[3.25] The Lazy Nova - Archmage MoM Crit Ice Nova of Frostbolts with Svalinn

"
Fealwen wrote:
"
"
Fealwen wrote:
Why don't you craft a better wand, I feel like you are missing ton of dps. Profane wand with cast speed..

who are you talking to?

Thought quoted your message :D. Was talking to you.

ahh! yes you are correct. Here is some back ground:

- I picked up my current wand very early, I think before most people realized how good the enchant was. I think the price went up almost 60d the day after I purchased.

- If you notice, my wand is actually more suited for a Spark build but I have been able to make use out of the projectile speed when doing certain farming strats

- Sadly I am not a crafter. I understand the basics but I can never get past the terrible feeling of failing and starting over. I would rather spend more for a great piece I buy than try and craft something myself even if on average crafting yourself is much cheaper.

- I could probably afford a nice upgrade in my wand right now but there is a catch. I would first have to sell my current wand and I want to keep playing and not wait for the sale :)

- And since the double corrupted armor and shield were very expensive, I am starting over with currency again. But my next project is saving up for a new wand.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 28, 2024, 4:32:15 PM
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 28, 2024, 8:57:22 PM
"

I guess it depends on your goals for your build. Mageblood is very flexible.

This is what I did for my build, so that you can compare

1) Switched to Purity of Elements for aura. Added watchers eye for a large amount of chaos res

2) Used 4 flask bases of: Silver, Diamond, Quicksilver, and Sulfur

3) Used 4 suffixes of: Reduced Curse Effect, Increased Crit Chance, Avoid Stun, Movement Speed

4) This flask set up gives the following:

Full Ailment/Curse/Stun Immunity, a ton of crit chance, a ton of movement speed, along with 78% increase damage, and capped chaos res

5) Then you can safely dump Brine King for the much stronger Lunaris

Thanks for the suggestions as always!

I decided to play around with some tailwind/elusive/onslaught boots & switched back to foible, but the stats look worse on paper than my old gear. Am I missing something about to configure this properly in POB, or is this just not a good setup for the build?

Old gear:

https://pobb.in/d85hBFLxKlI0

121M DPS, 325k EHP

New gear:

https://pobb.in/Xg-dORcRb81q

120M DPS, 262k (I forgot to check elusive before export) EHP
Last edited by Martingale7 on Aug 28, 2024, 6:19:08 PM
"
"
Dozdoz wrote:
Hello everybody and startng with a big thanks to OP for this guide !

This is my actual PoB : https://pobb.in/Lp-lzqdD9w_R

What you guys see that will be big upgrade for me ? The wand ? Way better rares ? Ailment immune but how ?

And if you can help me to get a good regex for T17 this will help me a lot cause its new for me and i struggle a bit, taking to much time to run T17 cause i'm afraid of rushing in to pack confidently.

Thanks and GL

you are off to a great start! Here are some comments as you progress

* Don't forget to add Eldritch implicits to yours boots, even just the cheapest ones will help

* Stormdrinker in the large cluster is not too good for us. ES Leech has a cap and we hit the cap with Light Eater in the tree. In a future upgrade, change that node to something else. (note the same thing happened with your Watchers Eye but no need to change it out any time soon since the other mod is very good)

* Ailment immunity typically comes from one of three sources. Stormshroud, Purity of Elements and Militant Faith. There is a small concern with the Militant Faith version so it might be safer to stick with one of the first two. I made the swap to Purity of Elements after I got my Mageblood

* You now have a choice which every player must face. You can either continue to make small and incremental upgrades to the build (better rares, level 21 gems etc) or put blinders on and do nothing but save currency for the two big ticket items, A very good wand with the great Enchant, and or Mageblood. You have to make that decision for yourself. I found the grind to Mageblood very slow and tedious but my god was it worth it.

* The T17 regex is a constant FAQ in the thread but I don't think any one here is running T17's or if they are they have not given the Regex for T17's. Many of us can help with a T16 regex if required. Hopefully someday a player will post a T17 regex for us and we can add it to the FAQ in the first post.

° Is there a way to add implicits on corrupted item ? ( my boots are )

° Yeah i see a cluster search in this topic but it was 10 - 11D when i looked at it so I buy a much much cheaper one and didn't know about the leech limit on ES .. MB

° With 1 more lvl I could slot in Stormshroud but what do i have to change to be ailment immune with that jewel ? The easiest way is change my boots and stygian belt + jewel in it ?

