[3.25] The Lazy Nova - Archmage MoM Crit Ice Nova of Frostbolts with Svalinn

"
Martingale7 wrote:
Any suggestions for mageblood flasks? I'm primarily interested in DPS, my build is more than tanky enough for what I'm farming.

I take it something like these might be good, but I've never used this item before tbh:

Lasts 3.40 (augmented) Seconds
Consumes 20 of 50 Charges on use
Currently has 0 Charges
+5% to maximum Lightning Resistance
+40% to Lightning Resistance
--------
Requirements:
Level: 40
--------
Item Level: 84
--------
29% reduced Duration
40% less Duration
25% increased effect
Immunity to Shock during Effect

Lasts 5.70 (augmented) Seconds
Currently has 0 Charges
60% reduced Effect of Freeze on you
--------
Requirements:
Level: 40
--------
--------
Creates Chilled Ground on Use (implicit)
--------
29% reduced Duration
25% increased effect
43% chance to Avoid being Chilled during Effect
43% chance to Avoid being Frozen during Effect
--------

Lasts 2.90 (augmented) Seconds
Currently has 0 Charges
+5% to maximum Fire Resistance
+40% to Fire Resistance
--------
Requirements:
Level: 18
--------
--------
35% reduced Duration
45% less Duration
25% increased effect
Immunity to Poison during Effect
--------

+ maybe an onslaught or crit flask?

I guess it depends on your goals for your build. Mageblood is very flexible.

This is what I did for my build, so that you can compare

1) Switched to Purity of Elements for aura. Added watchers eye for a large amount of chaos res

2) Used 4 flask bases of: Silver, Diamond, Quicksilver, and Sulfur

3) Used 4 suffixes of: Reduced Curse Effect, Increased Crit Chance, Avoid Stun, Movement Speed

4) This flask set up gives the following:

Full Ailment/Curse/Stun Immunity, a ton of crit chance, a ton of movement speed, along with 78% increase damage, and capped chaos res

5) Then you can safely dump Brine King for the much stronger Lunaris

"

As a follow up to my previous question about whether we are really seeing 50% shock or not, I noticed this ridiculous build only sets shocks to 30 even though he is doing significantly more damage than we are.

debuff values on mob tend doesn't "refresh" in real time.
you can notice this while your against a big boss: the shock debuff will show (for example) 30% for a while (1 or 2 sec) and then "refresh" to the new current value (usually higher).

it's like if the shock effect is "polled" from time to time and not in real time.

the fact that we reach 50% is kinda proven by the fact that our damage "ramps": we shock for 10%, so our damage is amped and we shock for 20%, so our damage is amped and we shock for 30% etc etc

you can see this "ramping" against big bosses.

also, i think that the fact that even for his uber version the shock values are just 30% kinda prove that shock effect is "polled"
Last edited by tufferugli on Aug 27, 2024, 5:30:49 PM
Hi guys,
Can someone give me some advice what to do with my skill tree?

If I can gather the currency I can change a few nodes, like Ash, frost and Storm + Forethought = 8 skill points + 2 from lvl so I can allocate a large lightning cluster with life leech, so I can change my gloves implicits and of course add 2 jewels like Storm Shroud for immunity, Watchers Eye or just good rare jewey..

I feel I should upgrade my weapon after that.. But, the haunted by torm spirits is so f'ing expensive :/ and I feel I lost my mind getting a Mage Blood already xD.. Any other tips to maybe make a good weapon?

Suggestions are more than welcome <3
"
aimfeld wrote:

The life regen is not from endurance charges, but from enduring cry. Up to 10% per second. Besides that, enduring cry generates endurance charges, so you can benefit from the +1 max endurance charges on the tree. The added tankiness is quite noticeable.

excellent! I can never have enough tank and while the Tornado is kind of cool to look at, I don't think it is doing all that much.

I am running an extremely fun and easy farm start right now so I don't need the added tankiness. It is so easy that I was able to replace my Sulphur flask with a Gold Flask to help the strat.

If and when I move back to more difficult content I am going to try Enduring Cry out.

Thanks again!
"
tufferugli wrote:
"

As a follow up to my previous question about whether we are really seeing 50% shock or not, I noticed this ridiculous build only sets shocks to 30 even though he is doing significantly more damage than we are.

debuff values on mob tend doesn't "refresh" in real time.
you can notice this while your against a big boss: the shock debuff will show (for example) 30% for a while (1 or 2 sec) and then "refresh" to the new current value (usually higher).

it's like if the shock effect is "polled" from time to time and not in real time.

the fact that we reach 50% is kinda proven by the fact that our damage "ramps": we shock for 10%, so our damage is amped and we shock for 20%, so our damage is amped and we shock for 30% etc etc

you can see this "ramping" against big bosses.

also, i think that the fact that even for his uber version the shock values are just 30% kinda prove that shock effect is "polled"

Thank you for the explanation, I always just assumed we ramped because of Punishment.
I've taken this build pretty far and have had a ton of fun with it. I would love some feedback on what I have so far and see if I'm missing anything obvious.

POB: https://pobb.in/znIfkzt7tqEJ

A couple things I know I need is

- update my gloves now that I have the cluster jewel.
- Get chaos resist on the searching eye jewel
- craft a new jewel to get the corrupted blood enchant
edit double posted
Last edited by Figgis on Aug 27, 2024, 8:17:50 PM
"
Genji084 wrote:
Hi guys,
Can someone give me some advice what to do with my skill tree?

If I can gather the currency I can change a few nodes, like Ash, frost and Storm + Forethought = 8 skill points + 2 from lvl so I can allocate a large lightning cluster with life leech, so I can change my gloves implicits and of course add 2 jewels like Storm Shroud for immunity, Watchers Eye or just good rare jewey..

I feel I should upgrade my weapon after that.. But, the haunted by torm spirits is so f'ing expensive :/ and I feel I lost my mind getting a Mage Blood already xD.. Any other tips to maybe make a good weapon?

Suggestions are more than welcome <3

hello!

Please post your POB and we can take a look.
"
Figgis wrote:
I've taken this build pretty far and have had a ton of fun with it. I would love some feedback on what I have so far and see if I'm missing anything obvious.

POB: https://pobb.in/znIfkzt7tqEJ

A couple things I know I need is

- update my gloves now that I have the cluster jewel.
- Get chaos resist on the searching eye jewel
- craft a new jewel to get the corrupted blood enchant

Hello! Thank you for posting your POB.

I would like to give some recommendations but there are a couple of POB issues that should be attended to first and then you can post a new POB for us to look at.

This POB does not contain an amulet and has warnings about not having enough strength (these are very likely related problems).

Please create a new POB and post again.
Last edited by AndyLovesHisBge on Aug 27, 2024, 9:15:59 PM
Whoops apologies!

https://pobb.in/oEY559hqqc0j

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info