel I should upgrade my weapon after that.. But, the haunted by torm spirits is so f'ing expensive :/ and I feel I lost my mind getting a Mage Blood already xD.. Any other tips to maybe make a good weapon?

Suggestions are more than welcome <3

hello!

Please post your POB and we can take a look.

https://pobb.in/2mSWeX-9v752

I made a cheap large cluster as place holder - hoping to get the right one later.

You should definitely get quicksilver flask with movement speed suffix when you are mapping. Even with boss fights(it helps with dodging). Like you won't even need frostblink :D
"
Fealwen wrote:
"
"

I've tried that one but that's a no no if you want ailment immunity cause most of the time you aren't on consec ground(Linger mechanic can help but it becomes inefficient to invest in both). Reduced duration is better on that jewel however as I said before, it does not nullify the ailment you inflict on yourself through reflect mod on altars.

It definitely feels smoother with immunity though I believe it's not necessary.

Ahh I see. I felt like I was always dropping consecrated ground with Bottled Faith, but I guess maybe it just felt like it? I haven't been checking super closely. Thanks for the reply!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info