° What did you swap for purity of elements ?

I'm currently saving for a Mageblood but i've just at 70-80 div thats why i wanna go in T17 to boost my Div/hour a bit. But its tedious to know how to roll them and combine that with the modifier you have to roll etcetc

Thx
Is it worth getting Healthy Mind Jewel instead of The Light of Meaning?
I get more damage with TLOM, but just more mana with Healthy Mind.

Just curious
Wicked-Vortex
"
Martingale7 wrote:

I decided to play around with some tailwind/elusive/onslaught boots & switched back to foible, but the stats look worse on paper than my old gear. Am I missing something about to configure this properly in POB, or is this just not a good setup for the build?

Old gear:

https://pobb.in/d85hBFLxKlI0

121M DPS, 325k EHP

New gear:

https://pobb.in/Xg-dORcRb81q

120M DPS, 262k (I forgot to check elusive before export) EHP

hmm, at first glance something just seems off in your new POB. You have a strange warning and are also showing that you are using Portal in the key position of Arcane Surge in the gloves.........?

I can't make heads or tails out of this. I would recommend a fresh import into a clean POB and try again.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 28, 2024, 7:13:02 PM
"
Raxanto wrote:
Is it worth getting Healthy Mind Jewel instead of The Light of Meaning?
I get more damage with TLOM, but just more mana with Healthy Mind.

Just curious

The extra mana will give you a little more survivability but most of us who started with Healthy Mind moved over to Light of Meaning by the time we put on some good gear and our mana pool was large enough with out Healthy Mind.
"
Dozdoz wrote:

° Is there a way to add implicits on corrupted item ? ( my boots are )

° Yeah i see a cluster search in this topic but it was 10 - 11D when i looked at it so I buy a much much cheaper one and didn't know about the leech limit on ES .. MB

° With 1 more lvl I could slot in Stormshroud but what do i have to change to be ailment immune with that jewel ? The easiest way is change my boots and stygian belt + jewel in it ?

° What did you swap for purity of elements ?

I'm currently saving for a Mageblood but i've just at 70-80 div thats why i wanna go in T17 to boost my Div/hour a bit. But its tedious to know how to roll them and combine that with the modifier you have to roll etcetc

Thx

* I don't think so about the boots. I did not notice they were corrupted. When you upgrade these, make sure you get a non corrupted pair

* The easiest way for Stormshroud is typically Mageblood as you only need one flask affix and you are done. Other than that, if you want the immunity now, do what you suggested about boots/jewel/etc. You can look on POEninja for builds that use Stormshroud and NOT mageblood to get ideas how they pieced it together

* I was originally using Zealotry but when I swapped over to mageblood, I picked up so much crit chance that I did not miss losing Zealotry.

* I hear what you are saying about T17's. I avoid them entirely because I hate the reroll process even though I think I could probably run them fairly easy now with the current version of my character

"
rapozaa wrote:
Hey all here! - thanks for this great build - first season for me and i like it very much.

Could you please check my build and check if i am missing something _substential_? :-)

It does not feel as smooth as it should i think..

https://pobb.in/0KeHq3sBCxDV

Things on my list (with my prio order):
- Stygian belt and jewel
- Kitava with correct sockets and +1 charge
- The Light of Meaning
- enchant on weapon --> is my weapon good enough for this?
- quality on gems, flasks

Thanks you all very much!

I got the belt and Light of Meaning - i was also dumb and swiched skills, so no new kitava needed for now:

What would be the next upgrade? https://pobb.in/Z7huWPriYvou

Looking for a weapon where the enchantment is valuable? I compared different wands with +crit but the DPS was marginal only better in POB...
"
rapozaa wrote:

Looking for a weapon where the enchantment is valuable? I compared different wands with +crit but the DPS was marginal only better in POB...

Did you remember to add the Enchant mods to the Custom Config? POB does not yet recognize the new enchants effects. If not, add these to your Custom Config window when comparing a wand with the enchant

#Weapon Enchantment Mods
35% Increased Movement Speed
35% Increased Cast Speed
35% Increased Damage

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info